Rangers Championship Team 2014-2015

rosco_g88

I'm sure there was a thread similar to this a couple of weeks ago but I couldn't find it so apologies for a repeat but what changes need to be made for next year with starting to build a potential top flight side in mind?

Personally I'd start from the back - that defence still needs sorted out. Absolutely woeful last season and I don't think a great deal has been done about it this season. The midfield could be strengthened a bit but I think we have enough options up top, maybe 1 more foreign type striker?

I'll use players we've been linked with so far and it's just hypothetically but I think below is pretty realistic tbh.

My top team would be ;

Bell

Foster Hutchinson Gunning Wallace

Templeton Law Black Shiels

Clark Daly

Subs : Gallacher (GK), Mohsni, McCulloch, Smith, Macleod, McKay

I've not included any youth players purely because we haven't seen a great deal of them yet but I would like to see development in that area.

I'd like to see Wallace gradually introduced as the club captain with Jig dropping to the bench for use as a utility player where required.

A few of these so called top flight players really need to get the finger out and step up their game next season though.

I wouldn't know where to start other than that Bell and Wallace will be there. We could end up signing another forward (maybe Boyd) and then I've no idea if he'll be partnered with Daly, Clark... or Miller. The central midfield as much as we're linked to McLean I think we have so many players in that position that it's difficult to predict who will be first choice, will MacLeod walk back into the team after injury, will he take Aird's place again playing out of position?

Looking at our current squad Bell, Wallace, Mohsni, Faure, Foster, Templeton, Shiels, Macleod, Law, Black, Clark and Daly are players that potentially are good enough for our Premiership squad, only a couple/few I could say would be first 11 at this stage though. There are obviously other players in with a shout, youths we know little about (although some seem to know they are world beaters) and then guys like McKay who are somewhere in between, we've seen a bit of him and he certainly has ability but at what level is not known.

If I was the manager once we've offloaded some of the deadwood my priorties would be:

A new pacey right right back, good in defence and attack.

A new centre back, tall strong and can read the game well. Wouldn't hurt for a bit of experience next season tbh in this position.

A new right and left winger/right and left sided attacking midfielder. Fast, pacey, an eye for goal and good delivery.

A fast pacey striker, with a decent eye for goal, because even a decent eye for goal at this level will see you score 25+

I would hope Sheils and templeton are gone. Possibly Law aswell. Id put Faure at centre back before jig to be honest and i hope Clarke is our number one striker.

So you want rid of three of our most attacking players? Is that you Ally?

So you want rid of three of our most attacking players? Is that you Ally?

Shiels has spent the better part of 2 years on the physios table. Templeton has the worst attitude of anyone I've ever seen in a rangers jersey and law has done absolutely fuck all since his debut. for those reasons i would be glad to be rid of them.

Shiels has spent the better part of 2 years on the physios table. Templeton has the worst attitude of anyone I've ever seen in a rangers jersey and law has done absolutely fuck all since his debut. for those reasons i would be glad to be rid of them.

Agree.

And Jig needs to retire.

Bell

Wallace

Cuellar

Boogie (Wants to return)

Hutton (Frozen out)

Lewis

Law

Weiss (Wants to return)

Boyd

Miller

Sebo ( Good pals with Weiss and would return

Bench:

Simonsen

Luca

Jig

Temps

Gallagher

Cousin

Apart from being pals with Weiss, on what basis would you bring Sebo back? He was rotten.

Fuck it, get Amdy Faye back as well.

Bell

Wallace

Cuellar

Boogie (Wants to return)

Hutton (Frozen out)

Lewis

Law

Weiss (Wants to return)

Boyd

Miller

Sebo ( Good pals with Weiss and would return

Bench:

Simonsen

Luca

Jig

Temps

Gallagher

Cousin

I notice no one has picked up on the fact that u want to sign a 37 year old cousin who according to wiki has retired... Certainly hasn't had a club for 2 years... But hey ho one for the future eh! And obviously if u were gonna pick an ex player who has retired... You'd pick cousin not mols or laudrup... Someone of that ilk.

Also... We only using 6 subs next season?

See in person do u seek attention this much? Or is it just on here?

Bell, Gallacher

Hateley, McAusland

Jig, Mohsni, Faure, Gasparotto

Wallace, Smith

Gallagher, new RW

Law, Macleod, McLean, Crawford

Templeton, Aird

Clark, Daly, Little, Boyd

That's the squad i'd like to see us go with. Get rid of the likes of Simonsen, Peralta, Cribari, Hutton, Black, Shiels. Generally playing 4-4-2, first 11 depends on form, no guaranteed starters.

Bell, Gallacher

Hateley, McAusland

Jig, Mohsni, Faure, Gasparotto

Wallace, Smith

Gallagher, new RW

Law, Macleod, McLean, Crawford

Templeton, Aird

Clark, Daly, Little, Boyd

That's the squad i'd like to see us go with. Get rid of the likes of Simonsen, Peralta, Cribari, Hutton, Black, Shiels. Generally playing 4-4-2, first 11 depends on form, no guaranteed starters.

Little's contract expires at the end of the season so can't see him being at rangers next season apart from that why not