My assessment. Disagree if you want, but tell us why to disagree.

Gooseman

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In the survey that Wallace emailed to everyone I said that we have to adopt the ajax academy approach and I mean we have to copy if in every aspect, we have the best training facilities in the country and the they are not being used anywhere near what they were designed for. I feel that if we adopt a system that is proven to work and can generate new players and streams of revenue that can only be a good thing. Of course not all the players that come through the ajax academy will be good enough to play for ajax but they are still valuable and would grace the first teams of most sides.... We have to have a system like thisin pl ace. It's not going to be McCoist that gets this off the ground it has to be the board.... But let's not open that can of worms.

Sack a manager that has lost one game this season - nope I don't think we would sack any manager with that record!

We sacked Scot Symon when we were top of the league (undefeated) and only having lost 1 game (to them) in the league cup. He was sacked because the board realised we needed a change of managerial outlook.

put it this wage, alex mcleish was given a wage bill of 15million to spend on the squad (by the end of his tenure), he was told to win the SPL and get us to the champions league, celtic at the time were spending over 20million on wages (give or take) and who knows what our champions league rivals such as Inter, Porto, Man United etc were spending

mccoist is given 40% of what eck got to simply win part time leagues who's biggest spenders probably amount to half a million a year at best

And yet some think mccoist has had it worse than any other rangers manager, :lol:

In the survey that Wallace emailed to everyone I said that we have to adopt the ajax academy approach and I mean we have to copy if in every aspect, we have the best training facilities in the country and the they are not being used anywhere near what they were designed for. I feel that if we adopt a system that is proven to work and can generate new players and streams of revenue that can only be a good thing. Of course not all the players that come through the ajax academy will be good enough to play for ajax but they are still valuable and would grace the first teams of most sides.... We have to have a system like thisin pl ace. It's not going to be McCoist that gets this off the ground it has to be the board.... But let's not open that can of worms.

you do realise that we have had many youngsters that mccoist simply refuses to play over journeymen that will never be good enough

We could produce a new messi every month from Auchenhowie and jon daly would still get 90 minutes over him, i sincerely hope we do nothing of the sort regarding an ajaz academy while mccoist is in charge because he would simply waste any good talents we produce (see lewis "i was shit hot in centre mid so got shunted wide left to accomodate my gaffers pals" macleod)

We sacked Scot Symon when we were top of the league (undefeated) and only having lost 1 game (to them) in the league cup. He was sacked because the board realised we needed a change of managerial outlook.

And Symon was a better manager than Ally will ever be.

The fairytales are coming thick and fast. :lol:

Ive said it before and I'll say it again

You are a fucking celtic fan

You love when we have boardroom drama and you love when we argue about McCoist

I don't give a fuck what admin say about this post, you are either an east ender or you act like one

Ive said it before and I'll say it again

You are a fucking celtic fan

You love when we have boardroom drama and you love when we argue about McCoist

I don't give a fuck what admin say about this post, you are either an east ender or you act like one

why would a tarrier want rid of mccoist when they openly want him to stay at our club

Have a word with yourself ffs

why would a tarrier want rid of mccoist when they openly want him to stay at our club

Have a word with yourself ffs

To be fair, Sellick fans would want Ally to stay as he is making us play awfully. If Sellick fans I know overhear me talking about how bad Ally is they love it, they love that we think he's awful so therefore they wouldn't want a better replacement.

One day we will know the real reason for that disgraceful sacking!

To be fair, Sellick fans would want Ally to stay as he is making us play awfully. If Sellick fans I know overhear me talking about how bad Ally is they love it, they love that we think he's awful so therefore they wouldn't want a better replacement.

I have a funny feeling that if you polled Celtic fans the majority would love him yo stay. Only have contact with one at work, and he would love to plays us just now, so would Aberdeen fans, and that is saying something.

Are you seriously telling me that after the last 2 and 3 quarter seasons anybody else wouldn't have been sacked long before now?

Absolutely.

I have a funny feeling that if you polled Celtic fans the majority would love him yo stay. Only have contact with one at work, and he would love to plays us just now, so would Aberdeen fans, and that is saying something.

You find it surprising that Aberdeen and sellic would want to play us when we are weaker than normal?

In the lower leagues I think McCoist has a very little expectation on him, the team will win the titles it’s just a matter of how soon. The real test will come once we have some stronger opposition, next season we will have hearts Dundee Dunfermline etc, and this is looking to be more exciting that the Scottish premiership. Then we will see how far we have progresses and if McCoist is still at the helm we will see if he has what it takes.

While I genuinely think that McCoist is doing a good job, ie winning the games and leagues to get to the top division, I do concede that he has been tactically lacking. But the point of my post was to get some debate about the team. I think that McInnis is tactically superior, but he was a midfield player and would naturally be more tactically astute. I try to base my posts on reasoned arguments instead of the stupid comments and abuse. I won’t always be right but I am open to the idea of changing my opinion if someone can present a structures point. Right now I am doing a Psychology degree and as a social science it teaches you to look at both sides of the argument and to compare them to draw a reasoned and objective conclusion.

I was banned from Follow Follow for this!!!!

They hate Psychology degree students in there, also Psychiatrists, and also Psychics.

They're more into a Psycho, Pseudo, style of debate over there, and tend to steer clear of any Psychoanalitic remediies for their troubles...... I believe. :7325:

You find it surprising that Aberdeen and sellic would want to play us when we are weaker than normal?

Celtic fair enough, but we should have a better team than Aberdeen with the money we are spending, fact is we dont, we ate miles off if them.

Yes I disagree

The idea that he is the first manager forced to work under constraints is fair enough but he is also the first Rangers manager to have to play virtual pub teams to win the league.Yes he has won the league at a canter but to put it into perspective QOTS won the exact same league last year by 25 points with resources a fraction of what he has at his disposal.

Let us not forget he was responsible for signing some of the worst player s ever to grace our doorstep and his lack of tactical awareness is painful to see. The level of "good football" we are forced to endure week after week is frankly appalling.

People have to get away from the idea that questioning his ability to manage automatically means you hate the guy or have forgotten his massive contribution to the club.

this, well said

Think its more about the future. I cant see us suddenly playing better stuff as we move up to the top league. If we cant play good football against part timers then we certainly arent going to against full time professionals.

Pretty much sums up my thoughts.