quinty

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm a lover not a fighter. smileys.gif

Fighting's overrated, it's so hard to get a willing participant these days, you're full of hope at first, they talk a good fight, but when you PM them to offer them the chance they invariably shite themselves.

This is a simple wee thread to celebrate our continued success in returning to the top flight. As far as I know, you don't get promoted for winning cups.

But, once the Scottish Cup and Ramsden's Cups are over, I'll gladly post the stats on those (tu)

It's the story so far so why not include the cup results so far?

Why not wait till the leagues over before posting the OP if you are going on the above logic?

Sigh

Because it's about the return to the top flight - that's the league

The clue is in the use of the term 'so far'

As in "You've made an arse of yourself SO FAR", but there's still time to rectify that :thumbup:

So cups results are not part of our journey back to the top flight?

So everything is to be based upon League results only?

Funny that :lol:

Troll on quint

Why dont you collate the same type of data for cup games to give us something to debate.

I don't have the time but I'd wager we have won way more cup games than we have lost.

Why dont you collate the same type of data for cup games to give us something to debate.

I don't have the time but I'd wager we have won way more cup games than we have lost.

I'd say we have won more than we have lost too but I'd also say we have been knocked out of every cup competition we have entered under McCoist thus far.

I'm sure you will find the time to work out the stats though....

that data is not really valid. For example we went out in the league cup this year in round 1 to Forfar. The stats say we lost 1 match. Ongoing we would only ever lose a maximum of 1 match per cup. Cup stats would be valid if we factor in potential matches as well.

Say every cup has 8 rounds (for example) So in the Ramsden we have a record of 8 out of 8, but in the league cup we have a record of 1 out of 8. The total would be 9 wins out of a possible 16.

Saying we won 8 and lost 1 is not a true reflection with cup games.

that data is not really valid. For example we went out in the league cup this year in round 1 to Forfar. The stats say we lost 1 match. Ongoing we would only ever lose a maximum of 1 match per cup. Cup stats would be valid if we factor in potential matches as well.

Say every cup has 8 rounds (for example) So in the Ramsden we have a record of 8 out of 8, but in the league cup we have a record of 1 out of 8. The total would be 9 wins out of a possible 16.

(tu)

Fighting's overrated, it's so hard to get a willing participant these days, you're full of hope at first, they talk a good fight, but when you PM them to offer them the chance they invariably shite themselves.

Do you really PM folk over the internet to organise to meet up and have a square go quinty.... :box: ? Do ya really ? Betcha don't.... :wink:

I'd say we have won more than we have lost too but I'd also say we have been knocked out of every cup competition we have entered under McCoist thus far.

I'm sure you will find the time to work out the stats though....

So this years Scottish and Ramsdens not count then.?

What a load of utter shite. You'd make wiping your arse complicated. (tu)

What a load of utter shite. You'd make wiping your arse complicated. (tu)

ok then you stick with Ally having an 88.89% success rate in those cups this season if that makes you happy :lol:. I'll go with the 56.25% success rate. (tu)

Given we are in the final of one and were out in the first round in the other - I know which one I think is the most reliable indicator of his cup performance.