Dundee Hibs Request For Semi Final Venue Change Rejected

I've never hoped for cup success as much as I do this year. Every bone in my body is crying out for us to lift the cup this season.

DJ at 16 scoring the winner against the bheasts, the Tom Forsyth final and Barca in '72. I was at each of them and all have very special memories.

Unlikely that even if we make the final that I'll be able to attend but a victory in the final would be oh so sweet - right up there, for me, with the other three finals I listed.

Let it be so.

Same here the whole final day would be spectacular

Tens of thousands of Billy boys walking down London Road from Bridgeton Cross

Sun, beer, facing the sheep, union flags, red hands, red white and blue, singing

I've not looked forward to two games so much since Fiorentina and Zenit and then god knows what before that tbh this might just top it for excitement (Manchester apart)

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same here the whole final day would be spectacular

Tens of thousands of Billy boys walking down London Road from Bridgeton Cross

Sun, beer, facing the sheep, union flags, red hands, red white and blue, singing

I've not looked forward to two games so much since Fiorentina and Zenit and then god knows what before that tbh this might just top it for excitement (Manchester apart)

You'd have loved Barca :mutley:

If we get the sheep in the final I'm looking for a repeat of not the last time we beat them at the phiggery but the time before that, in a semi-final, when we skelped them 6-1 & wee bid got a hat-trick. Must go and look see if that's on you-tube - remember going to that game with my dad.

Hope you get to the final and we skelp whoever we play. :gerbad:

Bump

From BBC:

Rangers hold Cup advantage - Hartson

Rangers will hold a "massive advantage" with their home ground Ibrox hosting the Scottish Cup semi-final against Dundee United, says John Hartson.

The former Celtic striker said it was "unfair" and that Rangers should be in the away dressing room as "that will put the cat amongst the pigeons".

The Scottish FA has refused to move the semi-final to a neutral venue.

However, former Rangers striker Mark Hateley does not believe the last-four clash should be moved.

In October, Ibrox was named as the venue for both semi-finals, with the final to be held at Celtic Park.

Hampden Park is unavailable due to redevelopment work taking place to lay track for the 2014 Commonwealth Games in Glasgow.

The Tannadice club made an official request to the SFA, but say the governing body rejected this, citing examples from Uefa as a precedent for a club playing a semi-final on its own ground.

Hartson said playing the tie at Ibrox would give Rangers the advantage, but Hateley disagrees.

The former Rangers striker said it was decided months ago and that it was the luck of the draw who got to the last-four stage.

United say they have been given a maximum ticket allocation of 13,100 for the semi-final at Ibrox - which has a capacity of 51,082 - having initially been offered 11,000 tickets.

They are out in force to try to make this Semi final as difficult as possible for us. Well done Hately for talking some sense. As for the away dressing room remark - why? We were drawn as the home team, therefore should have the home dressing room.

To use Bawsburst's favourite phase they are beelin!