Ally McCoist - The Coach

ZeGowse

Sorry if this is common knowledge already but I cant seem to recall the correct answer. Has McCoist acquired his coaching badges? As far as I am aware on retiring from professional football he went into the media and entertainment side of things with TV. I recall him being brought in as a coach by Walter Smith when he was the Scotland manager. At the time he was still on question of sport. Since then he got the assistant job with us and then obviously the managers job. I cannot actually recall whether he has went through the coaching badge process or not. Might explain a lot of things if he hasn't.

Nice to see the level we will drop to for a cheap shot, really?

Care to expand on that? I was trying to find out the facts about his level of coaching before drawing any conclusions. Anything wrong with that?

So now that we've proven he has got his badges, will this mean that he has more experience and education than almost everyone on this forum? Therefore the smart arses can resign from thinking they know it all and have better tactical knowledge than McCoist?

Because remember, the notion that McCoist might not have his badges was being used as proof he doesn't know what he's doing!

It works both ways, not just the one way you want it to.

Always best to listen to someone who has done the business at the highest level;

Shankly never cared for FA coaching badges

"When people ask me my credentials for being a manager or a coach I have one answer... Bill Shankly. They're my qualifications, the way I was born. And that's all the qualifications anyone needs in the game I'm in. I didn't think it was necessary to take an FA coaching course. I didn't think it was going to make me any better. If I take a course am I going to be a better man six days later because I've got a piece of paper? That's nonsense. Chamberlain came back from Germany with a piece of paper.. . the worst ###### piece of paper we've ever had!!

As manager of Liverpool I got two FA Cup winner's medals, three championships and a Second Division championship, one UEFA Cup, three Charity Shields and six Central League winner's medals... that's 16 in 15 seasons.

So I'd like them [FA coaches] to come to my coaching school! I'd have probably failed some of theirs" (tu)

For those who think my post was an Ally bashing post...it wasn't. My opinion was that if he had not yet achieved his coaching badges then perhaps that would explain his apparent lack of tactical knowledge along with the allegedly poor quality training sessions. I for one would like Ally to succeed and become an all time great manager. My initial worry with him is that perhaps he doesn't have the tactical knowledge to succeed, something which I thought may improve by going through the coaching qualification process.

For those who think my post was an Ally bashing post...it wasn't. My opinion was that if he had not yet achieved his coaching badges then perhaps that would explain his apparent lack of tactical knowledge along with the allegedly poor quality training sessions. I for one would like Ally to succeed and become an all time great manager. My initial worry with him is that perhaps he doesn't have the tactical knowledge to succeed, something which I thought may improve by going through the coaching qualification process.

Oh and McCoist being a professional footballer taking part in Training sessions under various managers wont know how to conduct training sessions.

I think your at it or maybe lack the intelligence to post here.