My assessment. Disagree if you want, but tell us why to disagree.

Gooseman

Pish, most gaffers would never have been asked back after administration, ally lucked in with his "we dont do walking away" quote, for 800k a year no fucking wonder he didnt walk away

I disagree with your brand of pish. (tu)

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Celtic fair enough, but we should have a better team than Aberdeen with the money we are spending, fact is we dont, we ate miles off if them.

Should we? We have to overpay our players drastically for them to come down here. We don't get value for money.

Absolutely.

Nonsense, we got rid of Le Guen after half a season. You are only fooling yourself if you think anyone else wouldn't be gone long before now. Only Ally's legend status has kept him in the job and the fact he knows the board can't sack him at present. Most fans I have spoken to want him to go.

Nonsense, we got rid of Le Guen after half a season. You are only fooling yourself if you think anyone else wouldn't be gone long before now. Only Ally's legend status has kept him in the job and the fact he knows the board can't sack him at present. Most fans I have spoken to want him to go.

If most fans want him gone, then why can't the board sack him?

If most fans want him gone, then why can't the board sack him?

I can only think it is due to:

A possible backlash from the minority who want him to stay. Also from those who don't rate him as manager but want him to stay on behind the scenes at Ibrox because they trust him as if he knows what goes on in the boardroom.

I am fooling myself about nothing. Don't be so arrogant as to think that anyone that does not hold the opinion you do are fooling themselves. I've given plenty of justification for my stance. Le Guen was a different matter entirely. Although I have to say, at the time I thought he deserved a longer shot at it.

Le Guen should probably have been given more time. That he has hardly set the football management world alight since his departure.

Many fans I speak to want Ally to be given longer. I think what we are all agreed on is that this issue has the fans polarized and the only winners are our enemies.

The polarization of fans opinions is made worse on internet forums with obsessive trolls posting anti-Ally threads on a daily basis.

I may not agree with Ally's football ethos or think he will be a long-term manager but as long as he is managing my club he will have my support.

I am fooling myself about nothing. Don't be so arrogant as to think that anyone that does not hold the opinion you do are fooling themselves. I've given plenty of justification for my stance. Le Guen was a different matter entirely. Although I have to say, at the time I thought he deserved a longer shot at it.

But it isn't just my opinion. I don't know one fan who thinks Ally should stay in the job. Every Bear I've spoken to thinks he should go.

Nice to see another perspective-one which displays some gratitude.

That is a bit harsh.

I think everyone wanted Ally to succeed. He is well respected and a legend at the club.

However it is just not happening.

I could have got us this far.

He has bought poor players for huge expense. They lack motivation and perform poorly.

He excuses poor performances rather than kicking their ass.

We won't come back from behind against better clubs.

The turgid football, the lack of being able to influence matches and unwillingness to change does not bode well for the future

But it isn't just my opinion. I don't know one fan who thinks Ally should stay in the job. Every Bear I've spoken to thinks he should go.

I only give my opinion and I don't base it on what everyone else thinks, so it doesn't really matter to me what Bears you have spoken to think. It wouldn't be the first time the masses are wrong about something anyway. It's really irrelevant to the point I was making in regards to accusing anyone who doesn't agree with you that they are fooling themselves.

We appointed a manager with no experience of managing. The only time we have done that in the past it was an abject failure. We never learn. Some succeed, some fail - even without the experience. But without it, the odds are radically increased that it will turn out badly.

Given what happened to us recently (not Ally fault obviously) except for the "we dont do walking away" bit - which was probably exactly what was needed at the time - he has ended up the wrong man in the wrong place at the wrong time.

In my opinion he has - and will continue to be - a managerial and financial disaster for the club. His replacement will look back in incredulity at what has been allowed, in terms of finances, footballing goals, football infrastructure and complete waste of resources and time.

We appointed a manager with no experience of managing. The only time we have done that in the past it was an abject failure. We never learn. Some succeed, some fail - even without the experience. But without it, the odds are radically increased that it will turn out badly.

Given what happened to us recently (not Ally fault obviously) except for the "we dont do walking away" bit - which was probably exactly what was needed at the time - he has ended up the wrong man in the wrong place at the wrong time.

In my opinion he has - and will continue to be - a managerial and financial disaster for the club. His replacement will look back in incredulity at what has been allowed, in terms of finances, footballing goals, football infrastructure and complete waste of resources and time.

I thought Souness had a good record with us. ;)

I know you meant John Greig.