Allan McGregor

It's funny, I was thinking about this very subject the other day and I imagined him writing an apology in the programme before his first game back. Although I hated everyone of them at the time for jumping ship my feelings are that McGregor left home but didn't quite realise what he was doing and just followed his advisor's advice. I'm sure deep down he would love to be welcomed back. It might take a wee bit of time to completely forgive him but another penalty save against the taigs would probably seal the deal. Not interested in the rest of them but I would take Shagger back if the circumstances were right.

Tin hat on.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He was a fantastic servant for the club, would take him back tomorrow, in fact I would take most of the team back that left. It's a short career. If the cock that is Whyte had never been at the helm the last few years would not have happened.

Short career argument went out the window years ago.

These people earned more in one or two seasons than an average man earns in a lifetime.

None of them would have "been stuck" at Rangers as they all negotiated a reduced fee as part of the earlier wage cuts. All of them moved for free to increase their share and for no other reason

Not one of them should even be allowed back as a spectator

I don't get this whole myth about players who supposedly have "blue blood".

They don't have blue blood, they don't invest in season tickets and merchandise like you and I, and I doubt they feel like we feel after Rangers lose.

If they were Rangers men, they would have stayed with the club and been loyal to the fans.

I wouldn't wish anyone dead, but all of them are totally irrelevant to me now.

I don't get this whole myth about players who supposedly have "blue blood".

They don't have blue blood, they don't invest in season tickets and merchandise like you and I, and I doubt they feel like we feel after Rangers lose.

If they were Rangers men, they would have stayed with the club and been loyal to the fans.

I wouldn't wish anyone dead, but all of them are totally irrelevant to me now.

(tu)

Would anyone take him back?

Out of all the plqyers who fucked us over, I just can't bring myself to hate him.

I always remember his interviews qfter games when we hadn't played well, or had dopped points.

He was always raging, it was obvious his blood is blue. He never once tried to leave us and even signed a contract that would've been effectively meant he would finish his career with us, and I have no doubt he would've honoured that contract if it wasn't for what happened.

Imo, I thinl he was badly advised and reluctantly followed the crowd and left.

If it wasn't for that, he would've spent his whole career from a youth player to a veteran at our club.

How often do you see that these days?

So would anyone else, if the opertunity arised be OK with him rejoining us in the future?

jesus....so many spelling ''errors'' its unreal

I'd have him back in a minute.

Was gutted/raging when the players walked away from us but can't stay bitter forever.

Playing for Rangers is a privilege that most of us would give our right arm for.

They took it for granted and shouldn't be welcomed back at Ibrox in whatever capacity.

I still don't think Lee McCulloch or Andy Little get the credit they deserve for their loyalty to the Rangers cause....

Playing for Rangers is a privilege that most of us would give our right arm for.

They took it for granted and shouldn't be welcomed back at Ibrox in whatever capacity.

I still don't think Lee McCulloch or Andy Little get the credit they deserve for their loyalty to the Rangers cause....

Would McCulloch or Little have got the same contracts, or even better ones, elsewhere? I don't think so.

Fair play to them for staying but let's not be kidded, there wouldn't exactly be teams queuing up to take either off our hands.

Each to their own but I certainly don't hate any of the players that left and would probably take most back if we had the opportunity.

No, he left and that is that. Also for those that argue players only stayed for the high wages we were paying. Edu stayed to be sold same with Broadfoot who was released. As for McCulloch I'm pretty sure he lost a lot in wages. And Little was re-signed as he was out of contract at the time so the argument of him only staying because of his wage is invalid as it was a new contract he signed, he was effectively a free agent.

We should move on from all this would you take players back they are gone now and there is only a select few that would actually be good signings. Possibly Weiss, Boyd, Cuellar and Hutton guys we could use that would improve the first team and didn't jump ship. Obviously wages would be a factor but that will be the case with all higher quality players we go for.

No way will he leave Hull for us anyway. Even if Hull are relegated he'll stay with them or move to a similar level English team. We could not match anywhere near his current wages and bonuses. And anyway we have two very good, experienced goalies at Ibrox just now.

Imo we can keep Simonsen instead, he's a good, proven goalie and probably costs a lot lot less than McGregor would.