Zenit appoint AVB as coach

tam watp

Zenit St Petersburg have confirmed the appointment of Andre Villas-Boas as their new coach.

The 36-year-old former Chelsea, Tottenham and Porto chief will officially take charge of Zenit on Thursday, the day after the second leg of their Champions League last-16 clash with Borussia Dortmund.

Villas-Boas replaces Italian Luciano Spalletti, who was sacked after a poor run of form which saw just one win in 11 games.

Villas-Boas has agreed a two-year deal at the Petrovsky Stadium.

I like avb, I honestly think he's got so much potential as a coach.

The Chelsea move was a bit too soon for him, and unfortunately he was never going to get The time Jose will be afforded this reign. Tottenham were unlucky last season in terms of cl football and he paid price this season. He will come back stronger and manage one of the elite clubs in the future.

Ps I bet he regrets not talking to psg this season now.

I think there was a report that said he wanted Moutinho, Villa & Hulk too.

He'll be sold back to Italy in the Summer IMO.

Those 4 players would have made a huge difference to his and Spurs future.

With the funds he had he must have been baffeled at what they did bring in....of course they were talented players but you need the right balance.

I was stunned there was not a bigger scrambled for Villa when he became available, would have made the difference to a Chelsea or Arsenal IMO.

You think they will recoup back most of the fee on Lamella?

Those 4 players would have made a huge difference to his and Spurs future.

With the funds he had he must have been baffeled at what they did bring in....of course they were talented players but you need the right balance.

I was stunned there was not a bigger scrambled for Villa when he became available, would have made the difference to a Chelsea or Arsenal IMO.

You think they will recoup back most of the fee on Lamella?

They've still got a lot of good players but for whatever reason it just really hasn't worked for the majority of them.

I know yeah. Villa for 5 million, even with his age and injury histories was an absolute bargain who would have done a job for most teams.

I'm not sure what they would get for him but I wouldn't surprised if he went out on a season long loan with an option to buy for about half of what they paid for him though.

They've still got a lot of good players but for whatever reason it just really hasn't worked for the majority of them.

I know yeah. Villa for 5 million, even with his age and injury histories was an absolute bargain who would have done a job for most teams.

I'm not sure what they would get for him but I wouldn't surprised if he went out on a season long loan with an option to buy for about half of what they paid for him though.

It's strange guys like Paulinho have been benched in favour of guys like Bentaleb who I don't really see doing much at all.

Soldado has been a major dissapointment, you see him screaming in the box for the cross to come in but it always seems to late or never reaches him. Most of his goals have came from penalties which says it all. I expected better things from him as in Spain he was usually a 15-20 goal a season man.

Erikson is the one who I feel has impressed the most but still seems to look out of sorts in the side.

Whatever happens it's clear Sherwood is gone come the summer.

It's strange guys like Paulinho have been benched in favour of guys like Bentaleb who I don't really see doing much at all.

Soldado has been a major dissapointment, you see him screaming in the box for the cross to come in but it always seems to late or never reaches him. Most of his goals have came from penalties which says it all. I expected better things from him as in Spain he was usually a 15-20 goal a season man.

Erikson is the one who I feel has impressed the most but still seems to look out of sorts in the side.

Whatever happens it's clear Sherwood is gone come the summer.

They need to get a manager who can get a system to get the best out of them all but is that going to happen considering they are mostly board signings?

Sherwood started well but he's tailed off something horrible. I reckon Van Gaal will end up there, but if the Man Utd job comes up they might go for Pochettino or Martinez instead.

It seems weird seeing Spurs having such a poor time in terms of getting so many signings wrong and making such a major fuck up with their managerial appointments (again) because they are usually quite good in that regard.

They need to get a manager who can get a system to get the best out of them all but is that going to happen considering they are mostly board signings?

Sherwood started well but he's tailed off something horrible. I reckon Van Gaal will end up there, but if the Man Utd job comes up they might go for Pochettino or Martinez instead.

It seems weird seeing Spurs having such a poor time in terms of getting so many signings wrong and making such a major fuck up with their managerial appointments (again) because they are usually quite good in that regard.

Is Lamela injured or just totally out of favour? 30 million ffs.