Can I ask a question to guys boycotting Tannadice from now on?

GOAT

I didn't agree with the boycott at the time and still don't

The threats and infighting over it amongst fans was way more serious and depressing than Dundee Peados getting 40% of a ticket tbh

Never again

I blame the fat bastards queing buying their pies juice and programmes 100 times more than a guy with a ticket who wants to see his team

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

without going into details the shortest answer to your question would be to address it to C. Green

Be quiet - it was the fans that called for it and Green made it happen and fronted it for us

Imagine bringing Green into this to attempt to top up your perverse bloodlust for the man

One was a club led boycott and at tannadice.

the other is not a club led boycot and at Ibrox. Thats the main difderences.

anyway its all personal choics now. Not gonna slate people that dont want to go, or people that do.

If the questions aimed at me? I'm going, infact I should have went to Tannadice last season in the first place. So I think you've misunderstood my point.

Sometimes you have to have the courage of your convictions and make your own personal stand against something you dont like regardless of what other Gers fans think. Will you be boycotting away games at Hibs and Hearts in the future ? :pipe:

Sometimes you have to have the courage of your convictions and make your own personal stand against something you dont like regardless of what other Gers fans think. Will you be boycotting away games at Hibs and Hearts in the future ? :pipe:

I don't do boycotts.

They'll get a proportion of the money and not all of it. Going to Tannadice to watch Dundee Hibs means they get ALL the money. Will be boycotting all teams once we are back in the Premier League apart from those who abstained in the voting.

We're not going to forget what the so-called active harm clubs did are we? Its in the Rangers DNA now. So - to borrow from the now largely forgotten Craig Mather - action would be taken at the right time. I never really knew what he meant by that but the intention chimed with my view of things. I suppose it could be boycotts again if the case made by Rangers was compelling. It could be that the Club finds other ways to hurt the financials of these active harm clubs. At some point in time soon enough the matter of TV contracts will surface again. Whether a way can be found to hurt them through the stance taken by Rangers in TV rights is anyone's guess right now (except for those that know the current contract and those in Rangers who will be making up their minds on the approach to be taken to negotiation of future contracts). But back to football. I come round to the view that the best retribution to be meted out on these so-called football clubs who hoisted themselves onto their view of the pinnacle of sporting integrity is to - in equal measure - beat them on the pitch and fundamentally outnoise them for the entire time they are in Ibrox or we are in their midden-like stadiums. And (although its a smaller hit) away from home - buy nothing from them or their towns. But they can have the privilege of hearing us loud and clear in their streets. If we win on Monday I will be at the semi in Ibrox. And the thought of turning the venue for the final into a sea of Red White and Blue would be enough to persuade me to go to the final.

The future of watching games away from the stadium is via live streaming video, something that all clubs control their own rights to in the SPFL. Games under the SFA (like cup matches) are another manner. This is what the wee clubs were ready to walk away from the SPL a few years ago. Too often it has been our pound (and to be fair the scums) that have bailed out these wee clubs. We really need to get to a more even balanced league, be it British or European. Personally I would punt a lot of these wee teams from senior football and leave Rangers, Scumtic, Dundee, Raith Rovers, Falkirk, Motherwell, Hibs, Hearts, Aberdeen, ICT, Berwick Rangers, St.Johstone. Dunfermline, Kilmarnock. 14 teams home and away in the league, revert to a format for the League cup similar to the World Cup Finals and the Scottish FA cup a knock out competition for all clubs with the big teams thrown in at the very start.

Na mate....we will get a payment like any other semi but it's just like it was at hampden and the SFA will get the majority!

When a match in any Round other than the Preliminary Round (if applicable), First, Second, Third, Semi-Final and Final Rounds is played on a neutral ground:- (Ibrox)

(1) A levy of 5% of the monies received from all admission charges to the match shall be paid to the Association within three days of the date on

which the match is played.

(2) After payment of the levy foresaid, the club on whose ground the match is played shall be paid a rental of 20% (tu) of the balance of the monies received from all admission charges to the match.

(3) When the balance is sufficient, each competing club shall be entitled to reimbursement of expenditure on travel, in terms of Rule 45.

(4) When the balance is insufficient, the sum available shall be divided between them, in proportion to their expenditure on travel.

(5) Any surplus remaining after payment of travel expenses, shall be divided, equally, between them.

The competing clubs shall be responsible, jointly, for payment of the match expenses.

So we get share of receipts plus 20% rental fee. (tu)

Any team who put us down I won't visit their ground on league business. Cup is different as we are starving our own club of money. Dundee united last season was a one off as all fans groups called for a boycott and club backed it by refusing to take a ticket allocation. Sadly some who endorsed it couldn't follow it through. I will never do a club boycott ever again. If I'm not in a ground watching rangers it will be my choice bit someone else's. Oh and when we are in top league I will still be having days out at football but just spend it in a boozer

Once we knock out Rovers, we're going to be playing Dundee Hibs at Ibrox, chances are there will be 50,000 there and only 13,000 will be from Dundee. that's 37,000 Rangers fans. The money made from the gates are split between the semi-final clubs I believe.

You boycotted Tannadice because you wanted to starve money from Dundee Hibs, they are going to make a fortune out of this, so why is your opinion different now?

Why does every thread you make sound argumentative?

Why does every thread you make sound argumentative?

I'm just curious because I was labelled a scab for wanting to follow my team, what's the difference here? They're going to make even more money out the Rangers support this time, infact another two clubs are going to make even more money, so what is the difference?

Dundee Undignified will get about the same gate money if boycott then they still get through than they would if we came in our droves and helped stomp them out.

For this I want to see all our eggs in THIS basket. every fan giving 110% and every player giving 110% and give them such a pumping that they will be afraid to turn on sportscene once we are back in the prem

Any team who put us down I won't visit their ground on league business. Cup is different as we are starving our own club of money. Dundee united last season was a one off as all fans groups called for a boycott and club backed it by refusing to take a ticket allocation. Sadly some who endorsed it couldn't follow it through. I will never do a club boycott ever again. If I'm not in a ground watching rangers it will be my choice bit someone else's. Oh and when we are in top league I will still be having days out at football but just spend it in a boozer

Same for me ~was thinking about this last night, would be great if we had a charity account or the like where Bears who chose not to go to away matches donate the cost of the ticket ~ would be a tangible way of showing, at the end of the season, how much money the SPFL clubs were losing ~ more effective than a boycott and a good cause ~ Erskine? could benefit.