The standards of Rangers Football Club

GOAT

The standards have slipped because we were demoted 3 divisions and had to employ inferior players. Ally McCoist was totally correct when he implied some fans are unrealistic in their expectations and still look at things with the eye of a Rangers fan used to better things.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The standards have slipped because we were demoted 3 divisions and had to employ inferior players. Ally McCoist was totally correct when he implied some fans are unrealistic in their expectations and still look at things with the eye of a Rangers fan used to better things.

Don't disagree but McCoist never said or implied that the fans expectations were/are unrealistic -- another taig media headline that did not match the facts.

Chances are we'll see a lot more standards getting dropped today when some of our support choose to embarrass themselves live on SKY by protesting at the board.

Hang on a minute its ok for you to demand standards of rangers but criticise those who demand more from the current board?

You're a hypocrite goat.

McCoist talks pish and is only making excuses for his own failings

What annoys me goat is some of the players and management think they are doing us a favour being here in this league. The quote thick skin was thrown about this week and it fucking grates on me. We are Rangers we accept nothing other than best. That us why we are the most succesfull club in the world! No one is bigger than Rangers. If u cant take it playing in front of 50k for the best club in the world then fuck off. If i played for Rangers just once i would die the happiest man in the world!

Also goat it's easy watching Rangers on tv. Cause Allys biggest fans dont travel all over Scotland or visit ibrox. Living on a legend status well getting paid hansomely for it.

dot dot dash dash dot dot. I go home and away so wind it cunto the taig is ripping out you.

Does it not pain you to see how far some of our support have let our standards fall in recent times? Just because we're in unfamiliar territories in regards to competitions and the calibre of players we play in and have, does not mean you should ever accept lowering your ambitions of what you expect of Rangers.

The day we all do that, is the day we become just another club.

We have history, traditions and standards, they should always be remembered and used in the present aswell as the future. We're Rangers, don't ever forget that or accept anything less.

It would help if people like you refrained from rubbishing the club every other post

We have been poor to watch lately - everyone agrees on that.

We are not in agreement on what we should deem to be an acceptable standard for Rangers to be be compared against i.e. a historical one or one relating to were we find ourselves now. I would suggest what you deem acceptable in this case is then opinion.

But an area where I believe we have totally slipped as a club is in the way the Manager has snide digs at the Board on a virtual weekly basis, or defends poor performances on the pitch, or spouts rot about "respecting" teams like Albion Rovers. Also the way our Manger is allowing players like Black to come away with the shite he did last week. That to me is one of the shocking aspects of the lack of class we have been showing the last few years. And what about our Captain? I am not talking about footballing ability, but can you compare him to a Gough, Greig, Butcher, Amoruso? You know what I mean?

That is were the club is really letting itself down. And I do not like it at all.

Penny pinching and living within the means of the hedge funds budgets are the order of the day.

Tally ho!

Are you seriously having a go at Rangers for trying to live within it's means? Seriously?!

To answer your first question, unfortunately some of our support regard a certain level of critisism as being normal behavior relatve to their standard of expressing themselves.

Maybe it's just down to ignorance on their behalf and therefore their innocence although still offensive is aceptable to others with a greater understanding possibly resulting in this standard becoming more the 'norm' on this forum.

Having said that, I don't think any well meaning Rangers supporter would acept anything other than the ambition of achieving the ultimate success in any competition we participate in whilst taking into consideration any constrictions imposed outwith the control of the Club.

Some of thess players celebrated their first ever title win.

Some have only had minor succesa at way smaller clubs.

the players and fans were well within their rights to celebrate.

if you dont want to celebrate it thats fine, but leave the guys that celebrated the little success we have had sincewe had the heart ripped right out of us.

I think on the field we are doing what Rangers have always done, win! It's not pretty at times but this club is all about success and that's what we are doing. We may have won countless titles but these 3 are arguably more important than any SPL title, our remit is 3 titles out of 3. I don't think we have a plan B if we where to get stuck in one of these leagues that would see us in deep shit IMO. That's huge pressure.

We are also a soap opera, I'm more concerned about folks conduct off the park than the direction if the team on the field, to me that shows how far we've slipped. We were once one of the classiest clubs in world football, today we resemble hollyoaks.

best post ITT.

Some of thess players celebrated their first ever title win.

Some have only had minor succesa at way smaller clubs.

the players and fans were well within their rights to celebrate.

if you dont want to celebrate it thats fine, but leave the guys that celebrated the little success we have had sincewe had the heart ripped right out of us.

This isn't even about celebrating winning a part time league, it's about so much more than that.

This isn't even about celebrating winning a part time league, it's about so much more than that.

i am only going by your OP goat.

if it was about so much more than that, then you should have posted more.

Does it surprise you that people respond to what you actually type rather than what you mean when you type it?

i am only going by your OP goat.

if it was about so much more than that, then you should have posted more.

Does it surprise you that people respond to what you actually type rather than what you mean when you type it?

I never even mentioned winning League one in the OP...?