Ray McKinnon: Play like that against DUTD you have no chance

Bothwellbear

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Your sub-editing and headline make no sense considering he said play like that and United will beat you.

That's why you are posting on here and not writing for a rag I spose....

So he'd be good at making headlines then. Headlines rarely reflect the story and going by recent weeks BMRs headline would be just as reflective of the story as much of what the sub-editors have produced. The point is a positive slant would never do, it's always a negative slant when a positive slant would be just as possible.

Dundee Utd won't park the bus in a 5-4-1 formation.

We don't have the pace or the players to hurt them though do we?

We all know Daly will lead the line as an isolated striker. We may or may not have Black and Law or even McLeod in the middle.

We won't have Templeton so i can't for the life of me see where the goals are going to come from unless from a set piece.

And even if Law and Black are fit for this game our style of football is appalling and doesn't play to our strengths.

He's just speaking the truth and i'm not sure we'll be able to raise our game, we struggle to play a game of football as it is.

And those saying Utd are over rated, they will be fired up against us and will go for it from the off, i just can't see us doing the same.

They are no world beaters but are miles ahead of us.

I watched the highlights against Hearts and they scored 2 top quality goals. The big striker looks as if he will be more than a handful and what a goal the 2nd one.

They should have scored much more than 2 against Hearts and was genuinly worried at how quickly they break going forward.

Got a real bad feeling about this one havent seen anything from us this season to suggest we can turn them over. Nota fucking thing If I'm honest. Just a feeling that this unbeaten run is papering over some serious cracks.

Now with our injuries it could end up a real doing. Why is Ally risking our better players now the league has been won? Fuck this record, Law and Templeton should have been wrapped in cotton wool since the league was won.

Stating the obvious on the back of a sore defeat, think the point is we were playing Brechin, we did do enough to win but when we come up against Utd we will raise our game, Fact 1 we do have players good enough to beat them, Fact 2 If we get behind them we can put fear into them we can be awesome on our day, Fact 3 If any of the first 2 don't pull together we will struggle, but in the words of the greatest Ranger, I would back Rangers to beat anyone at Ibrox whether it be Albion Rovers or Real Madrid :thumbup:

Stating the obvious on the back of a sore defeat, think the point is we were playing Brechin, we did do enough to win but when we come up against Utd we will raise our game, Fact 1 we do have players good enough to beat them, Fact 2 If we get behind them we can put fear into them we can be awesome on our day, Fact 3 If any of the first 2 don't pull together we will struggle, but in the words of the greatest Ranger, I would back Rangers to beat anyone at Ibrox whether it be Albion Rovers or Real Madrid :thumbup:

Insanely positive. I like it. :pipe:

When have you witnessed this FACT?

I have seen us sweep aside plumbers, joiners and candlestickmakers but mainly down to how dire the level of opposition is. Can't remember us being awesome for along, long time.

They could easily take 5 or 6 of us..easily!! I really mean that as well.

15 away league matches, 15 away league victories.

You have to laugh. Every time we go away, and win, the manager of the vanquished team comes out with a quote of "we wuz robbed", "they won't get away with that against..(fill in name of superstar SPFL team)", etc., etc.. Pathetic.

How come these teams we are scrapping by are invariably getting gubbed week in, week out by some other nonentity but manage to somehow pull out the stops against us? By parking the bus, kicking our players and generally bursting a gut. They should concentrate on winning more of their own games than commenting on what will happen when we come up against another team. It's none of their concern, so why not just give the reporters a deafie and get on with improving their own team?

I don't think we'll beat that shower of shite in a few weeks, that defence of ours are minging (Jig - give me peace). But it will be a different game from what we are used to in this League, and that may just help us. I just fear that our defence won't be man enough for it. Daly will be bursting a gut to put one over on them, and that might just be our ace in the pack.

Here's hoping.

Obviously a bitter ex-D Hibs man but this game against D Hibs will be an entirely different game. Why can't such an experienced football man not see that? He'll be putting a ton on D Hibs then I take it?

I have seen us sweep aside plumbers, joiners and candlestickmakers but mainly down to how dire the level of opposition is. Can't remember us being awesome for along, long time.

Balanced by insanely negative. Equilibrium, I guess.

We witnessed it against Motherwell last season with a team with less ability and experience than the new guys we brought in, I am sorry but I don't see why I should give up with the hope of knocking them out the cup, in my mind, big Daly might just do that thing where he comes back to haunt his old team, just my wee enjoyable scenario but quite frankly I couldn't give to fucks if we get by them by parking the bus and a big Nisbet type deflection as long as we get by them who really cares how ? :thumbup:

We don't have the pace or the players to hurt them though do we?

We all know Daly will lead the line as an isolated striker. We may or may not have Black and Law or even McLeod in the middle.

We won't have Templeton so i can't for the life of me see where the goals are going to come from unless from a set piece.

And even if Law and Black are fit for this game our style of football is appalling and doesn't play to our strengths.

Our set pieces generally aren't great with a couple of notable exceptions

If Shiels is in the mood he may be worth a goal but we will miss Templeton badly, he is our game changer

We witnessed it against Motherwell last season with a team with less ability and experience than the new guys we brought in, I am sorry but I don't see why I should give up with the hope of knocking them out the cup, in my mind, big Daly might just do that thing where he comes back to haunt his old team, just my wee enjoyable scenario but quite frankly I couldn't give to fucks if we get by them by parking the bus and a big Nisbet type deflection as long as we get by them who really cares how ? :thumbup:

I too would take that and it's the only way I can see us winning to be honest. This in itself is a disgrace and shows how far we have fallen.

I was at the motherwell game and that is the last 'great' game I saw us have.

However I wish people would get some perspective. We werent a team full of youngsters but had a much more expensive team with more international experience than Motherwell.

When was the last time a Scottish club payed a transfer fee for a player? They dont and they operate at a much lower level in the wages they can offer.

That team had Clabiri, Wallace, Shiels, Black, Alexander, McCulloch. All players with big league and international experience. How many Motherwell players had the same?

Too many of our fans still think we are operating below SPL teams and they are more advantaged!! This makes it easy for Ally when it inevitably goes to shit because of his limited ability as a manager.

It's going to take a monumental performance to win but it's fitba and as we all know anything can happen. If we had been firing on all cylinders recently and putting in great performances then I would say we had a decent chance. We are lacking in so many areas of the team that anything short of great performances could see us getting humped.