Carry On Ally

TAFKA

Firstly, I think McCoist doesn't have it. However, and to bring some balance to this debate, this was cup football at its best.

Diddly team grab a goal and then hang on for dear life and almost pulled it off. Anyone remember Sunderland v Leeds 73 FA cup final?

Also, we are still holding the same expectations whether it was Advocaat's team or one of Walter's. It's Rangers so we should have just turned up and pasted them yesterday. Just like Man city should have pasted Wigan and possibly the form team in Scotland right now Aberdeen scraping past Dumbarton.

One thing I can say for Ally yesterday was that he had the cahonas to take Daly off and stick Moshni up front. Let's face it, it paid off.

Our manager is not up to it but it also highlights how poor this group of players are.

Yes a root and branch approach maybe needed but so is a whole lot investment. This is nowhere near a proper Rangers team. Look at the names in it. Apart from Wallace and McLeod I wouldn't think anyone of these players would have been remotely considered for a Rangers jersey. We need not just a new manager but a lot of investment or else there are many lean years ahead and ST sales will go steadily down and down complicating the situation.

This isn't the magic of cup football though it's just how we play every week.

Even if we get investment McCoist shouldn't get anywhere near it so there's no point to keeping him.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We have a good squad, we just don't seem to get the best out of them.

Yesterday they played as bad as I have ever seen them. Next season we will be lucky to win the championship if we don't change manger now.

We keep hearing that this team is not a patch on teams we have had in the past. That is a statement of the obvious, but it always misses the point that you should manage and work the players you have to the best of their abilities. Utilise their strengths, develop a way of playing that garners those strengths. Someone tell me, do we see that?

We actually have a lot of very decent players who are just not doing it. They seem lethargic, void of ideas, not working to any discernible plan, lacking in motivation and self belief. A semi decent coaching team would see this and work on it, but I am really starting to get the vibe that the players do not believe in Ally and what is coming out of that is the performances week after week that are frankly not what I believe this squad of players should be capable of delivering.

Imagine we were in the premier league, and had our league record. The players would be walking around like dogs with two cocks. But look at them, they look like they have not one iota of confidence. This lies squarely at the feet of the people running the team. I don't think they respect them and there is no way there are ever going to. I think we are where we are this season in spite of McCoist, not because of him.

We've seen Durrant and McCoist having jolly japes through the years - could you ever see yourself looking up to them like you would a Jock Wallace? Don't think so.

Folk saying we can still win the treble... have you lost your brains?

Rangers have no chance of winning a treble. With Ally leading us we'll get pumped off of Dundee United in the Semi's, if we even get past Albion in the replay, and if by some miracle we managed to beat Dundee United, Aberdeen would pump us.

Fuck the Ramsdens cup might not even happen. Raith could shaft us too.

So if we beat Albion Rovers you want him sacked.

If we beat Dundee Utd you want him sacked.

If we get beat by Raith you want him sacked.

And if we get beat by more than one goal in the final by Aberdeen, who you've decided are already through, you want him sacked.

Not a lot of wiggle room there :ph34r:

I've wanted ally out since December 2011 when we got beat 2-1 by st mirren. His team and tactics that day were horrendous. I started a thread that day and got absolutely slaughtered but I'm glad everyone is now on side albeit 2 and a half years later

I would love nothing more for Rangers than for Ally to turn this round and become a great manager. But that doesnt look like its going to happen. Enough is enough when your at the point you're worrying if Rangers can bear Albion Rovers then anyone can see that enough is enough.

The thing I think we have to remember is that, as much as we were bad today, Albion rovers were atrocious.

Obviously they had their plan but it was about as boner inducing as watching a fighter curl into a ball and hope for a lucky hit.

We all know the Scottish mhedia are full of tripe and take any chance they can get to belittle Rangers so I don't know how we suddenly forget this when they all start going on about Albion playing well etc.

We played terribly but Albion were worse.

I'd have liked to seen the possession in the second half coz at the end of the first it was 70-30, and they had even less of the ball in the second 45.

I'm not saying we should excuse the performance I'm just getting annoyed with everyone making out that we were somehow out classed.

You can point to the table and bring out the stats, but all it takes is to watch us play for 90 mins to see how awful we are, it's torture. If simply winning was enough then crowds would be going up, not down.

Thats one of the main reasons I was undecided for so long about the Ally situation, id understand calls for him to be sacked if we were constantly losing games but the stats speak for themselves. If Ally stays I will remain frustrated with our form, but if he goes ill always wonder what could have been which is the worst part of all this.

Thats one of the main reasons I was undecided for so long about the Ally situation, id understand calls for him to be sacked if we were constantly losing games but the stats speak for themselves. If Ally stays I will remain frustrated with our form, but if he goes ill always wonder what could have been which is the worst part of all this.

How mate? Anyone could win games with our resources and level of opposition, our style of play, tactics etc is the way to see if McCoist even has potential as a manager and I just don't see anything.

Agree 100% that Ally should be criticised for the pish performances but the majority of the players should also be blamed.

Also hate this manager had to have a word with players at half time crap, not just for us but any team, why do players need to be retold what to do?

Where they not told already before kick off?

How mate? Anyone could win games with our resources and level of opposition, our style of play, tactics etc is the way to see if McCoist even has potential as a manager and I just don't see anything.

I just feel that things arent as bad as people make it seem. I do believe its not good enough and doubt that Ally is the man for the job, but at the end of the day we're winning games and romping the league, 2 years ago we'd have taken that in a second.

I just feel that things arent as bad as people make it seem. I do believe its not good enough and doubt that Ally is the man for the job, but at the end of the day we're winning games and romping the league, 2 years ago we'd have taken that in a second.

Sorry but I don't see how we can get anywhere if we keep referring back to how we might not have existed etc.

Ally isn't the man for the job so it's wasted years as far as our football development goes, the promotions are guaranteed simply by our superior resources

Albion rovers where not the better side. We were fucking woeful but other than last ditch stuff and a goal caused by big they were fucking awful

Stats wise they weren't the better side clearly but if part timers did dominate us in that way then it would be even more worrying.

Far as I can see they had a game plan and it nearly worked but for a questionable goal, still worked in the sense of keeping them in the cup. We missed chances but it was also a joke how many of our balls in their keeper hoovered up and they seemed to dominate us in the air.

They're awful but all these teams are, if our lot could have shown even half the same commitment as the Albion players then we'd have had few problems.

Thing is we have it in us to demolish these team as we did with Dumfermline in the last round.

However the players clearly don't fear or respect the management team enough since they slack off at every oppertunity it seems

We did it against Airdrie and Stenny earlier in the season, Albion in the Ramsdens as well. We only had about 3 or 4 signings available in most of those matches as well

@stb ive said it yesterday was awful, not good enough and ally should go.

but in no way where rovers the better side. They had a game plan and stuck to it but other than their goal they did nothing of note. IM more annoyed at the shite served up by ally and the players

@stb ive said it yesterday was awful, not good enough and ally should go.

but in no way where rovers the better side. They had a game plan and stuck to it but other than their goal they did nothing of note. IM more annoyed at the shite served up by ally and the players

Aye I know you weren't making excuses mate, all I mean is I think it would be virtually impossible for part timers to be the better side against us in that sense even simply because of fitness etc.

Folk saying we can still win the treble... have you lost your brains?

Rangers have no chance of winning a treble. With Ally leading us we'll get pumped off of Dundee United in the Semi's, if we even get past Albion in the replay, and if by some miracle we managed to beat Dundee United, Aberdeen would pump us.

Fuck the Ramsdens cup might not even happen. Raith could shaft us too.

Agreed, mate.

We've lost the FEAR .

I'll go for BP9 and Gogzy.

(tu) I feel he should be given to the very least the end of the season.

I posted two weeks ago that I believed that he should get a crack at the championship regardless of results in the SC. I refuse to be a hypocrite and change my mind after only a couple of games.

(tu) I feel he should be given to the very least the end of the season.

I posted two weeks ago that I believed that he should get a crack at the championship regardless of results in the SC. I refuse to be a hypocrite and change my mind after only a couple of games.

Even going by that many folk probably said it on the basis that we'd perhaps not manage to beat the SPL sides that we'll inevitably have to face if we get further. Struggling to get past Albion Rovers is another matter