Catch Ye Hutton.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye, just remember Hutton stayed with us when we really needed players. Bit of respect wouldn't go a miss. Wasn't our worst player either.

All the best Hutton.

This - sorry it did not work out and thanks for your efforts.

Some of our supporters lack even basic levels of class

Hutton should be a much better player than he is. Loads of unfilled potential. The biggest concern is why he hasn't progressed. I would rather it was just down to him and not the club, but knowing us, that's probably not the case.

He'll probably flourish wherever he ends up. There is a player in there somewhere, for whatever reason though he just hasn't shown it often enough. Good luck to him.

Tbh i think it is his injury record going against him not lack of talent.

Most likely because some games I've seen him he's looked half decent and other games he's been rank rotten, I just think he's at an age where he's not classed as a youngster with potential anymore sadly.

Good. Two less wages to pay ( one being a sizeable wage)

Makes room for replacements hopefully. This could be the start of the deadwood being trimmed.

well done Rangers, fully agree with not renewing either contractm

This. Look at the difference from last season when we stupidly renewed Cole and Naismiths contracts only to pay them off months later

Hopefully as you say gogzy this is the start of the deadwood dissapearing, and us not paying off players right left and centre.

All joking aside on Cribari, going by whats been said on this and other threads, youth coaching is something he is either passionate about or seriously considering once he hangs up his boots. I wouldn't be surprised if it was a deal maker for him to come to us while we were in the 3rd Division to be offered a chance at coaching or have an academy set up with the club.

Although many of his performances have left a lot to be desired, it is clear he definitely had ability at some point, you don't play over 100 games at teams like Lazio or Napoli if you're a centre half that can't defend. Also the game against Motherwell he was immense, I just think he struggled to motivate himself for a lot of the games in Division 3. I think as long as his wages are pretty low, maybe a 1/4 or 1/5 of what he's on now, might be worth a 12 month contract to see if he's any use at coaching.

I'll be glad to get cribari off of the wage bill but I would have given hutton another year on reduced wages, I thought he looked fitter and a lot hungrier during pre-season.

If we are trimming the squad I think we should be looking at Jig, Peralta and Black. Peralta because I personally don't think he is good enough, Jig and Black purely because of their high wages.

All joking aside on Cribari, going by whats been said on this and other threads, youth coaching is something he is either passionate about or seriously considering once he hangs up his boots. I wouldn't be surprised if it was a deal maker for him to come to us while we were in the 3rd Division to be offered a chance at coaching or have an academy set up with the club.

Although many of his performances have left a lot to be desired, it is clear he definitely had ability at some point, you don't play over 100 games at teams like Lazio or Napoli if you're a centre half that can't defend. Also the game against Motherwell he was immense, I just think he struggled to motivate himself for a lot of the games in Division 3. I think as long as his wages are pretty low, maybe a 1/4 or 1/5 of what he's on now, might be worth a 12 month contract to see if he's any use at coaching.

I think a large part of the problem with Cribari is simply that in Scotland we do not play football as recognised by the rest of the planet. He probably did not expect to come here to find constant hacking, elbows, chest high studs up tackles etc with everyone running around like a headless chicken.

Having been to a Lazio match a few weeks back I can honestly say it looked nothing like what we suffer week after week

I think a large part of the problem with Cribari is simply that in Scotland we do not play football as recognised by the rest of the planet. He probably did not expect to come here to find constant hacking, elbows, chest high studs up tackles etc with everyone running around like a headless chicken.

Having been to a Lazio match a few weeks back I can honestly say it looked nothing like what we suffer week after week

Better players than Cribari have come here and flopped.

Andrew Dickson has said that Rangers haven't made a decision on either and that Mccoist was speaking highly of Hutton and that he still has the chance to win a new deal.

We should just cut our losses with Hutton, or at best a pay as you play deal.