What's 'the plan'?

Creampuff

For those advocating sacking McCoist and the rest of the coaching team, especially those who wouldn't wait until the end of the season. What's the plan?

We're a club who just had to borrow millions of pounds in loans from our shareholders to run the club day-to-day; we sack McCoist and multiple coaches, overhaul the scouting network and hire another coaching team (which will likely require signing on fees and compensation payments to clubs).

How can we afford to do that?

Do we gain anything from sacking a manager in March?

Who would actually take the job?

Would it not make more sense to wait until we were in a financial position to back a new manager rather than just bankrupting ourselves hiring one?

Just a few thoughts.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

This is why I don't think it's the time to replace him.

We can't afford to do it and no other manager is going to come in, wave a magic wand and make all the problems that we have go away.

Long term I don't think McCoist is the man to lead us, but right now isn't the time to replace him either.

Is he not on a yrs rolling contract? I get your points regarding timing etc, however if ge was a true rangers man he would walk. Rangers have made them all very rich men. Id have Billy Davies but sadly i cannot see him coming here. It was jobs for the boys that got us here, i had grave reservations about ally at the beginning. Surely tho there would be tons of applications for THE biggest job in scottish football. I wish the lot of them would resign.. we will get worse under ally and not better.

For those advocating sacking McCoist and the rest of the coaching team, especially those who wouldn't wait until the end of the season. What's the plan?

We're a club who just had to borrow millions of pounds in loans from our shareholders to run the club day-to-day; we sack McCoist and multiple coaches, overhaul the scouting network and hire another coaching team (which will likely require signing on fees and compensation payments to clubs).

Would it not make more sense to wait until we were in a financial position to back a new manager rather than just bankrupting ourselves hiring one?

Just a few thoughts.

Borrow millions ? do you know something I don't, Mr King or is it Mr mini.

Just a few thoughts.

how long do we dither and say "aye but its Ally"?

can we afford not to sack him and the coaching staff?

Do we gain from leaving it any longer?

Plenty would take it - and not on Ally/Durrants wages at that.

They are on huge wages - there IS a Return On Investment to back up their dismissal and money men understand RoI at least.

Usually on FM, if the manager gets sacked there is a slight improvement in results.

As most of the critics' expereince are based on FM, that is what they would expect, the 3 draws this season would be converted into wins. (tu)

If it was you or me who have won every game and only drawn 3 theres no way any of us would walk..

All this "if he was a rangers man" patter is utter tripe.

Ally is not the man to take us to the top. But at the moment there is no sense in making a sharp change.

Line up someone for sure. Remove the assistant coaches and integrate the new coach into the management team to allow Ally to stand down with dignity to another role within the club.

If we didnt have to pay him and his mates a small fortune then now would be perfect.

Quite simply have the job open to applications..you would be suprised at the level of interest. Dont forget even what Ally is on just now is at the top end of what a championship manager gets. Quite staggering I know however I think we could attract a real proven manager with contacts in a very good league.

We have yet to reep the damage Ally is doing..thats in the post.

If we didnt have to pay him and his mates a small fortune then now would be perfect.

Quite simply have the job open to applications..you would be suprised at the level of interest. Dont forget even what Ally is on just now is at the top end of what a championship manager gets. Quite staggering I know however I think we could attract a real proven manager with contacts in a very good league.

We have yet to reep the damage Ally is doing..thats in the post.

Ewe reep watt ewe sew

Would be interesting to see how a new manager and coaching staff would go about breaking teams down at this level with the players at their disposal.

Have Aird crossing the ball into the box for the big men to get their heads on?

Long balls up to Daly to lay off to Temps or Law?

Temps, Shiels, Black and Macleod passing through the defence to play in the forwards?

Or is Ally just not getting the best out of the players we have?

I say I would give him to the end of season, I love the guy but I question his management abilities I have always been pro ally but this is the first time I feel we are going backwards and ally recent comments just leave me speechless. The money our coaching staff is receiving I would expect a better return I also think others out their would jump at the chance to manage Rangers. Ally is not bigger than the club but it looks as if that is the case.

As it does with most things at the Club these days it might yet boil down to money. When you take the combined salaries and benefits of the Manager and coaching staff and ask yourself who could you get to replace them for a lot less? By 'a lot' I mean serious tens of thousands less - maybe even a six figure sum less) ....... and still be confident that the replacements would be endorsed by enough of the Support and investors and that they would do the job of getting back to the top flight at the end of next season and do it with the reduced player budget and do it with substantially the same or a weaker squad (depending on who is sold in the summer transfer window). If the Board concluded that there was a cheaper dream team they could get who could do this then maybe the balance of probability would shift to that being made to happen. But if the balance of probability was not decisive enough then in 'stick or twist' terms you'd stick no matter how uncomfortable the recent performances and no matter how dull the prospects might look right now of ever being competitive again in the top league with the approach we currently seem to have of failing to get the very best out of players on a consistent basis. Nice position for the Manager and coaches to be in - heads they win tails the don't lose. Wonder if it might make a difference to freshen up the coaching staff as well as finding a chief scout and implementing a scouting system (btw must be nearly a year now since we've been without any scouting system and that may be more of a disgrace than all the money-talk. A seemingly endless discussion about it without any notion of actually doing something?!?)

Well Ally & the coaching staff are on a one year rolling contract; the club wouldn't even need to sack him, they just let the contracts run out at the end of the season, bye bye McCoist and his merry men.

And I'm sure whatever is being used to pay his £800k a year, could be used to paying a new manager & coaching staff, as well as compensation to whatever club we get said manager and coaching team from.

Just a few thoughts.

Who would want a club that sacked a manager who had only one loss and 3 draws at this point in the season - very few managers have to deliver against the need to win every game - lose a few games as the Dundee United or Aberdeen manager - it's expected - drop 2 points at Rangers it's a catastrophe, never mind a loss. that's why it ain't so easy being the Rangers manager!