How much will Ally have to spend next season?

Robespierre

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Winning the Scottish cup next season would mean Rangers have European football back the following season I think? If that's the case it's important to sign maybe 2 or 3 decent players while getting 3 or 4 fringe players out the door at the same time. No Scottish cup win next season and it's an extra year out of Europe.

Very little I would imagine. Maybe the money saved on players we move on in the summer. Cribari, Simonsen, Little, Perry, Hegarty, Hutton, possibly Peralta if we can move him on.

Looking at that, everyone of the above are out of contract bar Peralta so we won't get a transfer fee. Another season of freebies and low quality signings. Exactly what we do not require.

I think question like this should at least wait till Wallace has had his 120 day review - but the Ally bashers will wade in!

It should be fuck all either way mate.

You big Ally up but do you believe he can guide us to promotion next season with the current crop of players?

'have to spend' as in what budget? No more than £500k plus what he can generate by offloading players.

'have to spend' as in fundamental need in order to win promotion next season? £10m might be the starting number he has in mind. His future as the Rangers Manager may well depend on it so I guess he'd start with a big number for big time signings to do the business for him.

It should be fuck all either way mate.

You big Ally up but do you believe he can guide us to promotion next season with the current crop of players?

With the current squad at our disposal I think we will win the league next season under Ally McCoist. Will it be pretty, no, not a chance. Where we are now is exactly the opposite of where I thought we would be come the start of this journey. We have missed an opportunity.

Will Ally McCoist be good enough for the Scottish Premiership. I very much doubt it. Our management team isn't good enough. Ally McCoist with a cheque book is a very scary thought. Alistair McCoist the player, man, club legend and manager are two completely different things.

A massive season for him next season. Let's see how he gets on. With or without any signings the current squad should seal the Championship.

With the current squad at our disposal I think we will win the league next season under Ally McCoist. Will it be pretty, no, not a chance. Where we are now is exactly the opposite of where I thought we would be come the start of this journey. We have missed an opportunity.

Will Ally McCoist be good enough for the Scottish Premiership. I very much doubt it. Our management team isn't good enough. Ally McCoist with a cheque book is a very scary thought. Alistair McCoist the player, man, club legend and manager are two completely different things.

A massive season for him next season. Let's see how he gets on. With or without any signings the current squad should seal the Championship.

Nothing would please me more than to see him grow as a manager and a coach and get the best out of his players.

Believe me, seeing that man lift that league trophy will 100% be the best moment as a Rangers supporter for me.

Very little I would imagine. Maybe the money saved on players we move on in the summer. Cribari, Simonsen, Little, Perry, Hegarty, Hutton, possibly Peralta if we can move him on.

Looking at that, everyone of the above are out of contract bar Peralta so we won't get a transfer fee. Another season of freebies and low quality signings. Exactly what we do not require.

You might want to check your facts, I think hegarty, Little and Perry have longer contracts. But if he can move some of the fringe players on then he can use those wages to sign some promising talent.

thats the problem, with the players we have we should still be winning that league with relative ease, problem is the players have somehow went backwards in their progression and would fear going to Hamilton/ Tynecastle/Dundee etc

true. a good manager can get the best out of the players and make a good team great. McCoist (and i'd say Smith before him) take great players and make them good, take good players and make them poor. Any young player under these two is told not to fuck up, and just play it simple. all flair is removed from their game

true. a good manager can get the best out of the players and make a good team great. McCoist (and i'd say Smith before him) take great players and make them good, take good players and make them poor. Any young player under these two is told not to fuck up, and just play it simple. all flair is removed from their game

Yup, taking great players and making them good, that's what got us to NIAR, UEFA Cup final, virtual CL semi, etc.

Yup, taking great players and making them good, that's what got us to NIAR, UEFA Cup final, virtual CL semi, etc.

name one guy that came through the ranks under Smith? fuck if he'd stayed one more season we'd have sold Barry Ferguson. couldnt even see him! What else did we do in Europe other than that semi-final*? nothing. we had Gazza and Laudrup and couldnt do shit

edit: i'm referring to his first stint

Walter Smith also took average, unfashionable players and made them reliable, Champions.

In all our years, under numerous managers, The Rangers have been a disappointment in European competitions.

Have you ever heard of Scot Symon, Willie Waddell ? (tu)

name one guy that came through the ranks under Smith? fuck if he'd stayed one more season we'd have sold Barry Ferguson. couldnt even see him! What else did we do in Europe other than that semi-final*? nothing. we had Gazza and Laudrup and couldnt do shit

edit: i'm referring to his first stint

So it's all youth development is it? And I thought he was taking great players and reducing them to good? Like Gough, Goram, McCoist, Hateley, Gazza, Laudrup. Are you giving up on that part of what you actually said?