Cringeworthy

The amount of people on here getting all uptight about people calling McCoist names. Calling for guys to be banned because of it, the lot. Grow up ffs. Just cos he's a club legend doesn't make him exempt from criticism, the fact is he's useless as a manager and is turning us into a laughing stock.

Maybe try and focus on that instead of getting your G string in a twist because another member has called him a tit or a cunt in the heat of the moment.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

People got angry because I called him a Tit (though it was wrong and I apologized for it as it was out of anger) the reaction I got you'd of thought I'd walked up to the guy called him every name under the sun, and then denounced Glasgow Rangers as my team..

Everyone has the right to criticize mccoist as a manager.

To call the man a cunt is embarrassing and disrespectful. Whether you like him or not there should be no denying his achievements as a player has afforded him luxury of respect

I don't think the person who posted it should be banned, what would be the point

I think all legends deserve our respect, I think we all should have enough class to be able to conjure our opinion without delving into the gutter and calling him names which you really shouldn't call anyone - let alone someone who is a legend at the club you love.

People calling McCoist a "cunt" - amazing anyone can actually defend that. Heat of the moment tripe? Someone might piss off another person enough for them to stab a screwdriver in their eye, but due to us not all being animals and having quite a large brain between our ears most of us have learned restraint.

*Think* about what you're saying and defending.

Incredible

I think all legends deserve our respect, I think we all should have enough class to be able to conjure our opinion without delving into the gutter and calling him names which you really shouldn't call anyone - let alone someone who is a legend at the club you love.

People calling McCoist a "cunt" - amazing anyone can actually defend that. Heat of the moment tripe? Someone might piss off another person enough for them to stab a screwdriver in their eye, but due to us not all being animals and having quite a large brain between our ears most of us have learned restraint.

*Think* about what you're saying and defending.

Incredible

So calling McCoist an insulting name in the heat of the moment is unacceptable in your eyes but a grown man calling for someone to have their account for this forum terminated (as you were earlier) is perfectly rational behaviour?

I have no need to call him names - I do want him removed from his post though.

Not good enough.

This genuinely is the most sensible post I've seen about the subject since McCoist took over.

Ps, wee cousin was in awe of your advertising/roaring today :lol: his 3rd game.

Folk have lived a sheltered life if they think calling him a cunt or tit is worth getting upset about.

People are paying a lot of money only to be pissed off with his appalling attempt at managing a team that should be head and shoulders above the opposition given the vast difference in talent.

Let folk vent steam , I'd draw the line at tim insults like 'Fat Sally' though.

its all in the context

Calling ally a cunt plain and simple is a no, obviously, no one connected to our club should be subjected to that,

However calling ally a cunt of a manager, or a fucking clown of a manager (yes my list of them could go on) is acceptable imo as its an opinion of his managerial ability

But tbh after some recent results and general season performances on the park, he'll fast lose any respect a lot of fans have for him

So calling McCoist an insulting name in the heat of the moment is unacceptable in your eyes but a grown man calling for someone to have their account for this forum terminated (as you were earlier) is perfectly rational behaviour?

Yes I do. We are supposed to be Rangers fans - try not to forget it.

In the heat of the moment - aww diddums - I bet that type of defence works all the time in court. And let's not mix words here, the "insulting name" McCoist was called was "cunt".

People have had their accounts terminated for much less for example: :shifty:

I call him everything at games. As I do with the players. Ive always been the same and the way I see it is its because I care so much. I dont actually think mccoist is half the names I call him. If people get upset with it im not arsed. Ive never heard anyone complain at the games.

Folk have lived a sheltered life if they think calling him a cunt or tit is worth getting upset about.

People are paying a lot of money only to be pissed off with his appalling attempt at managing a team that should be head and shoulders above the opposition given the vast difference in talent.

Let folk vent steam , I'd draw the line at tim insults like 'Fat Sally' though.

Never gonna be allowed though. Too many guys on here desperate to be McCoist's BFF. They're probably more offended at the insults than the man himself would be.

Yes I do. We are supposed to be Rangers fans - try not to forget it.

In the heat of the moment - aww diddums - I bet that type of defence works all the time in court. And let's not mix words here, the "insulting name" McCoist was called was "cunt".

People have had their accounts terminated for much less for example: :shifty:

Agree to disagree. See no point in continuing to debate with someone who's actually sad enough to want people banned over something so trivial.

At the end of the day McCoist is one of us, a Rangers lagend, it shows complete and utter disrespect to call him a cunt. If anyone is deserving of our respect its Ally, im not defending whats happening on the pitch and I think he should step down but come on, criticism is fine but at the very least McCoist should be treated with respect on a Rangers forum. I dont think people should be banned but I think it goes without saying that that kind of behaviour shouldnt be allowed.

Agree to disagree. See no point in continuing to debate with someone who's actually sad enough to want people banned over something so trivial.

You're the one who felt a need to start a thread after me saying "in my opinion anyone who calls a club legend a "cunt" should have their account terminated" in another thread. Feel free to call me sad if you want, but the irony is staggering.

You may think it's trivial, I think it's despicable behaviour, I don't want McCoist as manager but I would never stoop that low to call a Rangers legend a "cunt".

You're the one who felt a need to start a thread after me saying "in my opinion anyone who calls a club legend a "cunt" should have their account terminated" in another thread. Feel free to call me sad if you want, but the irony is staggering.

You may think it's trivial, I think it's despicable behaviour, I don't want McCoist as manager but I would never stoop that low to call a Rangers legend a "cunt".

The thread isn't only about your reaction to him being called a cunt, there was other guys had said similar things and got the same criticism from the self appointed Protectors of Ally. That's why I started the thread, I don't think he's a cunt, I doubt the guys that said it really do either, but the over the top reaction to it is laughable IMO.