The standards of Rangers Football Club

GOAT

You're just acting like a bit of an arse to be fair.

Standards have not and never will slip with regards to our team. We are just realistic that the players were the best we could get under the extreme circumstances. I'm certainly not happy with some of/majority of their performances this season.

However, for some of the lads in the team, it was their first every title win... and you want us to just ignore that and fuck them off like "why celebrating mate, it's only a shitey league".

I'll back every player who pulls on a Rangers jersey and plays for our great club, through the good and bad times. Your standards are the ones that have slipped, and you only seem to be interested in the glory.

That's all fair enough however the issue comes with some people trying to compare any league wins in the lower leagues to our major achievements in our history!

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glory is what Rangers is all about, sadly some are forgetting that. As I said, we'll be just another club in no time if the fans keep letting the standards slip.

Nobody but you has let the standards slip. We've won what was put in front of us... The fans have been through some of the worst times in our history the last couple of years, and you're choosing to moan about any positivity, away you go.

Rangers will never be "just another club".

If you even think that, you're not a true fan.

You need to wind your neck... I'll celebrate every title win as it marks an achievement made by players, some that are just getting their chances from the youth, some that have come from countries and teams where they've never won a title.... I'll celebrate and show them that I'm proud of what they've done, even if it should have been a certainty from the beginning. I'm happy giving them a bitesize taste of what winning the Premiership will be like...

That's all fair enough however the issue comes with some people trying to compare any league wins in the lower leagues to our major achievements in our history!

That's not what he's saying though... he's just moaning about anyone celebrating the title win. It's fucking disrespectful to the other teams in the league and our younger players and players who've never won a title, just to tell them to shut up and get on with it, nobody cares.

These titles are not and never will be comparable to anything won in the SPL, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't celebrate it. It doesn't mean celebrating it shows that standards have slipped. That's just fucking nonsense.

I haven't seen anyone lower their expected standards of our club ffs.

We're constantly at the team and Ally's throat. Or am i just imagining all these ALLY OOT posts? we have extremely high standards of our club. we have won the league by 20+ points with 8 games remaining, no defeats, 2 draws and we're in a cup final and quarter final (hopefully a semi final by monday night). we could have treble. yet this is not good enough for our fans. aye we've been playing shite and that needs to change but we're actually doing really well despite that.

we the fans will not be happy until we are destroying celtic and playing in europe on a regular basis. even at that to be honest wouldn't be good enough. we want our team to be the best out there. so i don't think some fans would be happy until we won the champions league and were crowned the best team in europe. thats what a rangers fan does. expects the very best from the team/management and if they can't perform then it won't be long till they're out the door.

Nobody but you has let the standards slip. We've won what was put in front of us... The fans have been through some of the worst times in our history the last couple of years, and you're choosing to moan about any positivity, away you go.

You need to wind your neck... I'll celebrate every title win as it marks an achievement made by players, some that are just getting their chances from the youth, some that have come from countries and teams where they've never won a title.... I'll celebrate and show them that I'm proud of what they've done, even if it should have been a certainty from the beginning. I'm happy giving them a bitesize taste of what winning the Premiership will be like...

I think you as well as others have missed the point.

Celebrate away but we had fans starting threads suggesting we shout it from the rooftops etc.

All these statistics being posted as if it was a monumental achievement, it wasn't, it was the minimum expected.

It's not up there with our achievements in the past, that's just romantic pish.

It's a vital step on the way back to the top but it's not like we crawled through it with a youth team, we threw money at both divisions and got what we paid for.

That's not what he's saying though... he's just moaning about anyone celebrating the title win. It's fucking disrespectful to the other teams in the league and our younger players and players who've never won a title, just to tell them to shut up and get on with it, nobody cares.

These titles are not and never will be comparable to anything won in the SPL, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't celebrate it. It doesn't mean celebrating it shows that standards have slipped. That's just fucking nonsense.

I'm not disagreeing with you but just a quick look around the forum will show you that many feel winning these leagues are comparable to our major achievements of the past! I think the celebrations on Wednesday were pitched at the right level.....there was a respect shown to winning the league but I don't think those in attendance (that stayed) or the players went overboard! It's seems it's just the Internet that exaggerates things!

You seem to be under the impression this post was made in regards to celebrating winning a part time league, that's only a small percentage of the issue. Fans still backing a manager who has us playing the worst football in our history against part time players, happy for us to continue to drop the standards even more. Fans happy to let players and McCoist get away with almost crashing out the cup to Albion Rovers. Read the famous Bill Struth speech, and ask yourselves are the standards still there?

Just because we play in a lower league for now, should never mean we drop the standards of Rangers, if anything at times like this they should be upheld even more!

You seem to be under the impression this post was made in regards to celebrating winning a part time league, that's only a small percentage of the issue. Fans still backing a manager who has us playing the worst football in our history against part time players, happy for us to continue to drop the standards even more. Fans happy to let players and McCoist get away with almost crashing out the cup to Albion Rovers. Read the famous Bill Struth speech, and ask yourselves are the standards still there?

Just because we play in a lower league for now, should never mean we drop the standards of Rangers, if anything at times like this they should be upheld even more!

Aye because I remember after it, the majority of Rangers fans were like... don't worry McCoist, it's only the Scottish Cup.... aw wait... there was a barrage of outrage, abuse and calls for him to be sacked/walk.

You're just talking utter pish. A few people are drawing comparisons and you're trying to say the standards of the whole support is slipping.

You're embarrassing, moaning at everything. You need to go get your hole fuck sake.

Well you're letting the standards of the club fall to embarrassing levels going by your replies to this thread, so it's clear to see who the embarrassing one is.

Since this seems to have boiled down to "should we celebrate lesser achievements" I will give my thoughts on that.I would say I fall somewhere between the extremes of: "This was a hard fought battle that should be celebrated" and "This was the predetermined outcome of playing in such a league".

Rangers do have a set standard, I would put that standard as simply nothing more or less than being the best team in Scotland and being able to compete (sadly not always to win, due to the unfortunate lack of the billionaire oil baron owner at the moment) in Europe against the greatest clubs this continent has to offer. These are goals that I believe are obtainable, though I dare say they are to some degree unreasonable*, and are therefore standards that I demand of the club I love.

Unfortunately we are not currently in a position that allows us to achieve these standards thanks to C.U.N.T.S.** and we are, as it is often portrayed, on a journey back to where we belong. Regrettably the journey is not one against mighty adversaries that demand great skill, it is simply one of monotony with a pint of rumor, insults and doubt to wash it down with. But I for one follow The Rangers, I follow them through the monotony, through the insults and the doubt and I will cherish and cheer for every step we take back to where we belong. So yes it was indeed a diddy trophy, yes it was not won with the style that we should expected, However it is also our damn diddy trophy and one that I am more than happy to cheer and sing about it! And shout from the roof tops if need be!

Regardless of what next season brings, be it monotony or quality, I will demand that we lift the trophy and I will cheer again when we do. Though part of the cheering will be to do will being able to say that "We're coming!" and seeing if they welcome the chase as we once did!

tl;dr Being proud and celebrating you're club for having completed a part of the journey does not take you're sight off the end goal and what must be done to get there.

*I say this because I don't believe there is a match in Scotland we should lose. This is the point at which fanaticism crashes headlong into irrationality, it is also a view I am quite content in holding.

** Circumstances of an Unfortunate Nature and Treacherous Scum

My standards for Rangers historically have been that we would win the majority of top league titles, be in both Cup finals every year and be playing European football past December.

I expect us to put out a team of at least 8 or 9 regular internationals at a good level of nation, and to have amongst the best of the talent from other SPL clubs picked up to join our team/squad.

For some reason I have allowed myself to lower those expectations over the last couple of seasons.

Our standards?

Rangers have always had the ability to win ugly under almost every manager I can remember (Dave White being the first one); to win when badly out of form. Is that one of our standards?

The players will try to win whatever competition they are in. Our start point was a squad thrown together over a few days, they won the league they were in. The manager has tried to improve the squad and they have lost one competitive game this season.

The team celebrated winning a league title and moving one step nearer the final goal. Why are they happy, because it has been unpleasant to play in as much as it has been unpleasant to watch.

I some time wonder what people expect, Rangers to play as if we have Cooper, Gazza and Colin Stein in the team? Even if we had these people in the team it, would still have been difficult because being kicked off the ball messes with you football head. Maybe it is the fans standard that have dropped, greeting and moaning that Rangers have won but not with enough style. In the 70s you would have got you balls kicked for moaning about Rangers winning as you would be classed as a Tim.

If you want a Rangers standard: shut your fucking hole with the constant complaining and acting like a Tim. Support your team through the good and the bad, the sublime and the shite is the Rangers way. Defend your club no matter what, is a Rangers fans standard; you might like to learn that one!

It is easy when everything is going your way but you true character is shown in adversity and some have shown the character traits of a Tim in our adversity.

Man Up; stop moaning like Tims.

Our standards?

Rangers have always had the ability to win ugly under almost every manager I can remember (Dave White being the first one); to win when badly out of form. Is that one of our standards?

The players will try to win whatever competition they are in. Our start point was a squad thrown together over a few days, they won the league they were in. The manager has tried to improve the squad and they have lost one competitive game this season.

The team celebrated winning a league title and moving one step nearer the final goal. Why are they happy, because it has been unpleasant to play in as much as it has been unpleasant to watch.

I some time wonder what people expect, Rangers to play as if we have Cooper, Gazza and Colin Stein in the team? Even if we had these people in the team it, would still have been difficult because being kicked off the ball messes with you football head. Maybe it is the fans standard that have dropped, greeting and moaning that Rangers have won but not with enough style. In the 70s you would have got you balls kicked for moaning about Rangers winning as you would be classed as a Tim.

If you want a Rangers standard: shut your fucking hole with the constant complaining and acting like a Tim. Support your team through the good and the bad, the sublime and the shite is the Rangers way. Defend your club no matter what, is a Rangers fans standard; you might like to learn that one!

It is easy when everything is going your way but you true character is shown in adversity and some have shown the character traits of a Tim in our adversity.

Man Up; stop moaning like Tims.

One pile of shite. Accept lower standards or you're a tim? Are you real ya fucken idiot?

It is easy when everything is going your way but you true character is shown in adversity and some have shown the character traits of a Tim in our adversity. you fit this Goat

Well maybe your character traits fits someone who should be following a wee diddy club then? Plenty out there for you to support, so run along.

Keep throwing around Tim accusations and you'll be spending the rest of the day on Do The Bouncy, ZZed.

Sober up.

I said stop ACTING like a Tim. If the cap fits then wear it and some have been acting like Tims. Constant moaning and appear to be unhappy if Rangers win cause McCoist is the manager. By the way you are not Admin or a Mod.

Ps, I hardly drink and I am sober

You only need to read the thread.

Maybe I have missed it Goat, where has anyone said it is comparable to winning the main championship? All that is being said from what I can see is the there are players in our team that have previously won fuck all. We have had a diet of success at the forefront of Scottish, indeed British and European football but that was with teams of players that could play anywhere. Not at this Time do we have that luxury. It is about acceptance until such times that we are rubbing the Tims noses in it and I cannot wait until that day.

Standards will never drop from the fans. Chin up pal 2 or 3 seasons we will be back challenging.