Cup semi against Dundee Peados ticket allocation debate thread

1st_Jan_1994

Seeing it getting mentioned everywhere and thought it would be good to start a new thread to discuss it

Find the arguments for and against 50-50 quite interesting and think it would be good to have a proper debate on it

I'm glad they are only getting 11-13 thousand tickets but I'm still surprised there's been no attempt at a 50-50 from the SFA even though I'm not complaining

The arguments I've seen people put forward about them only having about 4k season book holders and that means that they could get 3 tickets each is perfectly reasonable

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just posted this in the Jackie McNamara thread:

In the league our average attendance is approx 43000, DU is 7400. In the cup our average is 22000, theirs is 6000. Anyone arguing that they should have a bigger ticket allocation is bonkers. We know we have the fans, they on the other hand struggle to fill half their stadium.

I think they should dry their eyes. Statistically they are getting a very generous allocation as it is.

I just posted this in the Jackie McNamara thread:

In the league our average attendance is approx 43000, DU is 7400. In the cup our average is 22000, theirs is 6000. Anyone arguing that they should have a bigger ticket allocation is bonkers. We know we have the fans, they on the other hand struggle to fill half their stadium.

I think they should dry their eyes.

(tu) a bit of a precedence of sorts has been set at Ramsdens final

Raith getting 3k

I'd have thought they would have wanted more but they've accepted that's a realistic number based on their support and demand

And also Inverness on Sunday too come to think of it

Fuck them. We've been consistently achieving near capacity crowds for 2 years in the lower leagues while a few thousand have bothered their arses turning out to watch them in the so called premier league.

Fuck Dundee United. Fuck them right in the ear.

If hey ask for half them they should get it but with a clause thrown in that they need to pay for any iunsold tickets. Really we can have no complaints. We have had 3 home ties in this cup and one all occasions we haven't filled half the ground.

We could easily fill ibrox for the semi. All the glory hunters who had excuses not to attend the earlier games will come out of the woodwork. They guys who don't go because of the "terrible football on show" will suddenly want tickets to see our silky Barcelona like soccer skills.

We could easily fill ibrox for the semi. All the glory hunters who had excuses not to attend the earlier games will come out of the woodwork. They guys who don't go because of the "terrible football on show" will suddenly want tickets to see our silky Barcelona like soccer skills.

But the point fishcake is making is that shouldn't Dundee have the same right?

Cannot argue against a 50-50 split to be honest. The fact it is at Ibrox is irrelevant, technically it is a neutral venue, there should be no advantage. The tickets should have been offered to United, they could have taken however many they wanted up to half and any tickets they didnt sell they would pay for, or offer to us to sell.. Easy peasy.

Seeing it getting mentioned everywhere and thought it would be good to start a new thread to discuss it

Find the arguments for and against 50-50 quite interesting and think it would be good to have a proper debate on it

I'm glad they are only getting 11-13 thousand tickets but I'm still surprised there's been no attempt at a 50-50 from the SFA even though I'm not complaining

The arguments I've seen people put forward about them only having about 4k season book holders and that means that they could get 3 tickets each is perfectly reasonable

SFA get IIRC 5% of the gate money so a full house is in their own interest. giving D. Hivees fifty percent and them selling only a few thousand will cost the sfa bastards money.

Could easily argue both sides of this argument.

Feel gutted for any ST holder who doent get a ticket, at expense of a no mark hivee who doesnt go to games regularly.

Have lost out to this before and its shite.

But ibrox is neutral for the semi so get the whole 50 50 thing.

I agree with offering utd their 50%, paid upfront, and any unsold go to us with a costly admin penalty for hivees.

Suppose they could sell their share to those transient mhanks/ albion rovers/ hivees fans who seem to support any team playing us.......

To be honest I would have no issue even as a token gesture they were given 50/50 with a time limit to sell as any as they can.....after that the rest are sent back to us and offered to season ticket holders who didn't already have one.

Even if DU get 50% and dont fill it, we fill our side out are they still entitled to their 47% share of attendance cash? If so give them 50% and watch their own fans starve their club of money at a time when they need to keep making money. Hate every club in Scotland bar the glorious Glasgow Rangers

Which area are they getting to make up their 11-13k? The Govan?

Do you's not think the SFA will bend and give them more? If they do and they can't sell them then those scum bags at both Dundee and SFA are going to look like absolute bigger baw bags and might fuck up other teams from getting an even split in future

SFA get IIRC 5% of the gate money so a full house is in their own interest. giving D. Hivees fifty percent and them selling only a few thousand will cost the sfa bastards money.

Give Dundee Utd half the tickets for this reason alone!

For me it boils down to a simple argument. You have to look after the "customer" who commits his money to the scottish football industry on by regular basis. We have thirty five thousand fans who do that and they might have something like five thousand.

So do we give them a 50/50 split so that big red headed Hamish can take his wife and two kids ( for their first and probably last game).while at the same time locking out punters who put their money in every week?

End of debate.

P.S. The big game gazers are dead easy to spot. They all buy those fucking stupid chequered flags in their clubs colours and fly them all during the game.