The famine song/go on home english tories

RFC55

Right strange thread title but noticed this in todays record.

a guy was arrested for acting in a racially aggravated manner by sitting outside a tory party conference in Stirling singing go on home English torries go on home, have you got no English homes of your own. Obviously some of you know that's the same tune as go on home British soldiers a song often sung by the tarriers.

so the judge threw the case out with a no case to answer. So if its not racist to sing that to the English then why the fuck don't we bring back the wittiest song we've had in years.

there's now case law we can use in our favour.

the famine is over why don't they go home :D

Right strange thread title but noticed this in todays record.

a guy was arrested for acting in a racially aggravated manner by sitting outside a tory party conference in Stirling singing go on home English torries go on home, have you got no English homes of your own. Obviously some of you know that's the same tune as go on home British soldiers a song often sung by the tarriers.

so the judge threw the case out with a no case to answer. So if its not racist to sing that to the English then why the fuck don't we bring back the wittiest song we've had in years.

there's now case law we can use in our favour.

the famine is over why don't they go home :D

Precedent has been set surely with this guys case?

Because he wasn't singing it outside/inside a football stadium, on way to football stadium, in a pub screening a football match. There are literally different rules for football supporters. SNP are wankers.

good point - the Offensive Behavoir at Football Matches act - as opposed to...well anybody else...doing it.

There's far more anti-English, or anti-Asian or anti-black racism than anti-Irish prejudice, but there are no significant extremist English, black, Asian or Muslim groups propagandising in Scotland by highlighting, exaggerating or manufacturing any prejudice against those groups.

However, we do have a burgeoning extremist Irish Republican movement which has been closely linked to the support and indeed the club in the East End who Glasgow City Council love to help out, so that movement seems to have influential friends in power. (See Lawwell, Regan, Lunny, Desmond, Reid et al.)

As has already been pointed out, The OBAF Act is the problem. Football fans are charged for singing or saying stuff at or around football games, that would not be a problem at any other time. Salmond and the SNP should be told by all of us that we are fed up being treated differently, just for being football fans.

Replace the "famine is over" with "if you don't like our country why don't you fuck off" it works well. In fact it makes an even stronger point, legally.

I'd prefer to go with something that's a little more light-hearted, but just as effective.

If yer totties are rotten...

Why don't you eat Mash?

Why don't you eat Mash?

Why don't you eat Mash?

The full article, so can we sing the famine song in the street ?

ALAN SMART, who writes and sings under the name Citizen Smart, had been charged with acting in a racially aggravated manner but a sheriff yesterday ruled he had no case to answer.

Phil Dye

Alan Smart was arrested at the Tory conference in Stirling

A SHERIFF yesterday ruled a political campaigner accused of racism for singing “English Tories go home” had no case to answer.

Alan Smart was arrested outside the Tory conference at the Albert Halls in Stirling on June 7, 2013, the day Prime Minister David Cameron was attending.

Smart, 54, who writes and sings under the name Citizen Smart, was recorded singing the lyric, “Go on home, English Tories, go on home, Have no got a home of your own?”, to the tune of Irish rebel song Go On Home.

Smart, of Bridge Street, Dollar, is a former head of broadcasting at the Scottish Parliament and once head of current affairs at Scottish Television.

He was arrested and charged with acting in a racially aggravated manner which caused or was intended to cause alarm and distress those attending the conference.

After listening to a day of evidence, Stirling Sheriff Wyllie Robertson found that he had no case to answer.

He told him: “I’m satisfied that in law there is no case to answer, a line has been crossed, you’re acquitted.”

Last month, The Daily Record suggested Cameron and his Cabinet should head back to England after they held a meeting in the north east.

Fuck it lets get the billy boys back anaw, fuck them all we should be able to sing what we want, far too much republicanism and terrorism goes on at the bheasts from the easts ground and not and eyelid is battered, if they can get away with it then so should we, fuck the SNP/SFA and the uber offended tarriers.

I've always argued the merits of the Famine Song. I have ancestors who came over here in the mid 1850's probably because of the famine.

I would like to add they came from Co. Antrim nudge nudge wink wink.

Either way both Protestants and Kafflicks were affected by it.

The difference is that some of the current Kafflick generation thumb their nose up to the Country which helped their ancestors to set up a new life. Why! Well they consider themselves more Irish than Scottish/British. They glorify IRA campaigners and atrocities. Fair enough, that's their choice. My opinion is why stay here then? I think that's a reasonable question under the circumstances

That's why the song exists. If you don't like it or think much of this country then well erm ......do one! A bit like Abu Qatada - if you hate our country then get fucked. What's wrong with that?

Btw what happened to the Famine Memorial muted for George square?

I think this died of death when the RST supported it. Me thinks it was a propaganda exercise that fell flat on its face and now they're not interested. Put it another way, if Proddies or Rangers fans objected, this memorial would be up by now.

Amazing when you see that our song only 'suggests' if you love the land so much why don't you go home?.

I think Donald Findlay picked the wrong person as a test case. The guy was already warned to stop singing.

He was drunk and had a lengthy record. This new precedent would blow it out of the water imo.