The standards of Rangers Football Club

GOAT

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We lose over 30 Million worth of talent for virtually fuck all. Have spent money on only one player, and you expect us to have the same standard on the pitch ?

We have set a standard, the first Scottish team to win a league without losing a game since the 1800's. How is that for keeping up standards. AND we didn't pay a transfer fee during that season ....

We lose over 30 Million worth of talent for virtually fuck all. Have spent money on only one player, and you expect us to have the same standard on the pitch ?

That's not what he's saying at all - why do some people misinterpret this all this the time?

surely Rangers class and standatds includes the ability to criticize the manager without the toxic vitriol directed at Mr McCoist?

if you want to see how far our fans have fallen then look no further than the Union of Fannies and their ST boycott. Truly shameful

Tbh I've always heard abuse at Rangers managers and players in the stands, pubs, buses and people's houses since I was wee - it's nothing new - it's a passionate mans game with passionate fans and sometimes people dish it out - so what?

Second part I agree 100%

Tbh I've always heard abuse at Rangers managers and players in the stands, pubs, buses and people's houses since I was wee - it's nothing new - it's a passionate mans game with passionate fans and sometimes people dish it out - so what?

Second part I agree 100%

Is the abuse directed at Ally at games equally vitriolic or is most of it reserved for todays virtual pub, the internet? I remember being critical of White and Greig but never to the levels I witness on RM.

Is the abuse directed at Ally at games equally vitriolic or is most of it reserved for todays virtual pub, the internet? I remember being critical of White and Greig but never to the levels I witness on RM.

Just recently at Ayr United away I heard someone say he's a useless cunt and a waste of skin - exact words and all there was was 2/3 sniggers

Just one example

But your obviously not going to get a que of people behind the dug out all taking turns rhyming off insult after insult in a wee conveyor belt - doesn't work that way

I wouldn't put White and Greig in the same sentence.

But as a Bear that went through Greig and Jock Wallace's second spell ( and they are heroes of mine ) , how long did we keep wishing it would get better ?

It was only when Souness came , that it did.

8 long years !

Standard hasn't dropped too much:

People are unhappy with a manager that secured the league title on the 12th of March, unbeaten up to the point of winning the title.

People are unhappy with a manger that has now won two successive titles with Rangers.

People are unhappy that we managed to draw two of our games in the league.

People are fucking raging that we need to re-play Albion Rovers in the Scottish Cup Quarter Final.

If anyone's letting standards drop it's certainly not the fans, but Ally McCoist himself - The man who think's it is not embarrassing for Rangers to draw against Albion Rovers in the cup quarter final.

Also celebrating the league isn't a drop in standards on Fans parts, if anything it's more celebrating that it's Stage 2 complete and that we're now climbing one more rung up the ladder that is Scottish Football, and getting closer to where we rightfully belong.

If anyone thought this league then I have sympathy for them. The league was a formality exactly the same as the tims division.

Rangers standard isnt built on winning league one. Its about being the best in Scotland and I'll celebrate accordingly when the time arises

As for winning league one? It was a given from july

Just recently at Ayr United away I heard someone say he's a useless cunt and a waste of skin - exact words and all there was was 2/3 sniggers

Just one example

But your obviously not going to get a que of people behind the dug out all taking turns rhyming off insult after insult in a wee conveyor belt - doesn't work that way

so pretty much the way it has been for decades

I wouldn't put White and Greig in the same sentence.

But as a Bear that went through Greig and Jock Wallace's second spell ( and they are heroes of mine ) , how long did we keep wishing it would get better ?

It was only when Souness came , that it did.

8 long years !

put them in the same sentence soley for a comparison on the abuse meter. White could have been a good manager if he only had a backbone. Greig nope sorry.

I think on the field we are doing what Rangers have always done, win! It's not pretty at times but this club is all about success and that's what we are doing. We may have won countless titles but these 3 are arguably more important than any SPL title, our remit is 3 titles out of 3. I don't think we have a plan B if we where to get stuck in one of these leagues that would see us in deep shit IMO. That's huge pressure.

We are also a soap opera, I'm more concerned about folks conduct off the park than the direction if the team on the field, to me that shows how far we've slipped. We were once one of the classiest clubs in world football, today we resemble hollyoaks.

It does just think back to 2008 they werent the greatest of players in That side ,but by God Walter had them fighting and scrapping for every single ball.

Our present Management Team imo cannot seem to motivate/coach some of these guys.

And to hear our Fans bicker, and fight over the Upstairs shit it just takes focus away from the crap that's being churned out.

They are the managers Players he brought them in, and it's his style of unattractive win ugly football that's driving the fans nuts.

There are no excuses, and the fans have got far too involved in all the shit in the backroom ,with the RST RSA BO UB SOS All being used to further the Aims of so called Rangers men.

DK if he Loves the Club that much had his opportunity to purchase us and ,can still do that he just needs to put his hands in his pockets ,then the fans will buy in to his vision.

What's happening now is causing a family rift.

Its all wrong, and sad we cannot focus on football alone, as we have a massive Cup tie coming and we as a support could on our Day strike fear into Any club in the World as proven in 2008, and days gone buy.

If the correct style ,and fight was applied Rangers FC, as proven before are capable of anything against Any opposition ,and yes I agree our Standards in all departments including the political involvement has lowered to an all time low.

Accusations rumours of admin, Lies, threats the behaviour of a section of our Fangroups is disgusting.They know who they are they should take a leaf out of Vanguardbears book ,and consider what withholding cash from the Club would do.

Then again maybe some people should be banned.

Whatever happened to we deserve better?

I think on the field we are doing what Rangers have always done, win! It's not pretty at times but this club is all about success and that's what we are doing. We may have won countless titles but these 3 are arguably more important than any SPL title, our remit is 3 titles out of 3. I don't think we have a plan B if we where to get stuck in one of these leagues that would see us in deep shit IMO. That's huge pressure.

We are also a soap opera, I'm more concerned about folks conduct off the park than the direction if the team on the field, to me that shows how far we've slipped. We were once one of the classiest clubs in world football, today we resemble hollyoaks.

Agree with you mate on our Day we were a juggernaut and that was with a low budget and ordinary players like lafferty and Broadfoot, Whittekar etc.

We are a mess on and off imo.

I know we are winning these Leagues at a canter but it's next season that really worries me with our style of play .

We fans have to unite again.

Well, if you want to be a glory hunter wait until we are back in the top league then.

We are where we are and there is no changing that no matter how much bloggers cry wank.

Yes its not pretty at times and yes our team is inferior to the past but what do we as a support expect? We just won the league un beaten and that isnt good enough, we are 90 mins from a scottish cup semi final and in the final of ramsdens cup. These are our minimum expectations which the players are meeting but they are berated for not exceeding our expectations.

The football at times has been boring but that is not entirely our fault when the opposition stick 10 men in their box for 90 minutes and their hatchet men pummel our creative players with immunity from poor referees.

We did the same during the eufa cup run successfuly, we stifled the games with our backs to the wall and it worked for us against teams such as werder bremen, fiorentina, sporting lisbon, barcelona.

The part timers did it to us but its our superior fitness levels, intelligence and professionalism that has got us through, i would love to see us win 5 nil every week and when you put wages on the table as a comparison the argument is there that we should but its not that simple.

Our opponents will propably never play against rangers again in their careers, it has been their highlight, a dream come true plus we have put every one of their clubs into a financial position they could only dream of.

It hasnt been pretty but it has met minimum expectation for me, with some luck we could end up winning a scottish cup, remember some seasons we failed to win a cup with treble our current wage bill.

Sad times, it really is.

It seems most of the support are happy to let the standards fall going by this thread. Absolutely shocking. We're going to be just another club like the rest of them. :anguish:

Just reading the excuses and counter arguments to the OP shows how easily led some of you are....the excuses and rhetoric ally has used to defend the team and lack of progress over the past few years are getting rolled out on this thread. I'm not saying we shouldn't aknowledge the step forward of winning these leagues but enjoy it for what it is and don't make it into something it's not like the Tims do!

Sad times, it really is.

It seems most of the support are happy to let the standards fall going by this thread. Absolutely shocking. We're going to be just another club like the rest of them. :anguish:

You're just acting like a bit of an arse to be fair.

Standards have not and never will slip with regards to our team. We are just realistic that the players were the best we could get under the extreme circumstances. I'm certainly not happy with some of/majority of their performances this season.

However, for some of the lads in the team, it was their first every title win... and you want us to just ignore that and fuck them off like "why celebrating mate, it's only a shitey league".

I'll back every player who pulls on a Rangers jersey and plays for our great club, through the good and bad times. Your standards are the ones that have slipped, and you only seem to be interested in the glory.

What I don't get is those using the term glory hunter against the OP surely everyone that supports Rangers wants us to be competing at the top level.

And surely it's as much his right to not think as highly as these titles as it is for others to celebrate them..

I really think some perspective is needed. I've said in another post and I'll say it in this, I went OTT in my celebrations mainly though coz phase two is complete AND that we still have a club to watch winning trophies, however it will be sweetest of alm when we are back being the dominant force in Scottish football and that is the standard we should all want.

You're just acting like a bit of an arse to be fair.

Standards have not and never will slip with regards to our team. We are just realistic that the players were the best we could get under the extreme circumstances. I'm certainly not happy with some of/majority of their performances this season.

However, for some of the lads in the team, it was their first every title win... and you want us to just ignore that and fuck them off like "why celebrating mate, it's only a shitey league".

I'll back every player who pulls on a Rangers jersey and plays for our great club, through the good and bad times. Your standards are the ones that have slipped, and you only seem to be interested in the glory.

Glory is what Rangers is all about, sadly some are forgetting that. As I said, we'll be just another club in no time if the fans keep letting the standards slip.