What's 'the plan'?

Creampuff

Well Ally & the coaching staff are on a one year rolling contract; the club wouldn't even need to sack him, they just let the contracts run out at the end of the season, bye bye McCoist and his merry men.

A rolling contract does not have a defined end date and means McCoist always has one year on his deal. If he were to leave the club, Rangers would have to pay him 12 months' salary.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Aint gonny happen guys, yes the football lately has been well patchy and below par but this IMHO is a shared responsibility, the players need to take a fair bit of stick also, is it really Allys fault when Temps jinks by a couple of defenders then decides to fire over the bar rather than cross, or big Jon yesterday, that miss fuck, yes Ally has a shared responsibility to come up with game changing Ideas, in that yesterday ( the goal apart ) he failed miserably but sacking him or him leaving IMO is not the answer, I know its not popular but for me I am going to continue to back Ally. looking forward to the party on wednesday, come on guys it could have been worse, we could be out :thumbup:

ON THE ROAD TO AN INCREDIBLE TREBLE LOYAL :7325:

This is why I don't think it's the time to replace him.

We can't afford to do it and no other manager is going to come in, wave a magic wand and make all the problems that we have go away.

Long term I don't think McCoist is the man to lead us, but right now isn't the time to replace him either.

A fair summation.

So rather than McCoist's management actually being any good we should keep him because of off the field stuff yet again and because there's isn't a guaranteed replacement lined up?

Sorry, not for me

So you want us to spend money we dont have on a whole new coaching staff who may or may not improve performances?

Getting rid now would involve payoffs etc. and any new manager is gonna require a transfer budget to work from, things we don't really have right now.

So you want us to spend money we dont have on a whole new coaching staff who may or may not improve performances?

Getting rid now would involve payoffs etc. and any new manager is gonna require a transfer budget to work from, things we don't really have right now.

We'll also lose money with fans staying away from this horrid football, so it's hardly as simple as all that

At the moment I'm going to support McCoist, same as I'll support the players on the pitch. I'm not happy with the players, coaches or management just now, but I'll still support them until they leave. Being negative towards players during a game is not constructive, very few players react well to that kind of thing. Being negative toward a regime because people want change is also silly when there is no plan in place to make things better.

If a plan is in place, which supports the financial and sporting requirements required then fair enough, I'll voice my opinion to help enact change, until then I will support everyone involved because this type of negativity is damaging and only aggravates the situation.

If folk cant see the empty seats in the stadium growing each week then they are blind.

Ally's Rangers are turning fans away.

Folk like you are turning fans away from fansites, you've been trying to brainwash people into agreeing with your opinion and your opinion only for months now, and a lot of people are getting sick of it. We get it, we understand your hatred for McCoist the manager. No need to repeat it in almost every post you make.

Folk like you are turning fans away from fansites, you've been trying to brainwash people into agreeing with your opinion and your opinion only for months now, and a lot of people are getting sick of it. We get it, we understand your hatred for McCoist the manager. No need to repeat it in almost every post you make.

:lol:

Shut up ya balloon.

If you don't like the comments on here away and log out.

Our club is again in turmoil, we have so called fans, calling for the withholding of season ticket money, which could (if enough of them do it) send the club back into Administration.

We as supporters do not know which way to turn with regards to who we believe.

The one person I do trust at the club is the Manager, and it would be absolutely suicidal to get rid of him at this time, regardless of some of the performances, some people have to remember that we are probably the only team in Europe who have not lost a league game this season.

Sadly that's what you don't do, you're just like a wee moaning lassie trying to get everyone to side with you by saying the same thing over and over again.

I don't need folk to side with me, the majority of Rangers fans are in agreement with me.

It's wee goons like you who can't take their heads out the sand long enough to see our manager is a joke that is holding us back.

"Aye but super Ally scores aw the goals so he diz"....

:lol:

Wake the fuck up.

So rather than McCoist's management actually being any good we should keep him because of off the field stuff yet again and because there's isn't a guaranteed replacement lined up?

Sorry, not for me

What is it about those calling for Ally's head and a complete inability to actually read what I write?

I'm saying that we can't replace Ally now, because we don't have the funds, stability, or stature to bring in anyone better.

No manager worth his salt would take the job if we sacked McCoist.

Attendance's aren't dropping because of the level of football. They're dropping because we're 25 odd points clear at the top of the table. Fans don't want to watch meaningless games.

Pish.

Every game then is meaningless as the title was won before a ball was kicked.

Pish.

Every game then is meaningless as the title was won before a ball was kicked.

It's a fact across football that attendances drop when the title is sewn up. Being heavily fancied favourites is one thing but being in a position where losing every match would have no consequence is another.

To blame Ally for some things is fair. To blame him for falling attendances when we're

20+ points clear is just ridiculous.

For those advocating sacking McCoist and the rest of the coaching team, especially those who wouldn't wait until the end of the season. What's the plan?

We're a club who just had to borrow millions of pounds in loans from our shareholders to run the club day-to-day; we sack McCoist and multiple coaches, overhaul the scouting network and hire another coaching team (which will likely require signing on fees and compensation payments to clubs).

How can we afford to do that?

Do we gain anything from sacking a manager in March?

Who would actually take the job?

Would it not make more sense to wait until we were in a financial position to back a new manager rather than just bankrupting ourselves hiring one?

Just a few thoughts.

Arguably he already cost us the CL money pre admin.

If we wait and don't win the league next season how much will that cost ?

If he stays do we want to let him buy players ?

The question is not can we afford to sack him and his coaches. It is can we afford not to ?

To blame Ally for some things is fair. To blame him for falling attendances when we're

20+ points clear is just ridiculous.

No it's not.

I have spoken to around 12 bears this weekend who have said they wont be back till he's gone. It's nothing to do with the league being won as it was won on day one unless you are a mentalist.

We must be sitting in different stadiums if you can't see his shite management is not keeping the punters away.

Attendance's aren't dropping because of the level of football. They're dropping because we're 25 odd points clear at the top of the table. Fans don't want to watch meaningless games.

come on AC, you trying to tell me that the 3rd home game of the season meant something in a league that we were always going to canter

fact is there is simply no enjoyment of going to ibrox the now, how can a parent convince their young kids to sit in freezing baltic weather and watch that fucking shite, thats 3 seats empty because we cannot offer any excitement against bloody part timers

As for "the plan" i would change ally, let him win the league, say thank you for the work he has done and move him on or to PR man or whatever, speculate to accumulate, pay for a new gaffer and give him the last remaining league games to see the squad and give him full control over who to bin and keep

if we take this squad and management team into the championship i am not convinced we would finish first, and i wouldnt give ally another fucking penny for squad wages because he has wasted the budget he has been offered already

No it's not.

I have spoken to around 12 bears this weekend who have said they wont be back till he's gone. It's nothing to do with the league being won as it was won on day one unless you are a mentalist.

We must be sitting in different stadiums if you can't see his shite management is not keeping the punters away.

You're taking symptoms and implying cause.

Attendances were always going to drop because they were starting off at a higher level than when we were in the SPL.

What is it about those calling for Ally's head and a complete inability to actually read what I write?

I'm saying that we can't replace Ally now, because we don't have the funds, stability, or stature to bring in anyone better.

No manager worth his salt would take the job if we sacked McCoist.

Well Billy Davies for one has always said he'd jump at the chance whatever our level

You're taking symptoms and implying cause.

Attendances were always going to drop because they were starting off at a higher level than when we were in the SPL.

drop is one thing if fans simply say "we couldnt be arsed, weather this blah blah blah"

But surely even you must see the growing discontent in the fanbase with how mccoist is running our team

Can't afford to......

Can't afford NOT to.......

That's some dilemma.

For those advocating sacking McCoist and the rest of the coaching team, especially those who wouldn't wait until the end of the season. What's the plan?

We're a club who just had to borrow millions of pounds in loans from our shareholders to run the club day-to-day; we sack McCoist and multiple coaches, overhaul the scouting network and hire another coaching team (which will likely require signing on fees and compensation payments to clubs).

How can we afford to do that?

Do we gain anything from sacking a manager in March?

Who would actually take the job?

Would it not make more sense to wait until we were in a financial position to back a new manager rather than just bankrupting ourselves hiring one?

Just a few thoughts.

I thought he would just resign to save his dignity. The plan? Carry on pouring money in and accepting the drivel we are being served. That's the plan. Keeps the board nice and happy at least!