Train at MP 5 Days a Week

JamieG54

The truth is our players are not full time and never have been in terms of training, players come to MP for a few hours and leave to go and play X-box or shop most days.

Players in Germany, Holland probably spend many more hours training per week than they do at Rangers or in Scotland.

Please tell me you have knocked this up on your laptop, and it is not a real schedule.

Why, it is the much publicised schedule that came into the public domain due to the outcry at money being squandered on meals, massages and afternoon naps for a journey to Forfar around 90 mins travel time from Ibrox. (tu)

Why, it is the much publicised schedule that came into the public domain due to the outcry at money being squandered on meals, massages and afternoon naps for a journey to Forfar around 90 mins travel time from Ibrox. (tu)

I hadn't seen I before.

The unfortunate thing is its exposure has had no affect whatsoever, all remains the same so present day circumstances really shouldn't be a surprise. No matter how good any facility is, if it is being run and approached in amateurish fashion the result will be amateurish performance.

My question is what do you think goes on at training. We all know our tactics are the high ball to Daly or play left to Wallace. If someone double marks Wallace then were screwed. At training do you think we actually plan to play better but in games it just doesnt pay off? I know the opposition play deep behind the ball but we must have better training methods. Thats 5 days x 6/7/8 hour sessions. 30-40 hours a week and this is what we come up with? Cant be right.

8 hours a week more like.

Overpaid below average footballers

Wouldn't mind this training schedule if we were winning, showing high levels of fitness, displaying evidence of cohesion and ability at set pieces at both ends of the park, and playing a penetrative and passing style of football.

Until then we should be working harder and longer at training until the above are achieved, then they can 'top up' on what's in the bank.

Theyre training a few hours a day and it looks like it too... They look like a part time team who only see each other on Matchdays.....

I would sack Ally n backroom staff now. They have done amazing and kept the club together, but for 2 seasons what were watching is god awful, No excuses, and the training has everything to do with it.

New ideas, new management and coaching are required and need NOW..... we have 17 months to prepare before were back in Premier League

sad but true, we need to act now.

We dominate possession in most games, which would indicate our fitness and training schedule is just fine. Players like Black and Daly could train for 12 hours a day and not show any improvement. The fact is, we just don't have enough quality players. Ally has decided on the long ball percentage game to get us through the lower leagues, and to an extent it's working just fine. The downfall of it is, it's getting a bit tiresome to watch. He can only work with the tools he's given. People on here need to get off FootballManager, and start living in the real world.