If you were manager?

better than anything else we have and will likely have in the next few years

Based on exactly what evidence?

He has looked fairly competent against lower league opposition when he remembers he is not a centre forward and cuts out the silly giving the ball away and remembers he has to occasionally be in his own half.

We have yet to see if he can do it at a higher level

Based on exactly what evidence?

He has looked fairly competent against lower league opposition when he remembers he is not a centre forward and cuts out the silly giving the ball away and remembers he has to occasionally be in his own half.

We have yet to see if he can do it at a higher level

Based on the fact that we are broje and canny afford anyone else, jig is finished and Cribari is brutal, tge young cebtre halves might be good but we'll never know with ally in charge

1 - McAusland wouldn't have been loaned out & would have started RB, Faure over Foster too.

2 - Would have put more attacking youngsters on the bench instead of so many defenders.

But going on team that started i would have subbed Foster for Little then went to a back 3 & Crawford for Aird who was pish, worst performance i've seen from him.

Set the scene for you:

You're the Rangers manager, you're in the quarter final of the Scottish cup against Albion Rovers who are third bottom in the third division of Scottish Football - You send out this team:

(Formation: 4-4-1-1)

Bell;

Foster, Mohsni, McCulloch; Wallace;

Aird, Black, Law, Templeton;

Shiels,

Daly

Albion Rovers score first, what do you do to change the game after you realize your first tactics/formation wasn't working?

For me personally I'd of changed to a 4-3-2-1, subbing Foster for Faure, Daly for little, moving Templeton up into the left forward role, with Shiels on the right, Little lone striker.

So it'd look like this:

Bell;

Faure, Mohsni McCulloch, Wallace

Aird, Black, Law

Shiels, Templeton

Little.

Plan would of been simple: Keep the ball on the ground, short passes towards Templeton & Shiels, allow Law & Aird to make runs past them, short passes out toward Law & Aird, Templeton & Shiels make runs into the box to assist Little, crosses come in, 3 men in the box to attack it.

If the crosses failed, short passes to the forwards again, allow them to make runs into the box, and then short passes out toward Black who can find someone to hit a short pass to allowing for direct shots at goal from in the box, or on the edge of the box,

Hey look I'm a better manager than McCoist...

Personally , I wouldn't allow our players to defend like that to allow rovers ahead in the first place and would actually coach the team instead off applauding pish every 5 minutes and standing with my arms folded the rest.

The answer is, I would play 4-1-3-3 with Black sitting and the rest bombing forward, the thing that made me chuckle was, I would have sent cammy bell up for the corner in injury time and pushing them forward, kicking every ball

Personally , I wouldn't allow our players to defend like that to allow rovers ahead in the first place and would actually coach the team instead off applauding pish every 5 minutes and standing with my arms folded the rest.

The answer is, I would play 4-1-3-3 with Black sitting and the rest bombing forward, the thing that made me chuckle was, I would have sent cammy bell up for the corner in injury time and pushing them forward, kicking every ball

Def win with 12 players on the park.

I'd leave it until half time. McCoist got that bit right. You shouldn't panic losing a silly goal as it happens. At HT I would have hooked Shiels for Little and played a direct 442 with instructions to Black to sit back with Lee and let Mohsni bomb forward and feed off of loose balls in the final third. I'd have told Foster to stay no further back than the half way line, told Aird that he either goes down the outside of he goes off and told Daly to start moving his feet to give their tortoise' somehing worth giving them the cramp they got.

I'd ignore FM experts on the internet and rely on my knowledge of the game gained in representing my team, country, and completing my coaching qualifications. I'd probably also arrange for all my mates to get seats in the Directors' Box for home games and I'd ride the St Etienne bike round the track.

If I was the manager I adopt an attacking 3 – 5 – 2 formation. I don’t hold with the idea of getting to the by line and getting a cross in, it too predictable and too easy to defend against, a diagonal run into the box is more direct and harder to defend against and it seems that every club in Europe does it to great effect. Defenders in the Scottish game cannot cope with this type of attack.

The instruction would be keep the ball on the ground at all times unless it is an across field pass to break up the play or to exploit a weakness. using simple one touch passing that can be effective and devastating at the same time where possible and no more than 3 touches, 1 to stop the ball, one to control the ball and one to play the ball.

The attackers would be instructed to shoot from anywhere in and around the box if a pass to a better positioned player is not on.

I would have the players in from 9 in the morning until 5, they would be training and practising set pieces, learning about the opposition and how they like to play, studying footage of past games and even other teams like the Ajax side from the 70’s the Milan side of the late 80’s the rangers 9 in a row side and with out doubt the great brazil teams. In training we would use the Futebol de Salão ball, its smaller and heavier and is designed to be played on the ground, it has 30% less bounce. The training area would be greatly decreased when working with this ball so that when they are using a full sized pitch and a regulation ball in a game they can use it faster and more directly.

During this working day the players would spend from just after 9 till about 2 training and learning, the rest of the day would be visiting schools and hospitals. Getting in about the sick kids and having a higher public profile. To teach them some humility, I think that a club the size and stature of Rangers should be doing something like this on a regular basis not because its fashionable but simple because it’s the right thing to do, to raise awareness of certain illnesses and causes etc.

Set the scene for you:

You're the Rangers manager, you're in the quarter final of the Scottish cup against Albion Rovers who are third bottom in the third division of Scottish Football - You send out this team:

(Formation: 4-4-1-1)

Bell;

Foster, Mohsni, McCulloch; Wallace;

Aird, Black, Law, Templeton;

Shiels,

Daly

Albion Rovers score first, what do you do to change the game after you realize your first tactics/formation wasn't working?

For me personally I'd of changed to a 4-3-2-1, subbing Foster for Faure, Daly for little, moving Templeton up into the left forward role, with Shiels on the right, Little lone striker.

So it'd look like this:

Bell;

Faure, Mohsni McCulloch, Wallace

Aird, Black, Law

Shiels, Templeton

Little.

Plan would of been simple: Keep the ball on the ground, short passes towards Templeton & Shiels, allow Law & Aird to make runs past them, short passes out toward Law & Aird, Templeton & Shiels make runs into the box to assist Little, crosses come in, 3 men in the box to attack it.

If the crosses failed, short passes to the forwards again, allow them to make runs into the box, and then short passes out toward Black who can find someone to hit a short pass to allowing for direct shots at goal from in the box, or on the edge of the box,

Hey look I'm a better manager than McCoist...

If it worked for you on FM then whoop whoop ! Difference between you and Ally is that Ally actually has to deliver - folk keep saying its a results based business and Ally delivers results - you probably think you could give financial advice to Bill gates after reading a standard life brochure!

If it worked for you on FM then whoop whoop ! Difference between you and Ally is that Ally actually has to deliver - folk keep saying its a results based business and Ally delivers results - you probably think you could give financial advice to Bill gates after reading a standard life brochure!

It's interesting to me you are the first to claim everyone deserves an opinion but are also the first to undermine or attack that opinion if it doesn't concur with your rather warped sense of reality.

I'd set up 4-3-3 with who I had on the field tasking Foster to play LOW ball into the top 3 of Temps, Shiels and Daly with Wallace providing service on the other side and the midfield sitting high in control and sprinting back when we lose possession to brace the defence, their professionals, a 30 minute period of this isn't going to ruin them so they should be able to turn it on until we secure a brace. Top 3 would be told to maneouvre themselves as required stretched across the top end.

It's interesting to me you are the first to claim everyone deserves an opinion but are also the first to undermine or attack that opinion if it doesn't concur with your rather warped sense of reality.

Every one is entitled to an opinion - but sticking it on an open, anonomous, forum opens you up to someone having a differing opinion - and an opinion on what you wrote - I should know!

Every one is entitled to an opinion - but sticking it on an open, anonomous, forum opens you up to someone having a differing opinion - and an opinion on what you wrote - I should know!

I don't see the necessity in having four at the back against Albion Rovers who you know are gonna defend all game.

Get battered in about them and when Wallace charges up the park have Black or Law fall back to cover the position.

however that would mean dropping McCulloch or dropping Moshni and leaving McCulloch on his own at CB, which probably isn't a good idea. In fact I don't know if it's a good idea leaving either of them on their own.