Can I ask a question to guys boycotting Tannadice from now on?

GOAT

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In what way is it different, they will make even more money out of our club for this game than they would have for the game last year. Infact, Aberdeen and St Johnstone will even make money out of us for it aswell!

Just forget it's at Ibrox.....it's the same logic as it would be for a hampden semi final! The boycotted game against them was at tannadice and was supported by the club.....whether or not it was right or if come out return to the SPL it's right a semi final at a neutral venue is not the same thing regardless of how much money anyone makes.....

Rangers are skint.

Assuming we get to the s/f, what is more important to you as an individual?

- "starving" 3 unimportant clubs of their £2 share of your ticket, whch they won't miss, because they hadn't budgeted for it anyway.

or giving a much-needed £2 to Rangers, who need all the cash they can get right now and have probably banked on you attending, because you're a loyal fan.

I boycotted for the simple fact the club asked us to. Will I ever do it again no way I will go where Rangers go.

Did they? I thought it was the fans groups that said not to go and Green refused an official allocation but don't remember the club ever asking fans to stay away.

Although the crowd would have been bigger this season I reckon had we been drawn away at Tannadice again, say in the previous round, sales still wouldn't have been great. Also had last season's match been at ibrox, numbers would have been far greater.

I won't be going back to tannadice , my own personal feelings.

Yes , I'd like to starve them of our cash , but the reality is I know that won't happen because someone else would still take my ticket. I've no complaints about that , I'm not advocating a boycott and the team needs our support.

It's just with contempt in the way thomson has acted towards us , more than others , I want nothing to do with him or his shitty , wee team.

Rangers are skint.

Assuming we get to the s/f, what is more important to you as an individual?

- "starving" 3 unimportant clubs of their £2 share of your ticket, whch they won't miss, because they hadn't budgeted for it anyway.

or giving a much-needed £2 to Rangers, who need all the cash they can get right now and have probably banked on you attending, because you're a loyal fan.

If the questions aimed at me? I'm going, infact I should have went to Tannadice last season in the first place. So I think you've misunderstood my point.

Once we knock out Rovers, we're going to be playing Dundee Hibs at Ibrox, chances are there will be 50,000 there and only 13,000 will be from Dundee. that's 37,000 Rangers fans. The money made from the gates are split between the semi-final clubs I believe.

You boycotted Tannadice because you wanted to starve money from Dundee Hibs, they are going to make a fortune out of this, so why is your opinion different now?

I've applied for all tickets this season apart from 2 Dunfermline ties so have no choice but to pay and accept, next season I wont take up allocation for Hearts and the following season wont apply for any.

Each to their own though

Goat - "Tims cannae read or write."

They do seem to be able to do alright though when it comes to bank and land contracts.

On the OP, I'll only attend ay of these grounds in the event of a semi-final of a up. As for league games, not a hope there's no point in funding teams that stole money from us in the past, and that's what they did. They voted us out and then split our prize money amongst themselves.

We're not going to forget what the so-called active harm clubs did are we? Its in the Rangers DNA now. So - to borrow from the now largely forgotten Craig Mather - action would be taken at the right time. I never really knew what he meant by that but the intention chimed with my view of things. I suppose it could be boycotts again if the case made by Rangers was compelling. It could be that the Club finds other ways to hurt the financials of these active harm clubs. At some point in time soon enough the matter of TV contracts will surface again. Whether a way can be found to hurt them through the stance taken by Rangers in TV rights is anyone's guess right now (except for those that know the current contract and those in Rangers who will be making up their minds on the approach to be taken to negotiation of future contracts). But back to football. I come round to the view that the best retribution to be meted out on these so-called football clubs who hoisted themselves onto their view of the pinnacle of sporting integrity is to - in equal measure - beat them on the pitch and fundamentally outnoise them for the entire time they are in Ibrox or we are in their midden-like stadiums. And (although its a smaller hit) away from home - buy nothing from them or their towns. But they can have the privilege of hearing us loud and clear in their streets. If we win on Monday I will be at the semi in Ibrox. And the thought of turning the venue for the final into a sea of Red White and Blue would be enough to persuade me to go to the final.

This slimeball thomson must have actually believed the likes of liewwell if they told him Rangers were dead in the water now he is trying to backtrack because the day of reckoning is coming his way by actually not only playing Rangers in a cup-tie but playing them in the Bears Den. He's shiting his breeks that's why he saying he'll sit with their fans and not in the stand. A SHITPOT who's trying now to blame the equally heinous and distance himself from sfa for the backstabbing he did to The Rangers with glee. I personally wouldn't give these cunts the matter oot my eye!

Once we knock out Rovers, we're going to be playing Dundee Hibs at Ibrox, chances are there will be 50,000 there and only 13,000 will be from Dundee. that's 37,000 Rangers fans. The money made from the gates are split between the semi-final clubs I believe.

You boycotted Tannadice because you wanted to starve money from Dundee Hibs, they are going to make a fortune out of this, so why is your opinion different now?

Stunned - I like that post

T A N N A D I C E.

I B R O X.

One is our own ground, the other is not.

Can you guess which one?

I will go to the semi and every other home/neutral cup tie involving those ten SPL teams.

The exception being Kilmarnock who had at least the impartiality to abstain despite fan pressure.

Once we are back up I will never enter any of those ten stadiums ever again because unlike the cup ties all the money goes to them and they will not get it. I'm not looking for anyone else to back me on this. It's my own personal feelings and required a lot of deliberation and soul searching but I'm now happy with this decision.

Kilmarnock gave the scum their ground to see them clinch their tainted title and refused us the same the year before, so F#ck going to any SPL(or whatever you call it) Cesspit

:brokensfa::nosfa:

I will go to the semi and every other home/neutral cup tie involving those ten SPL teams.

The exception being Kilmarnock who had at least the impartiality to abstain despite fan pressure.

Once we are back up I will never enter any of those ten stadiums ever again because unlike the cup ties all the money goes to them and they will not get it. I'm not looking for anyone else to back me on this. It's my own personal feelings and required a lot of deliberation and soul searching but I'm now happy with this decision.

I will back you,as i and a few on our bus are doing the same

Am I losing my sanity? A great OP from GOAT and a sensible, reasonable and reasoned post from Muirheadbear. This forun is doing my head in these days. Rational arguments and no name calling. Great to see Bears getting back to Rangers standards.

Rangers, my team not my project.

Ill no be goin back to Tannadice since they ripped us off with the called off game, plus thompsons snide attitude twards us, the OP is totally irellant in my eyes. Im nore interested in Rangers never mind these dicks but at same time im no gony stand for them rippin the piss

and 1 other thing we get put in jerry kerr stand and how that has a safety cert is beyond me, if theres a fire in there ur deed simple as