Nail your colours to the mast.

EatDolphins

538 members have voted

1. 1. The way forward

The football is terrible, but we should have won by 4 or 5 yesterday to be fair, poor finishing let us down. To get rid of a manager who has lost one game this season, who would also need a substantial pay off, as would his coaching staff, probably isn't a smart move when we just took out a loan to get us by. I think the least he deserves is next season in a more competitive environment. If we get by Albion in the replay the game v Dundee Utd will give us a good idea of where exactly we are and how far we have come since we played them last season.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With a lump in my throat I voted for all coaches out. Durrant and Ally are dyed in the wool bluenoses but sentiment won't carry the team forward and neither, sadly, can their coaching abilities. Reminds me of when Greig was manager, I so wanted him to succeed but he always seemed to just come up short. Sure Ally is winning but only in a manner and against opposition that leaves me feeling dissatisfied and unenthused.

There has been no apparent improvement in our playing style or tactics in the last three years. It would therefore seem evident that the majority of blame be lain fairly and squarely on the manager, his coaching staff and then the players. A complete clear out is now needed as I can see no discernable progress having been made in the last two seasons. Yes, we have moved up the leagues but the style of football and perfomances of our team has been dreadful and uninspiring. The buck has to stop somewhere and for me that is at the managers desk.

Director of Football needs appointed first to run Auchenhowie, then a completely new coaching staff for the first team.

A Director of Football won`t be appointed any time soon no matter who the gaffer is, Wallace is talking about major cutbacks at the club come the summer. No one but essential staff will be keep on in the Football dept.

I've been a lurker for 2 years, and it's time I put across my feelings on all this.

Recently I've found myself becoming more and more frustrated, as this glorious opportunity of re-inventing how we operate both on and off the pitch is slowly being frittered away. There is primarily one man responsible for wasting that opportunity - Ally McCoist. An absolute legend of a player, but completely devoid of any characteristics that make up a football manager.

When I continually read and re-read the same predictable 'handful' of posters, time after time, backing Ally by saying dross like: 'But we are unbeaten...', 'But we are the highest scorers in Britain...', 'But we are in a Cup Final...', 'But we have won the league at a canter...', I actually think to myself, 'Are they serious?', 'Are they c***c fans taking the piss?', 'Are they deluded somehow?'. They cannot possibly be normal, functioning Rangers fans, with their faculties in order. SURELY, any sane person must know that what they are seeing unfold on the pitch is nothing short of a travesty? SURELY???

I could see it coming for a year, if not longer, so how can others not!? Now however, slowly, the tide is turning. There is discontent brewing in the fans, at the stadium... Between now and the start of the Championship season, they are critical times. We need to act NOW.

In a few short months, we will find ourselves starting the Championship campaign, and we are gonna be fucked! If Ally is still in charge by then, it's gonna take us another ten years to recover. Someone else needs to be in place before that campaign starts - that is imperative and should be our priority! Maybe we can reduce that ten years down to a handful...

My honest opinion, is those people who voted Ally to stay (8 as of now) are either mentally and visually impaired, or most likely, they are imposters on the wind-up. They bloody must be one of the two! Sad really...

This the new thing, is it? Anyone that doesn't tow the party line is retarded, deluded or a mhank? You're not the only one to try to thottle debate by using these pathetic assertions. And now from someone with 37 posts. Lol.

Hope to bring some sanity into the discussion!

Do people realise how much it would cost to terminate the contracts of McCoist, Durrant & McDowall? I do not know myself but it's sure to be more money than we have in the bank just now!

Yesterday's result was disappointing. The performance of the team, though, was not as woeful as some have made out. According to the stats, we had 33 shots at goal compared to Rovers' 3, and 10 shots on target compared to Rovers' 1.

McCoist and his backroom staff may not be perfect, but we're likely to win the League this Wednesday, we're about to play in the Ramsden's final, and we've still got a great chance of making the Scottish Cup semis. How many of us would have taken that at the start of the season?

For me, McCoist still has a lot of credit in the bank and, like any other manager, should be allowed to continue until results start to go against him.

Be careful what you wish for before getting rid of a manager who is delivering! I, of course, support Ally

A manager who is delivering a part-time league, with a full-time club? Shouldn't be hard to find another one of those!

A manager who cannot deliver in any cup competition he's ever been in? We don't want a manager like that.

I think that if McCoist had some decent coaches behind him from the start he would have made better progress. The likes of McDowall and Durant don't give me confidence that he'd be getting the best advice. Let alone advice which would lead towards skillful football or flair, or new ways of thinking and coaching techniques.

This the new thing, is it? Anyone that doesn't tow the party line is retarded, deluded or a mhank? You're not the only one to try to thottle debate by using these pathetic assertions. And now from someone with 37 posts. Lol.

What's my low post count got to do with anything? Bringing that up pretty much sums up the mentality of the Ally backers.

I have a brain and a set of eyes. That's all that's required to see the trouble we are falling towards with Ally at the helm...

It pains me to say it as I have supported Ally all the way but I just can not see Ally being able to take us further forward. He steadied the ship and we owe him a massive debt of gratitude but he and the coaching staff have to go at the end of the season. We need a philosophy of playing football. We want people to want to watch us.

I'd like McCoist and Durrant to go but McDowall to be kept on in some form. He came highly rated and the players that he has worked with in the past have all praised him. He seems the one of the three that has a modicum of coaching talent, i'd be willing to give him more responsibility.

Such as caretaker manager for the remainder of the season...

What's my low post count got to do with anything? Bringing that up pretty much sums up the mentality of the Ally backers.

I have a brain and a set of eyes. That's all that's required to see the trouble we are falling towards with Ally at the helm...

There you go again. Hardly good for constructive debate with those pathetic assertions.

What's your number of posts got to do with anything? Most of the people on here supporting McCoist have thousands of posts, some hundreds. You are far more likely to be a mhank than them. Also, it takes a certain arrogance to come into a forum and so quickly start calling established as mhanks.

How about trying to debate rather than throwing about accusations/insults simply because they have a different opinion.?

He's a dreadful manager, as I've said for years.

Provides zero entertainment, all he ever had left was 'results'.

Now they are slipping too, no where to hide for the blind faith loyal.

He's not good enough and neither are his coaches. An entire clear out is required for us to progress as a club.

The boardroom fragility keeps him in a job.

How about trying to debate rather than throwing about accusations/insults simply because they have a different opinion.?

I can't see how Ally being the man to take us forward can be up for debate though. Ally is clearly NOT the man to take us forward. The last 2 seasons have proved that. The poll proves that. Surely, it's gotta be a fairly hefty majority of people who don't want him there next season?

What we should be debating is 'How can we get rid of him and the rest?'. Should they do the right thing and resign, being financially secure for the rest of their lives, or should they be sacked. How would we afford to pay them off if we were to sack them though...

Also, just out of curiousity, if this was an open poll, say for example in the newspaper, what percentage of non-Rangers fans do you think would choose either option 2 'Ally stays?', or option 5 'No change?'. I'd estimate about 99% of them! They are loving having him in charge! When are people like you gonna realise he is holding us back?

Also, how many posts do you deem it necessary for me to have before my replies are 'credible' to you?

There you go again. Hardly good for constructive debate with those pathetic assertions.

What's your number of posts got to do with anything? Most of the people on here supporting McCoist have thousands of posts, some hundreds. You are far more likely to be a mhank than them. Also, it takes a certain arrogance to come into a forum and so quickly start calling established as mhanks.

How dare you call the poster a mhank, you don't know him, you silly person.

I know this poster, as we fly up from the South Coast regularly, he is a ST holder, something a lot of posters on here don't, got the same blue blood as the rest of us.

Your assumption has now made you look rather foolish my friend.