Can I ask a question to guys boycotting Tannadice from now on?

GOAT

Once we knock out Rovers, we're going to be playing Dundee Hibs at Ibrox, chances are there will be 50,000 there and only 13,000 will be from Dundee. that's 37,000 Rangers fans. The money made from the gates are split between the semi-final clubs I believe.

You boycotted Tannadice because you wanted to starve money from Dundee Hibs, they are going to make a fortune out of this, so why is your opinion different now?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Once we knock out Rovers, we're going to be playing Dundee Hibs at Ibrox, chances are there will be 50,000 there and only 13,000 will be from Dundee. that's 37,000 Rangers fans. The money made from the gates are split between the semi-final clubs I believe.

You boycotted Tannadice because you wanted to starve money from Dundee Hibs, they are going to make a fortune out of this, so why is your opinion different now?

I didn't agree with it at the time, but it was about sending a message as much as anything.

The biggest 'get it up ye' would be putting them out.

Na mate....we will get a payment like any other semi but it's just like it was at hampden and the SFA will get the majority!

The gate are split equally amongst all 4 clubs. Even if we drew Aberdeen, Dundee utd would still get a chunk of our gate.

The gate are split equally amongst all 4 clubs. Even if we drew Aberdeen, Dundee utd would still get a chunk of our gate.

Which is what I'm saying, what makes it different from Tannadice? If anything they will make more money out this than they would have with 5,000 bears at Tannadice.

I will go to the semi and every other home/neutral cup tie involving those ten SPL teams.

The exception being Kilmarnock who had at least the impartiality to abstain despite fan pressure.

Once we are back up I will never enter any of those ten stadiums ever again because unlike the cup ties all the money goes to them and they will not get it. I'm not looking for anyone else to back me on this. It's my own personal feelings and required a lot of deliberation and soul searching but I'm now happy with this decision.

Which is what I'm saying, what makes it different from Tannadice? If anything they will make more money out this than they would have with 5,000 bears at Tannadice.

It's different because that was a one of occasion where the club actually asked us to stay away.

I certainly won't be boycotting Tannadice from now on

No they wouldn't. 50000 at Tannadice would've been split 50/50. The other semi will be lucky to get 15000. So they'd only get a 1/4 of 65000

I will go to the semi and every other home/neutral cup tie involving those ten SPL teams.

The exception being Kilmarnock who had at least the impartiality to abstain despite fan pressure.

Once we are back up I will never enter any of those ten stadiums ever again because unlike the cup ties all the money goes to them and they will not get it. I'm not looking for anyone else to back me on this. It's my own personal feelings and required a lot of deliberation and soul searching but I'm now happy with this decision.

I've no problems with that tbh. I can understand it. I just find it funny how other fans were labelled all sorts for wanting to support their team the last time, but this time we'll have 37,000 fans there punting even more money into that horrible cesspit of a club than what they would have got that day.

No they wouldn't. 50000 at Tannadice would've been split 50/50. The other semi will be lucky to get 15000. So they'd only get a 1/4 of 65000

I'm sorry but the sheep shaggers have a chance of winning at Ibrox for the first time in 20+ years, they'll have at least 15,000-20,000 down here on their own.

OK my opinion on this and think will get some shifty eyes is that last year we had a pretty crappy team (think we'll all agree on that one) and odds on us even getting a draw their was pretty dam slim. With all the shit that was going on (and still is) I think it made the decision easier to stay away. Now we have a pretty good chance I believe of winning (and the cup also) Ibrox will be a sellout inspite of all the issues. I also think we need the fans pulling together which in turn helps the players, the finances etc etc and so we will go in our numbers, pack the place out and hopefully cheer the guys on to victory.

5000 at Tannadice, not 50000. A quarter of 65000 is greater than half of the 14000 capacity of Tannadice. I've obviously missed something here though or I've not woke up properly yet as it looks to me like DU will easily make more money from this game than last season

I've no problems with that tbh. I can understand it. I just find it funny how other fans were labelled all sorts for wanting to support their team the last time, but this time we'll have 37,000 fans there punting even more money into that horrible cesspit of a club than what they would have got that day.

Because it's completely different!

Because it's completely different!

In what way is it different, they will make even more money out of our club for this game than they would have for the game last year. Infact, Aberdeen and St Johnstone will even make money out of us for it aswell!

I hope we see an end to boycotts regardless of the reason! Bears calling other bears scabs was the lowest of the low.

It is really a matter of choice. For around 50 years I've scarcely missed a match at Ibrox or a cup semi final or final and generally speaking I'll carry on with that. For many years I went home and away till other things in my life - living down in England in particular - made it financially impossible to do that. Just over 2 years ago we all know how badly our Club and it's fans we're treated. I can't accept or forgive that and I will never again visit many grounds in Scotland - I won't give them a penny directly. Finals and semis - might be different but for example I will need to think long and hard about attending the Cup Final this year if we make it! Strangely though if it were at Hampden I'd almost certainly go. What is the difference (remember SFA and Co shat on us too!) - even I don't know it is just how/what I feel!

I've got an idea !

Let's just throw the game against Albion rovers, then none of the premiership semi-finalists will make any money from our fan base.

I've got an idea !

Let's just throw the game against Albion rovers, then none of the premiership semi-finalists will make any money from our fan base.

I'd rather we just pumped them, pumped Dundee Hibs with 37,000 fans rocking Ibrox and then turned Parkhead red white and blue and pumped the sheep in the final tbh.

Then next year we can deliberately lose some games so that we don't get promoted,that'll teach the bassas