McCoist or Boyd

JCDBigBear

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing to say on Kris Boyds departure then. No need to be eloquent, the guy left in shame and you would have to be a traitor, or personally related to the man, to welcome him back. A treasonous rat to be listed among all those others who left us in the lurch as far as I'm concerned.

He left when his contract expired after 4 and a half seasons and 128 competitive goals. Exactly how did he leave us in the lurch?

Question seems based on the following:

1. Manager does not rate player

2. Fans (some) want player

3. Sack manager

Bit like

1. Board does not lilke Greggs pies

2. Some fans want Greggs pies at Ibrox

3. Sack the board

Kris Boyd for manager :matron:

Comparing Kris Boyd to a pie isn't fair.

Boyd ran his contract down under the pretence of waiting to see what our then manager was doing (in terms of his own contract) allied to the fact he was pish against any big teams we played against and the fact the guy is a footballing mercenary (like them all)

He honoured his contract and decided to move on for a lot more money. We have had plenty other players who have left for more money and I fail to see why Boyd gets such grief. He wasn't flavour of the month with either Walter or Ally anyway.

He honoured his contract and decided to move on for a lot more money. We have had plenty other players who have left for more money and I fail to see why Boyd gets such grief. He wasn't flavour of the month with either Walter or Ally anyway.

Seems like your last sentence has answered your quiz-like question,........ Ally to stay....Boyd to stay away. :7325:

Would have Ally stay long before I would have Chris Boyd back again. Mibbees he can go fail at Everton playing along side his pal Naismith. Oh WAIT neither is likely to be getting a game at Everton next season or any other season.

Was talking to Boyd on Sunday in IKEA.

Asked him when he was coming back...then thought what a tit I bet everyone asks him that :ohmy:

With regards to the OP question I'll answer at the end of the season. I don't like the style of football we play but I'd struggle to argue against him if we got to the final of the SC.

My original post was really a bit "tongue-in-cheek" based on Boyd having been prolific with us in Scottish football, having regained some form, being available at the end of the season and with McCoist apparently/allegedly having fallen out with him. The question therefore had to be Boyd or McCoist with one or other as the answer.

Would have Ally stay long before I would have Chris Boyd back again. Mibbees he can go fail at Everton playing along side his pal Naismith. Oh WAIT neither is likely to be getting a game at Everton next season or any other season.

Apart from totally missing the point in the thread what exactly did Boyd do wrong? The guy honoured his contract.

McCoist might not rate him, but he is not stupid, if Boyd is a free agent I am sure Ally will try and sign him.

We need a provan goal scorer to partner Daly, Clark who I rate has been in and out the team.

Boyd helps make the squad stronger and we can move a couple of player on.

Boyd is a better player than the one we had.

He is more mature, is work rate is better and he is now more a team player

The younger player at Killie, look up to him and he is the better player for it.

I'd probably take Boyd.

Having a striker who IMO would be a sure thing to score 30+ goals next year and probably 20ish in the 1st season back at the top would be more important to us than Ally is as a manager.

Funny that so many people think Martin Bain was an arsehole and don't believe anything in the papers but they will believe Boyd was offered an amazing deal and turned it down because Bain said so in the papers.