An Artificial Rivalry

We all know the scummy beginnings of Dundee Utd, however I'd say our hatred for them has elevated hugely in recent seasons. We might not have liked the club in the past, but now we hate them.

Is it possible the owners of Dundee Utd have actually looked at the our rivalry with Celtic and seen the financial wealth and media coverage etc these games get and tried to recreate a new rivalry between us and them to improve their position?

I for one see it as a probability. They seem to go out of their way to antagonise us and it does come across as very unnatural and thought out.

Now, for this possible cup game against us, apparently Thompson wont be sitting in our directors boss because he "fears for his safety". We have had plenty of Celtic people in our director box with no problem.

This just seems like another chance to antagonise us which has been taken even before we are through and eligible to play Dundee Utd. He's trying to make us out to be animals, who would be vying for his blood even when he's seated in the safety of the directors boss where more hated individuals have sat without any problem.

I for one would urge us not to get angry at this latest pathetic attempt to annoy us, remember they're just a stupid wee side, who don't even deserve to appear in our shadow.

Let's just laugh at how pathetic Dundee Utd are, and how much of a pussy Thompson is.

That mob have always been anti-Rangers it's nothing new. It's well known that Jim Mclean would always encourage any player Rangers wanted to sign from them to sign for other clubs instead . The only time he really sold a player to Rangers was for a British record amount and the guy could not turn it down no matter how rabid an anti-Rangers bampot he was.

If Steven Thomson walked by me in the street i wouldn't even know who he was.

He's a no mark who runs Dundee United FC thats all i know of him.

Couldn't give a fuck about him or there no mark club who have to shut down stands. Then they have the cheeck to demand 13k tickets :lol: :lol: :lol:

Silly cunts are desperate for us to regard them as big rivals when they are just another no mark diddy club. The only thing i see that makes us rivals is their good cup record against us the last 3\4 years and if we can put that right this season then even that disappears into the distance.

No rivalry on this side at all. We haven't slipped that far, for fuck sake! :D

Last season's boycott was also the first SPL side in an SFA tournament.

I used to have big respect for Dundee United at the time when Jim McLean's homegrown side where competing regularly in the latter stages of European competition... Now, however, that wee, bitter, baldy bawbag is making them an embarrassment.

Same as Turbo Hutton over at Raith saying the Ramsden's Cup "will not be a family occasion this year."

Two seriously misguided individuals.

Don't get me wrong, I certainly don't see Dundee Utd as anything like rivals for us, the thread was just about the probability that Dundee Utd are trying to manufacture a rivalry with us at our expense and their gain.

In fact my point is that we really shouldn't get wound up by them - as that's exactly what they're trying to do. Best to ignore them and laugh at their stupidity.

Third rate shower of bheggar wannabes, run by a family of gypsies who are only too happy to drop their drawers every time liewwell needs assistance in attempting to thwart The Rangers. They are small potatoes with a big CHIP on their shoulders !