If you were manager?

Set the scene for you:

You're the Rangers manager, you're in the quarter final of the Scottish cup against Albion Rovers who are third bottom in the third division of Scottish Football - You send out this team:

(Formation: 4-4-1-1)

Bell;

Foster, Mohsni, McCulloch; Wallace;

Aird, Black, Law, Templeton;

Shiels,

Daly

Albion Rovers score first, what do you do to change the game after you realize your first tactics/formation wasn't working?

For me personally I'd of changed to a 4-3-2-1, subbing Foster for Faure, Daly for little, moving Templeton up into the left forward role, with Shiels on the right, Little lone striker.

So it'd look like this:

Bell;

Faure, Mohsni McCulloch, Wallace

Aird, Black, Law

Shiels, Templeton

Little.

Plan would of been simple: Keep the ball on the ground, short passes towards Templeton & Shiels, allow Law & Aird to make runs past them, short passes out toward Law & Aird, Templeton & Shiels make runs into the box to assist Little, crosses come in, 3 men in the box to attack it.

If the crosses failed, short passes to the forwards again, allow them to make runs into the box, and then short passes out toward Black who can find someone to hit a short pass to allowing for direct shots at goal from in the box, or on the edge of the box,

Hey look I'm a better manager than McCoist...

I would bring everyone back for corners so we could invite pressure on to us and take of a striker when we r losing so that we can continue to pump balls up to a defender who is running around like a funny. That would be be tactics, can I have the job

Yer signed mate! £800k awrite for you?

Set the scene for you:

You're the Rangers manager, you're in the quarter final of the Scottish cup against Albion Rovers who are third bottom in the third division of Scottish Football - You send out this team:

(Formation: 4-4-1-1)

Bell;

Foster, Mohsni, McCulloch; Wallace;

Aird, Black, Law, Templeton;

Shiels,

Daly

Albion Rovers score first, what do you do to change the game after you realize your first tactics/formation wasn't working?

For me personally I'd of changed to a 4-3-2-1, subbing Foster for Faure, Daly for little, moving Templeton up into the left forward role, with Shiels on the right, Little lone striker.

So it'd look like this:

Bell;

Faure, Mohsni McCulloch, Wallace

Aird, Black, Law

Shiels, Templeton

Little.

Plan would of been simple: Keep the ball on the ground, short passes towards Templeton & Shiels, allow Law & Aird to make runs past them, short passes out toward Law & Aird, Templeton & Shiels make runs into the box to assist Little, crosses come in, 3 men in the box to attack it.

If the crosses failed, short passes to the forwards again, allow them to make runs into the box, and then short passes out toward Black who can find someone to hit a short pass to allowing for direct shots at goal from in the box, or on the edge of the box,

Hey look I'm a better manager than McCoist...

That's the one to win it.

And while your at it don't put 11 of your own Team in your area at corners it's causing chaos.

If i was Rangers manager i would never play 1 up front against any cunt in Scottish football.

I would never send our best winger out on loan (Barrie McKay) and keep playing Fraser aird who couldn't beat sleep.

I wouldn't have sent Kyle McAusland out on loan and i would never play Ricky foster ever again. I wouldn't have even thought about siging that useless cunt.

He was shite the 1st time around and he seems to be even worse the 2nd time.

Also i would tell the players to stop passing the ball in a square around the pitch and punting long balls into no one.

Have Rangers heard of pass and move or even playing the ball through the middle?

I'm glad to still be in the cup but, this is happening every week under McCoist it's time for people to wake up to him.

That's the one to win it.

And while your at it don't put 11 of your own Team in your area at corners it's causing chaos.

See at corners, I'd of kept 2/3 up field to draw their men back from our box and provide an outball, and relieve pressure, or is that crazy?!

If I was our manager and this was the level of performance I could muster week in week out after three years in charge and a wage bill that would choke a horse, I would step aside. Because if I really thought that was as good as it gets, I would clearly be deluded to the point of sectioning.

If I was our manager and this was the level of performance I could muster week in week out after three years in charge and a wage bill that would choke a horse, I would step aside. Because if I really thought that was as good as it gets, I would clearly be deluded to the point of sectioning.

This. Ally is deluded.

On paper the team selection an formation was fine....the problem is these same players have been underperforming week in week out and continue to get picked regardless! The style we play nullifies the talents of many of our players especially law and daly! Nobody can say the vast majority if players ally has signed have improved! If anything they have regressed! I genuinly believe under a better manager that same exact team would be performing to a much higher standard on a more consistent basis!

On paper the team selection an formation was fine....

Playing a team that the game before couldn't manage to score a goal against East Fife in open play, and relied on a penalty in the 92nd minute was his first mistake, he should of switched things up going into this game.

The formation? It was basically a 4-5-1, which shows he lacked confidence going into the game in the first place, or showed to much respect to Albion Rovers. He never had Rangers set up for attacking football if we're being honest.

Thank god the OP is not our manager. Would you really have made two subs after 13 minutes on us going behind?

You'd have played Aird in CM?

Our bench today was not full of attacking options, we really need another winger as Aird is not very good but there was no one really to replace him with (tu)

Playing a team that the game before couldn't manage to score a goal against East Fife in open play, and relied on a penalty in the 92nd minute was his first mistake, he should of switched things up going into this game.

The formation? It was basically a 4-5-1, which shows he lacked confidence going into the game in the first place, or showed to much respect to Albion Rovers. He never had Rangers set up for attacking football if we're being honest.

Erm did you read the rest of my post or did you stop after the first sentence?