56 Championship Wins

eejay the dj

Well I suppose it's true in some way. We can only win whatever league we're in.

But i don't think the club officially recognise it and i don't think it counts towards that 6th star. I wish it did so it'd shut that mhob up. If they get 10 in a row then they'll be on level with us unless we start counting these league wins.

but that said...if they do get 10in a row. we'll get 11.

Well I suppose it's true in some way. We can only win whatever league we're in.

But i don't think the club officially recognise it and i don't think it counts towards that 6th star. I wish it did so it'd shut that mhob up. If they get 10 in a row then they'll be on level with us unless we start counting these league wins.

but that said...if they do get 10in a row. we'll get 11.

Doesn't count towards a 6th star, that record is for being champions of scotland so it's top flight titles only.

Some seem to think we shouldn't be celebrating our league win this season because of our resources,in fact some have their mouths full of sour grapes.

I say BOLLOCKS to that.

When Septic win this years tainted title with their huge resources (and us missing)will they celebrate?Damn right they will,as will the mhedia.Wasn't that a forgone conclusion before a ball was kicked too?

"56 times league championship winners

Although maybe we should add the war year titles to that figure."

Totally agree with the above. Folk are arguing over two different achievements one being the record 54 times Scottish champions and the other being 56 league titles, both achievements are worthy of our praise. As other clubs are happy enough to list their achievements for he war years I would happily add the war time titles to the later tally as the games were played, people paid to watch them, and were eager to win the titles gained from them. Soto y thinking it is 54 time Scottish Champions and 63 (?) league titles.

"Some seem to think we shouldn't be celebrating our league win this season because of our resources, in fact some have their mouths full of sour grapes.

I say BOLLOCKS to that.

When Septic win this years tainted title with their huge resources (and us missing)will they celebrate? Damn right they will, as will the mhedia. Wasn't that a forgone conclusion before a ball was kicked too?"

We win it we celebrate. The difference is we won fair, how long they get to celebrate however will be governed by whether or not titles are stripped due to financial doping through state aid via dodgy land and bank deals. The joke is that if they are stripped of titles the very people they used to vote us out will be the ones looking to benefit this time round so they had better watch their backs.

The big question is, do you think the Mhanky Mob would count them. To bloody right they would as they already count war titles.

I know we don't want to act like them because they are scum. However, they have engineered our absence from the top teir of football for three years in order to catch up with our title haul.

So f**k them, 56 it is. I also think we should count our WW2 titles, thus they will never catch us. RTID.

The big question is, do you think the Mhanky Mob would count them. To bloody right they would as they already count war titles.

I know we don't want to act like them because they are scum. However, they have engineered our absence from the top teir of football for three years in order to catch up with our title haul.

So f**k them, 56 it is. I also think we should count our WW2 titles, thus they will never catch us. RTID.

Well no, because they aren't the same championship. Nobody in world football counts lower division titles as full championships.