Backlash against McCoist.

After the discouraging result with Albion Rovers, Rangers manager Ally McCoist proclaimed, ”The main feeling is relief.”

For many Rangers supporters, it was a feeling of anger, bewilderment & disappointment.

The fact that Rangers struggled to a draw, sadly should not have been a surprise as fans have come accustomed to stale performances from the club. The biggest shock to some was that a bold tactical decision by McCoist actually saved the club from absolute catastrophe.

Taking leading goal scorer Jon Daly off for Sebastien Faure caused mini heart attacks all throughout the Rangers world.

McCoist does deserve credit for making a bold move, finally after months & months of safe, conservative decisions – the manager took a risk. His back was against the wall — a loss would have been a disaster that may have eventually cost him his job.

Moving Mohsni up front has been his ‘secret weapon’ that McCoist clearly was saving for the most dire situation. Sunday was about as dire as it has gotten for Rangers – on the pitch at least. It is a decision that worked & ultimately saved Rangers from losing to an Albion Rovers team that currently has the third fewest points in Scotland’s League Two.

Fortunately for McCoist the referee withheld any desire to blow the whistle on Mohsni’s goal, which came from a collision with the Rovers goalie. It was a 50/50 call & if this match was anywhere but Ibrox you wonder if the ref would have ruled the same.

Bilel Mohsni’s goal kept Rangers Scottish Cup dreams alive…but detractors of Ally McCoist have hit a breaking point.

On Facebook, the Ibrox Loyal moderator voiced his despair to 21,000+ followers. He wrote, “For me today was the last straw, I honestly can no longer take watching the ‘style’ of football our team plays under Ally McCoist, sitting biting yer nails at the prospect of being dumped out of a Quarter Final, by one of the lowest ranked teams in Scotland, Albion Rovers, is a position no Rangers fan should find themselves in, yet today we all were, and we had to settle for a replay?”

“Expectations at Rangers are high, and they always will be, and for me, not just this season, but also last season; Ally McCoist has not met the standard that is expected from Rangers. I’m also tired of all the ‘But Ally was loyal to us, we should be loyal to him’ – At what cost though? Our Loyalty to Ally McCoist is going to cost us big time, not financially (well maybe financially actually, because he signs pish at high prices) but in the sense that we will never be as big or as successful as we used to be, not under McCoist anyway.”

“So I ask that the club, put Rangers First, and tell McCoist to resign as Rangers manager, to not only save our future, but to save Ally McCoist from the inevitability of being one-day sacked. No one is bigger than Rangers – That includes Ally McCoist.”

Strong words indeed that stirred the emotions of any Rangers supporter.

Additionally, the Twitterverse housed hour upon hour of exasperated discourse regarding one of Rangers’ greatest legends.

Normally, it is advisable to take fury on social media with a grain of salt as it is often the home of many brave keyboard analysts that breed negativity. However, it is becoming more & more apparent that Ally McCoist may not be best suited as manager for Rangers.

If one looks solely at the numbers amassed by Rangers this season – detractors look reactionary & out of touch with reality. The club has only one loss all season & none in the league. They have an ungodly 23 point lead over second place Dunfermline & their goal difference is +70.

However, watching Rangers struggle week in, week out to play cohesive, directed, exciting football against part-timers has been frustrating. Rangers have become boring to watch at times as the manager sends the same eleven out on the pitch to the same dreary results week after week. This is not a new issue & has largely plagued the team since the beginning of 2014 as outlined by Jonny McFarlane in a post published by Rangers Report last month.

It can not be overlooked that much of the blame must also be placed on players like Nicky Law, Jon Daly, Lee Wallace, Ian Black, & Dean Shiels. Players with Premier League experience, players who completely failed to leave an imprint on the most important match of the season for the club, the manager, & most importantly the fans.

Link to the article: http://therangersrep...t-ally-mccoist/

Cant argue with that. Yesterday was a watershed moment for Allys managerial career, i think the writing is firmly on the wall for him now and with supporters not just on forums or FB but where it matters at Ibrox turning away in disgust i hope Ally sees this swallows his pride and his WDDWA mantra (perfect for Feb 2012 not so great for him now) and resigns. He will always be a legend to me i cannot and will not allow his managerial spell to destroy my love for Super Ally but he is turning into a parody of his former glory's and that must hurt him badly.

Someone posted they hadn't felt this bad or they feel worse than since we were demoted ot the third division and I share that view.

At leas then we had the hope of changing our ways with overspending and implememnting a style of football that would attract a new generation of bears.

What we saw yesterday was utterly pathetic and it's the story of McCoists tenure thus far.

Someone posted they hadn't felt this bad or they feel worse than since we were demoted ot the third division and I share that view.

At leas then we had the hope of changing our ways with overspending and implememnting a style of football that would attract a new generation of bears.

What we saw yesterday was utterly pathetic and it's the story of McCoists tenure thus far.

I was hopeful of big changes when we got put into the 3rd Division, not just in the way the club was run, but how the team played football, was looking ahead to McCoist bringing in youth players, setting up better scouting systems, and by the time we got back to the Scottish Premiership we'd have an experienced young team that could challenge Celtic, Aberdeen, Dundee United & more importantly challenge in Europe.

Ally's style of management ruined that, and i have to agree, yesterday's result made me more angrier/upset than when we went into the 3rd Division,

Been dismal since the 2-1 defeat to Peterhead game for me. I was at the game worried sick over the long term future of the club, non stop long balls and Kal Naismith ballooning every shot into the stand.

After the discouraging result with Albion Rovers, Rangers manager Ally McCoist proclaimed, ”The main feeling is relief.”

For many Rangers supporters, it was a feeling of anger, bewilderment & disappointment.

The fact that Rangers struggled to a draw, sadly should not have been a surprise as fans have come accustomed to stale performances from the club. The biggest shock to some was that a bold tactical decision by McCoist actually saved the club from absolute catastrophe.

Taking leading goal scorer Jon Daly off for Sebastien Faure caused mini heart attacks all throughout the Rangers world.

McCoist does deserve credit for making a bold move, finally after months & months of safe, conservative decisions – the manager took a risk. His back was against the wall — a loss would have been a disaster that may have eventually cost him his job.

Moving Mohsni up front has been his ‘secret weapon’ that McCoist clearly was saving for the most dire situation. Sunday was about as dire as it has gotten for Rangers – on the pitch at least. It is a decision that worked & ultimately saved Rangers from losing to an Albion Rovers team that currently has the third fewest points in Scotland’s League Two.

Fortunately for McCoist the referee withheld any desire to blow the whistle on Mohsni’s goal, which came from a collision with the Rovers goalie. It was a 50/50 call & if this match was anywhere but Ibrox you wonder if the ref would have ruled the same.

Bilel Mohsni’s goal kept Rangers Scottish Cup dreams alive…but detractors of Ally McCoist have hit a breaking point.

On Facebook, the Ibrox Loyal moderator voiced his despair to 21,000+ followers. He wrote, “For me today was the last straw, I honestly can no longer take watching the ‘style’ of football our team plays under Ally McCoist, sitting biting yer nails at the prospect of being dumped out of a Quarter Final, by one of the lowest ranked teams in Scotland, Albion Rovers, is a position no Rangers fan should find themselves in, yet today we all were, and we had to settle for a replay?”

“Expectations at Rangers are high, and they always will be, and for me, not just this season, but also last season; Ally McCoist has not met the standard that is expected from Rangers. I’m also tired of all the ‘But Ally was loyal to us, we should be loyal to him’ – At what cost though? Our Loyalty to Ally McCoist is going to cost us big time, not financially (well maybe financially actually, because he signs pish at high prices) but in the sense that we will never be as big or as successful as we used to be, not under McCoist anyway.”

“So I ask that the club, put Rangers First, and tell McCoist to resign as Rangers manager, to not only save our future, but to save Ally McCoist from the inevitability of being one-day sacked. No one is bigger than Rangers – That includes Ally McCoist.”

Additionally, the Twitterverse housed hour upon hour of exasperated discourse regarding one of Rangers’ greatest legends.

Normally, it is advisable to take fury on social media with a grain of salt as it is often the home of many brave keyboard analysts that breed negativity. However, it is becoming more & more apparent that Ally McCoist may not be best suited as manager for Rangers.

If one looks solely at the numbers amassed by Rangers this season – detractors look reactionary & out of touch with reality. The club has only one loss all season & none in the league. They have an ungodly 23 point lead over second place Dunfermline & their goal difference is +70.

However, watching Rangers struggle week in, week out to play cohesive, directed, exciting football against part-timers has been frustrating. Rangers have become boring to watch at times as the manager sends the same eleven out on the pitch to the same dreary results week after week. This is not a new issue & has largely plagued the team since the beginning of 2014 as outlined by Jonny McFarlane in a post published by Rangers Report last month.

It can not be overlooked that much of the blame must also be placed on players like Nicky Law, Jon Daly, Lee Wallace, Ian Black, & Dean Shiels. Players with Premier League experience, players who completely failed to leave an imprint on the most important match of the season for the club, the manager, & most importantly the fans.

How many threads have you started since yesterday ? WATP

Agree 2 years wasted under his management. We can't afford to let it be 3 years.

How many threads have you started since yesterday ? WATP

A bit unfair that Lee Wallace was named and shamed tbh. Being listed with. Daly, Law and black is unfair IMO

Thought that at first too when I read this; but then I thought about it, Wallace was fairly quiet in yesterday's match, and didn't show the same level of ability he has in recent games, before we've hailed him as a game changer. Yesterday Wallace was obvious - Pass to Templeton, Templeton passes back to Wallace, Wallace back to templeton, Templeton tries a worldie, fucks it.

Oh good - lets publish All bashing blogs to supplement the Ally threads - grea idea - time to publish my postive topics again.