How much will Ally have to spend next season?

Robespierre

When you take into account season ticket sales (if we get the money that is) and the eventual new kit sponsorship deal that is surely forthcoming, along with the investment we've been promised, how much will Ally have to spend in order to strengthen next season? Realistically?

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He can spend what he brings in through selling players or getting the wage bill down, maybe not even that tbh. This is why the young players getting game time now is so vital, if Callum Gallacher progresses well then he can be a first team striker next season, negating the need for a Boyd or Miller type signing. Same with other lads, we don't have cash any more so we produce our own players and make a squad that way.

I would prefer he worked with the guys he had, or if he can sell a few he can have that money.

We need to trim the amount of wages and playing staff we have first, and I also think with the players we currently have we could win the championship.

When you take into account season ticket sales (if we get the money that is) and the eventual new kit sponsorship deal that is surely forthcoming, along with the investment we've been promised, how much will Ally have to spend in order to strengthen next season? Realistically?

Zero.

I suspect Hutton,Perry,Cribari and Simonsen will leave and possibly Wallace or Law maybe subject to a bid.

Have a horrid feeling Ally will target Boyd,Davidson and Stevenson plus whatever Spl dross is available on free's.

I would prefer he worked with the guys he had, or if he can sell a few he can have that money.

We need to trim the amount of wages and playing staff we have first, and I also think with the players we currently have we could win the championship.

thats the problem, with the players we have we should still be winning that league with relative ease, problem is the players have somehow went backwards in their progression and would fear going to Hamilton/ Tynecastle/Dundee etc

Hopefully he has left his managers post with his backroom staff, total pish again today ,give this man nothing to spend, he has wasted a load of our monies on signing on fees and wages on crap players .

:lol: how did you enjoy the trip to Killie last night

With hedge funds running the show? Thirty bob.

No squad building and no strategy just interested in the market share price.

Boardroom section is shite anyway eh

You got proof of "no squad building" or is it more unsubstantiated shite?

I wouldn't give him any money to spend. If he absolutely must sign someone then he should get 50% of the wages of any player that leaves to reinvest in bosman's with potential/resale value. Our squad is huge and even if player's who's contracts are expiring do not have them renewed we still have a big enough squad of sufficient quality to win the championship without spending any money.