EatDolphins

538 members have voted

1. 1. The way forward

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just deluded then

you are fucking deluded.you think ally walks, in comes mr fucking stability.and we will be unstoppable ffs.i pay my season ticket, we r in scottish cup, ramsdens cup final, and about to win a title undefeated.you r fucking deluded.we havent played the best football but hey ho.we knew that was going to be the case, mcCoist has had a lot to deal with over 2years and the man can hold his head up high,unlike a few on here.

Honestly, you're one of the most arrogant posters on here. All you do is attack others for having a different opinion than yours, and if you don't manage to force them to agree with your opinion you attack their credibility. Pathetic behaviour. Learn to accept not everyone agrees with you.

well said mate.

I can't see how Ally being the man to take us forward can be up for debate though. Ally is clearly NOT the man to take us forward. The last 2 seasons have proved that. The poll proves that. Surely, it's gotta be a fairly hefty majority of people who don't want him there next season?

What we should be debating is 'How can we get rid of him and the rest?'. Should they do the right thing and resign, being financially secure for the rest of their lives, or should they be sacked. How would we afford to pay them off if we were to sack them though...

Also, just out of curiousity, if this was an open poll, say for example in the newspaper, what percentage of non-Rangers fans do you think would choose either option 2 'Ally stays?', or option 5 'No change?'. I'd estimate about 99% of them! They are loving having him in charge! When are people like you gonna realise he is holding us back?

Also, how many posts do you deem it necessary for me to have before my replies are 'credible' to you?

I'll take the last point first. One post is the answer and I'll treat you as anyone else (as I have before - new posters are a great thing), as long as you don't start throwing around taig allegations when you know very little about the people you're talking about.

Everything is up for debate. It wouldn't be the first time the majority are wrong about something. Just because there is a majority doesn't mean there is no debate. There is a perfectly valid argument to say McCoist should remain. You may not agree with it but please, spare me the 'when are people like you...'. arrogant, dismissive stuff. You are very sure you are right. So am I. Try respecting that other people have a different opinion.

I voted for 'all out' but in reality I meant Ally & the coaching staff and a few of the players.

3 years ago when Ally was given the job I wasn't sure he had it in him and within 2 months of our European debacle and the Falkirk league cup game my fears were confirmed.

Since then, I've stick by him (more so probably because of the clubs situation) but now we really need to start thinking about options for the future before this ruins our club.

I don't know if it's the right time to sack him or whether we need to get affairs off the pitch sorted first but if money was no object, we were operating normally with no behind the scenes drama and I was in charge, I would be seriously looking at replacing the entire coaching staff over the next couple of months to allow time to work on a side at least capable of remaining in the Championship next season.

In terms of players I would keep 8 of the current crop ; Daly, Templeton, Shiels, Clark, Macleod, Black, Law and Wallace - the rest I honestly couldn't care less about - and I'd start to build a squad around them, having a new scouting system in place keeping an eye on the lower leagues of Scottish & English football.

Having said that, regardless of what happens if Ally stays or goes the above players really need to start getting their heads down and working hard, accepting responsibility for performances and leading the team forward - we're talking about a group that have a wealth of SPL and Scottish Cup experience with the majority in their late 20s - early 30s.

It's not good enough from either end and both coaches and players need to quickly realise that this is Rangers - expectations are high (and rightly so) and efforts need to be improved ten fold right now.

How dare you call the poster a mhank, you don't know him, you silly person.

I know this poster, as we fly up from the South Coast regularly, he is a ST holder, something a lot of posters on here don't, got the same blue blood as the rest of us.

Your assumption has now made you look rather foolish my friend.

Jesus, so many hard of understanding.

I didn't say he was a mhank. He was the one that implied others were mhanks. I said he was more likely to be one (as any of us know) than someone who has 7000 posts. I did not say he was a mhank and I did not suggest he is. There is a subtle difference there which you may not be capable of spotting. I was pointing out to him that he should not be chucking around mhank allegations. I take it you'll be telling your mate the same?

I'm not the one that's made themselves look foolish, my man.

People voting for him to stay MUST be timposters takin' the piss, surely! It's the only logical answer!

Edit: I can see that will probably cause offence to some people, being accused of that, especially given I've only a few posts, so I've amended it slightly...

Why are you going out of your way to be dickish towards Rangers fans, simply for having a different view?

Can we stop the petty shit please. No need for it.

The only petty shit is some people not liking anyone not towing the majority line.

Other than wallace and macleod i wouldnt care if all the players are moved on but who do we replace them with and with what money?

How much compensation would the club have to shell our for sacking the entire coaching staff?

We are not in a financial position to make wholesale changes.

I was of the opinion ally deserved one crack at the top flight with the club in a stable position but since the club wont be he would be better off moving on and leaving our support to overhype another manager before turning on him if he doesnt deliver instant success.

Interesting that the league and cup campaigns could well be over by the time GW announces results of his 120 day review.

would be good time to get new manager and coaches in place - few games thus season and a full close season to prepare for next year

People voting for him to stay MUST be timposters takin' the piss, surely! It's the only logical answer!

Edit: I can see that will probably cause offence to some people, being accused of that, especially given I've only a few posts, so I've amended it slightly...

You should check the forum rules... Sailing close to the wind a bit.

It didn't even need to be as complex as that.

Once we got booted into SD3 it should have been a case of back to the SPL as quickly and as cheaply as possible. A few veterans, a few youngsters and a couple of also rans would have been enough to see us to The Championship in the way that Gretna, Livingston, Alloa and Queen of the South went about achiveing promotions in recent years.

While that was on going the share issue should have been used to improve the infastructure of the club by building a scouting network, improving the youth set and stockpiling money for when we made it back to the SPL. That would have given them three years to get it up and running.

Some will obviously say we would have had issues with selling tickets but as the man who every fan trusts/trusted, McCoist could have come out laid out the vision and almost charmed the more sceptikal fans into buying into it too. Instead we signed a bunch of SPL players on the deals of their lives and talked about winning a domestic trophy which not only raised expectations, it set standards that the current pool are looking like being well short of achieving.

Now we have a load of decent at best SPL players on the deals of their lives, a load of players who are never good enough to play for us on decent length contracts, no scouting network, a reserve/U20 team full of youngsters who are undefeated over close to two seasons (IIRC) and still only one graduate in Macleod who has played anywhere near as many games as they must have expected to get once we were demoted and not a penny of the 20 million share issue left either.

The entire rebuild has been a farce from bottom to top and now we are 18 months away from the SPL with no money, a group of youngsters who have missed out on the best chance they will ever get to play first team football and a team full of players who are nowehere near good enough for the level we need to perform at.

It's just a complete mess really.

That just about sums it up. One of the best posts I've read on RM...

I'll take the last point first. One post is the answer and I'll treat you as anyone else (as I have before - new posters are a great thing), as long as you don't start throwing around taig allegations when you know very little about the people you're talking about.

Everything is up for debate. It wouldn't be the first time the majority are wrong about something. Just because there is a majority doesn't mean there is no debate. There is a perfectly valid argument to say McCoist should remain. You may not agree with it but please, spare me the 'when are people like you...'. arrogant, dismissive stuff. You are very sure you are right. So am I. Try respecting that other people have a different opinion.

Taig allegations are out of order and I apologise.

I do respect your opinion, although it just doesn't seem logical to me that anyone can feasibly think Ally is doing a good job, or even a satisfactory job...

Its doesn't seem possible that we can both be watching the same football matches and have such differing verdicts. But hey, maybe I'm the one whose wrong!

Taig allegations are out of order and I apologise.

I do respect your opinion, although it just doesn't seem logical to me that anyone can feasibly think Ally is doing a good job, or even a satisfactory job...

Its doesn't seem possible that we can both be watching the same football matches and have such differing verdicts. But hey, maybe I'm the one whose wrong!

Accepted and I apologise if I said anything out of order also. (tu)

He made a very good assistant when walter was here , ideally for the club to replace ws we needed a manager who had atleast managed previously at other big clubs . Fact is though ally was the best man for the job given the circumstances off the park he held the place together but now on the park he holds us back interms of long balls , too many back at corners. It fucking breaks my heart that he is not the man to take us back to CL football . We can not afford another year of serving the fans an inferior product .

It didn't even need to be as complex as that.

Once we got booted into SD3 it should have been a case of back to the SPL as quickly and as cheaply as possible. A few veterans, a few youngsters and a couple of also rans would have been enough to see us to The Championship in the way that Gretna, Livingston, Alloa and Queen of the South went about achiveing promotions in recent years.

While that was on going the share issue should have been used to improve the infastructure of the club by building a scouting network, improving the youth set and stockpiling money for when we made it back to the SPL. That would have given them three years to get it up and running.

Some will obviously say we would have had issues with selling tickets but as the man who every fan trusts/trusted, McCoist could have come out laid out the vision and almost charmed the more sceptikal fans into buying into it too. Instead we signed a bunch of SPL players on the deals of their lives and talked about winning a domestic trophy which not only raised expectations, it set standards that the current pool are looking like being well short of achieving.

Now we have a load of decent at best SPL players on the deals of their lives, a load of players who are never good enough to play for us on decent length contracts, no scouting network, a reserve/U20 team full of youngsters who are undefeated over close to two seasons (IIRC) and still only one graduate in Macleod who has played anywhere near as many games as they must have expected to get once we were demoted and not a penny of the 20 million share issue left either.

The entire rebuild has been a farce from bottom to top and now we are 18 months away from the SPL with no money, a group of youngsters who have missed out on the best chance they will ever get to play first team football and a team full of players who are nowehere near good enough for the level we need to perform at.

It's just a complete mess really.

That's a fantastic post