Nail your colours to the mast.

EatDolphins

538 members have voted

1. 1. The way forward

Hope to bring some sanity into the discussion!

Do people realise how much it would cost to terminate the contracts of McCoist, Durrant & McDowall? I do not know myself but it's sure to be more money than we have in the bank just now!

Yesterday's result was disappointing. The performance of the team, though, was not as woeful as some have made out. According to the stats, we had 33 shots at goal compared to Rovers' 3, and 10 shots on target compared to Rovers' 1.

McCoist and his backroom staff may not be perfect, but we're likely to win the League this Wednesday, we're about to play in the Ramsden's final, and we've still got a great chance of making the Scottish Cup semis. How many of us would have taken that at the start of the season?

For me, McCoist still has a lot of credit in the bank and, like any other manager, should be allowed to continue until results start to go against him.

Can you give me an example of a single game we have won this season that you wouldn't expect us to win.

If not, over the course of 2 seasons, can you name all the victories out manager achieved that we didn't expect. (tu)

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you give me an example of a single game we have won this season that you wouldn't expect us to win.

If not, over the course of 2 seasons, can you name all the victories out manager achieved that we didn't expect. (tu)

Motherwell last season. You could technically add the Falkirk and QOTS games as they are both in higher leagues but in reality we expected to beat them and did.

Exactly, and you can add the very disappointing defeats which should have been victories in the diddy league we were in.

These are the same folk who, at the beginning of the last 2 seasons, said we would win every league game.

Motherwell last season. You could technically add the Falkirk and QOTS games as they are both in higher leagues but in reality we expected to beat them and did.

Forget falkirk and QOTS. Motherwell is the only victory in 2 seasons that we can look on as an accomplishment.

1 unexpected victory over what 70-80 games.

Now how many unexpected draws and losses in the same period??

Also, I think we have a core of players who could still come good with the right coaching.

Shiels, Temps, Black, Daly and Clark to name a few are all good players, nearly a whole team of players just don't go shit over a few months, with a proper manager and backroom team they would come back to their best.

I think that its quite significant in the poll that only around one in six want ally to remain manager.

Make that now one in ten.

What a difference a fortnight makes in some knee jerkers minds.

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=265589

53% of the votes cast voted that Ally deserves a crack at the championship regardless of the results in the SC. Yet after a shaky result in the SC it is all change. Just goes to show the fickle nature of a lot of football fans.

http://forum.rangers...howtopic=265589

53% of the votes cast voted that Ally deserves a crack at the championship regardless of the results in the SC. Yet after a shaky result in the SC it is all change. Just goes to show the fickle nature of a lot of football fans.

Or maybe it shows even the more patient types are starting to just lose any sort of faith

http://forum.rangers...howtopic=265589

I would have been one of them Gogz but it just isn't getting any better and I've lost all hope that it would. When we were dumped down the divisions I had a naive notion of a complete rebirth of our football. Instead we ended up sighting any out of contract mediocre spl player on wages we can ill afford. I backed him then thinking we are we are and it'll get better. But it didn't. It's getting worse. I feel worse about our club now than I did when we found out we would be in the 3rd division.

I voted 'absolutely everyone out' thinking it meant both Ally and the entire coaching staff. most of the players deserve to stay IMO however we seriously need to get rid of the deadwood e.g. Cribari, Smith

A half decent manager would be able to get the best out of our core players like Bell, Wallace, Black, Shiels, Law and Templeton.

McCoist has failed to do so while inflating the squad with utter rubbish which will be hard to budge.

A half decent manager would be able to get the best out of our core players like Bell, Wallace, Black, Shiels, Law and Templeton.

McCoist has failed to do so while inflating the squad with utter rubbish which will be hard to budge.

Yep, our squad needs a lot of work to try and challenge for the top flight don't get me wrong but a good manager could use what we've got right now far better.

ally out unfortunately because sadly you cant keep defending these type of performances,in 2013/14 ally has had ample time to develop a style of play to win games and entertain but has failed in this so for the good of the club go at the end of the season and pass the job on to someone who can take us forward

When we were dumped down the divisions I had a naive notion of a complete rebirth of our football. Instead we ended up signing any out of contract mediocre spl player on wages we can ill afford. I backed him then thinking we are where we are and it'll get better. But it didn't. It's getting worse. I feel worse about our club now than I did when we found out we would be in the 3rd division.

This. Especially the last sentence.

Couldn't have said it better myself...

I would have been one of them Gogz but it just isn't getting any better and I've lost all hope that it would. When we were dumped down the divisions I had a naive notion of a complete rebirth of our football. Instead we ended up sighting any out of contract mediocre spl player on wages we can ill afford. I backed him then thinking we are we are and it'll get better. But it didn't. It's getting worse. I feel worse about our club now than I did when we found out we would be in the 3rd division.

the swansea example of how they made up the leagues in england was one we should have taken inspiration from but sadly it didn't work out that way

People voting for him to stay MUST be timposters takin' the piss, surely! It's the only logical answer!

Edit: I can see that will probably cause offence to some people, being accused of that, especially given I've only a few posts, so I've amended it slightly...