Cup semi against Dundee Peados ticket allocation debate thread

1st_Jan_1994

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd go for the 50/50 idea but make them pay up front for their 50%, no risk to SFA, no risk to us, massive risk for them

I agree to a certain extent with this, the problem though would be with segregation if they dont sell all their tickets and return them to us to sell.

I agree to a certain extent with this, the problem though would be with segregation if they dont sell all their tickets and return them to us to sell.

I'd have no return on them, if they fail to sell that's it, they've paid the cash up front.

I'm all for calling these fuckers' bluff

Agree on the 50 50 up front payment.Then when they fail miserably, sell to bears. More bears get to see game, and the hivees are showed up as full of hot air.Hefty admin fee as a penalty for returning and sfa processing of unsold tickets would be icing on cake.

I've read on twitter that they are getting 13,000 and if they sell that out then they can apply for more.

We are getting 25,000 to start which to be honest is probably about right for us after previous home cup attendances.

13,000 is a bit much for them but I can see why they would want to try and take home advantage out of it.

Really don't see why there is any discussion about this if the semi was at Hampden that would be an allocated % based on their ST sales the average amount that attend games and not a 50-50 allocation, why should it be any different just because the game is at Ibrox.

I presume it is to do with neutrality. They wanted it moved, SFA said no. Now they want more tickets to make it less like a home game I suppose.

Also DU's highest home attendance this season is 12601 (bearing in mind there is away support included in that) they can't sell out their own ground.

Which area are they getting to make up their 11-13k? The Govan?

Do you's not think the SFA will bend and give them more? If they do and they can't sell them then those scum bags at both Dundee and SFA are going to look like absolute bigger baw bags and might fuck up other teams from getting an even split in future

The tims will buy all their unsold tickets - they are obsessed with us

I was shocked when they said it wont be 50/50 to be honest, as it should be at least offerd to them.

At the end of the day I dont give a shit though, why should we start bothering about sporting fairness we have been shafted at every opportunity in the last few years. About time we get an advantage !

Plus it would piss me off if scumdee season tickets get 4 seats each (as aberdeen) but yet I might not get a seat when ive missed 1 game all season.

Cannot argue against a 50-50 split to be honest. The fact it is at Ibrox is irrelevant, technically it is a neutral venue, there should be no advantage. The tickets should have been offered to United, they could have taken however many they wanted up to half and any tickets they didnt sell they would pay for, or offer to us to sell.. Easy peasy.

Could all those bears who somehow think a team with 6000 "fans" should get 25000 tickets for a showpiece game please email the ticket office immediately. They can then take your name of the list as you seem more than willing to give up a seat to someone who will only buy a ticket to stop our fans getting one.

The offer of 13000 is more than fair.

We could easily fill ibrox for the semi. All the glory hunters who had excuses not to attend the earlier games will come out of the woodwork. They guys who don't go because of the "terrible football on show" will suddenly want tickets to see our silky Barcelona like soccer skills.

Or you could simply live and work hundreds of miles away, be unable to attend on a regular basis, but still shell out for a season ticket to help the club even though it means it costs you £300 to see two games.

Fuck those guys! Nobody needs fans like that after all.

If hey ask for half them they should get it but with a clause thrown in that they need to pay for any iunsold tickets. Really we can have no complaints. We have had 3 home ties in this cup and one all occasions we haven't filled half the ground.

Agreed, I said this a few days ago

Was listening to sportsound for honestly the first time in months as I was interested in how they were treating the current issues effecting us. One of the sportsound guys was talking about the ticket allocation and how Dundee RTD (ReTarDed) was rejected after officially asking for the change of venue. He then stated:

"but to be fair they asked when the venues were first announced."

On the BBC website which I am embarrassed to say I'm on quite a lot :drugang: it states:

An SFA spokesperson said: "The clubs were informed of the venue just after the first round of the cup, due to Hampden Park being out of commission because of the Commonwealth Games.

"There were no issues raised then at that early stage."

Clearly someone's lying.

Either the sportsound guy is lying through his teeth - not something out of the ordinary, or Dundee RTD are lying and moaning to anyone who'll listen and the SFA have felt the need to restate the truth - wouldn't be surprised, or the SFA are lying in order to cover their own backsides - doubt it as the baldy headed wank is in the SFA and no doubt the SFA would get a semi having both venues at the shithole that is parkhead.

Also, I'd like to add Andy Walker is a wanker :lol:

Everyone who went to the first game against Albion rovers should be offered first, then to season ticket holders on a first come first serve, then public sale of any are left. Don't see why Dundee Utd should get any more than 13k

I don't see why Dundee RTD should get any more than 13μ

But the point fishcake is making is that shouldn't Dundee have the same right?

If they sell out their initial allocation (they won't) they they can apply for more tickets.

Why should fans who haven't bothered to attend games suddenly be able to get tickets for a semi final at the expense of others who attend games regularly?