U's to take over Nando's

8:00am Friday 21st March 2014 in News

2931667.jpg?type=articleLandscape U's players Drey Wright and Jordan Sanderson with manager Charlotte Smith

U’S fans will get the chance to be waited on by their heroes when players take over Nando’s - for one night only.

The League One team will take on the roles of welcome service, cooks and waiters in the week leading up to their final home game of the season.

The event is part of the Gazette-backed Take Over The Town campaign.

U’s starlet Drey Wright and midfielder Jordan Sanderson will be two of a 30-strong U’s group.

Winger Wright said: “This is something I think everyone wanted to be a part of.

“We live just around the corner, so we’re in here quite a bit and I’m looking forward to doing a bit of everything on the day.”

Jordan added: “The town is so tight and we really want to have these links with the town and maybe the more we do it, the more people we’ll see at the stadium.

“We’re definitely looking forward to it and I would definitely say to the fans to come along and see if we can uphold the Nando’s standards.”

The event takes place on Tuesday, April 22 between 6pm and 10pm.

From today, fans can book a table.

• In the week leading up to the Brentford home game on Saturday, April 26, the club wants businesses to deck their windows in blue and white to show their support.

Don't see the fascination people have with footballers eating at Nando's. As far as eating out goes, its nowhere near as unhealthy as the majority of restaurants.

probably the fact that they are there for the lunchtime specials instead of actually fucking training and improving themselves :wink: