Train at MP 5 Days a Week

JamieG54

My question is what do you think goes on at training. We all know our tactics are the high ball to Daly or play left to Wallace. If someone double marks Wallace then were screwed. At training do you think we actually plan to play better but in games it just doesnt pay off? I know the opposition play deep behind the ball but we must have better training methods. Thats 5 days x 6/7/8 hour sessions. 30-40 hours a week and this is what we come up with? Cant be right.

My question is what do you think goes on at training. We all know our tactics are the high ball to Daly or play left to Wallace. If someone double marks Wallace then were screwed. At training do you think we actually plan to play better but in games it just doesnt pay off? I know the opposition play deep behind the ball but we must have better training methods. Thats 5 days x 6/7/8 hour sessions. 30-40 hours a week and this is what we come up with? Cant be right.

the guys are lucky to do three fecking hours a day those five days, what you talking about with 6/7/8?

According to one of the co-managers of the EK lowland team who was invited in before Christmas to watch the training and pick up some ideas.....the level and standard of training is so poor he feels there is far better examples at amateur clubs he has been involved with!

Even without that insight I think it's clear to see something is wrong! It can't be a coincidence that so many players have regressed since signing for us!

Theyre training a few hours a day and it looks like it too... They look like a part time team who only see each other on Matchdays.....

I would sack Ally n backroom staff now. They have done amazing and kept the club together, but for 2 seasons what were watching is god awful, No excuses, and the training has everything to do with it.

New ideas, new management and coaching are required and need NOW..... we have 17 months to prepare before were back in Premier League

Well said that man, we train fck all, said it all season if you asked a neutral who might be at the game any game "who is the Part Time team and who is the Full Time" to much fkn Nandos and complacency.

Our players are definitely not improving.

Our coaching system if we have one is woeful.

Don't know about youth level but 1St Team coaching is rank.

Been like that for years now even under Watty.

only thing Walter done was good at motivating his teams.

Our present Managing team do not even have that.

Has to change fucking sick of It now.

They have absolutely no idea whatsoever about how to defend corners and crosses into the box. No idea whatsoever. None. Vacant gap in knowledge. Zero ability to defend these on a competent basis. Incompetent in fact. No good the Manager saying he is disappointed. He's said as much too often in the past few seasons. No point in pointing out (as I recall he did) the stats from last season about around 80% of goals lost at set pieces. No point whatsoever. Why - because the plain evidence is they are not capable of doing anything about it. Time after time. Week after week. Game after game the defence looks like a disaster waiting to happen when a corner or attacking free kick is awarded against us. He does not like the word but there is only one word for it - embarrassing.

Should fine everyone in that squad a weeks wages imo. Those part time players get fuck all money from playing for their team, and many work for little more than the minimum wage during the week.

Too many pampered pansies in our team come match day, and that was very evident today. Hardly anyone looked up for it....looked like they all went through the motions. Give them a hit in their pocket....maybe they'll wake the fuck up after that, because nothing that happens on the pitch seems to motivate them!

According to one of the co-managers of the EK lowland team who was invited in before Christmas to watch the training and pick up some ideas.....the level and standard of training is so poor he feels there is far better examples at amateur clubs he has been involved with!

Even without that insight I think it's clear to see something is wrong! It can't be a coincidence that so many players have regressed since signing for us!

Law - playing out of position (far tooooooo deep) just one example. The body language of our coaching staff during matches is a clear indicator of how not to motivate players.

Our players are definitely not improving.

Our coaching system if we have one is woeful.

Don't know about youth level but 1St Team coaching is rank.

Been like that for years now even under Watty.

only thing Walter done was good at motivating his teams.

Our present Managing team do not even have that.

Has to change fucking sick of It now.

We are better of mothballing Auchenhowie until we are back at the top with a decent management team in charge, we can't afford to fund a white elephant.

Auchenhowie generates its own income so can't be classed as a White Elephant. As we know it has the best facilities in Scotland. I can vouch for the youth elite coaching sessions there as I had 2 of my grand sons on the Goalkeeping courses there all of last year. At the end of the course assessment one of them was identified by the coach as having the potential of going onto the Pro Youth Team in a year if he continued to progressed but didn't think he was ready yet. At the Barrhead youth tournament the Rangers scout invited him to join the Pro-Youth team which he accepted. from the offset I was not happy with the coaching as it was more like a warm up and persuaded him to continue with the Elite Coaching Course as it was far superior. 3 months into the team his dreams were dashed when he was released. Yes Auchenhowie has excellent facilities is self financing has excellent elite coaches but when they reach the pro youth team they think they have made the grade and take their foot off the gas. If this attitude is reflected through the coaching staff up to the big team its no wonder they are under achieving and should get back to grass roots and train on the Elite Coaching Courses.