dave whelan

AlexRFC

seen his bit in the sun talking about mcculloch and rangers. saying it wont be long until were back where we belong and named a few greats like john greig. jig speaks highly of him in his book and he always comes across as a good guy. would love a chairman like him at ibrox , unfortunatley theres not many guys like him around. loves his club, looks after the players and fans unlike the shite we have in our board.

Heard him on the radio a few times, it is always interesting.

Told the story once of how he was returning home from town one day as a youngster just after the second world war. A man asked him which bus to get to take him to a certain street. Turns out the street the man mentioned was the street he lived on so he told the guy to get on the same bus as him. Only turned out to be his old man returning home after serving in the second world war. I am not sure if it was the case that he had never met his Dad or he had been a baby when he went off to war, but what a fucking story!

Guys like Dave Whelan deserve any success that comes his way in football, I will

never forget the night Wigan knocked arsenal out the league cup at Highbury.

Dave Whelans face that night was like a kid on Christmas morning, if memory serves

me I believe he was actually in the away end that night as a fan rather than an owner.

Read the article in the barbers today whilst waiting for a haircut.

Another common sense opinion and from a great man too which I think will be considered as being impartial from anyone with a neutral perspective regarding our Club.

Dave Whelan;

A prominent supporter of the Conservative Party, in 2008 he donated £250,000 to the Party and in 2013 he stirred controversy with his call for a mandatory minute's silence at all football games upon the death of Margaret Thatcher.[3]

How do you like that commie fanboys?

Get him signed up quick.

Dave Whelan;

A prominent supporter of the Conservative Party, in 2008 he donated £250,000 to the Party and in 2013 he stirred controversy with his call for a mandatory minute's silence at all football games upon the death of Margaret Thatcher.[3]

Get him signed up quick.

Us commies would hate that mate. Sounds like a real nice chap. :thumbup:

Dave Whelan;

Get him signed up quick.

so you think that because he demanded a mins silence for an ex pm he should be castigated now I m no thatcher lover in fact I have no time or any political party but It says a lot for the fa that he had to come out and say it. that should have been as a mater of course by the fa.regardless of what she did to/for the country she was a leader and for that alone should have had that respect from a national body

Guys like Dave Whelan deserve any success that comes his way in football, I will

never forget the night Wigan knocked arsenal out the league cup at Highbury.

Dave Whelans face that night was like a kid on Christmas morning, if memory serves

me I believe he was actually in the away end that night as a fan rather than an owner.

Nah that's wrong mate, he was actually in the away end that night because he feared for his and his family's safety in the directors box...