Should we be using loans from the EPL reserves/U20 etc

j1mgg

Just looking at some if the results tonight from the EPL u21s and wondering if we are using these teams that aren't a miles and miles away.

I know the divisions we are in ain't great, but next year I think we could make use of a few young loanees, offer the players game time, and high class facilities.

Some man city player scored 4 goals.

Bad enough for our younger players as it is, to get a run in the team. EPL youth players would not see it as a step up to be playing in our league, I wouldn't think, so would be hard to attract them any way.

So I think we should stick with our youth, and give them the opportunity to progress further, as opposed to outside sources. The benefit being, that they would be home grown, and if fruitful, could get us a decent transfer fee, whereas the loaned player would not.

:7325:

England's Loan system (though not mandatory) basically works like this:

The big teams in the Premier League (Man City, Chelsea, Man United etc) often loan their players out to the English Championship, or League 1, if they want their players to get experience in Europe; They'll often loan out to the top teams of Scotland (Rangers, and them) we'll be ruled out of that until we return to the Premiership.

Smaller teams like Crystal Palace, Cardiff etc, will often loan out to League 2 (English) and occasionally up to Scotland to teams like Motherwell, Aberdeen etc.

But the majority of the time; The English are quite happy with their youth just remaining in the Reserve/u20 leagues. To be honest, the English U20 league is probably more competitive than the Scottish Premiership.

It's probably unlikely that we'll be taking on any loanee's from the English Premiership any time soon.

England's Loan system (though not mandatory) basically works like this:

The big teams in the Premier League (Man City, Chelsea, Man United etc) often loan their players out to the English Championship, or League 1, if they want their players to get experience in Europe; They'll often loan out to the top teams of Scotland (Rangers, and them) we'll be ruled out of that until we return to the Premiership.

Smaller teams like Crystal Palace, Cardiff etc, will often loan out to League 2 (English) and occasionally up to Scotland to teams like Motherwell, Aberdeen etc.

But the majority of the time; The English are quite happy with their youth just remaining in the Reserve/u20 leagues. To be honest, the English U20 league is probably more competitive than the Scottish Premiership.

It's probably unlikely that we'll be taking on any loanee's from the English Premiership any time soon.

Newcastle have been sending players to St Mirren, one has been playing for Newcastle this season. The other boy, despite impressing at St Mirren got sent back again after extending his Newcastle contract. If these guys come in and look like decent ScotPrem players then we should be looking at trying to pinch them.

I hear we have two promising youngsters, Miller and Boyd, lined up for next season.

We should have been using a rotation system since last season allowing youth players the opportunity to break through. How many meaningless games have we played will 11 uninterested players going through the motions?

Now we have an injury crisis and no players ready to make the step up. Fukkin ridiculous.

Just looking at some if the results tonight from the EPL u21s and wondering if we are using these teams that aren't a miles and miles away.

I know the divisions we are in ain't great, but next year I think we could make use of a few young loanees, offer the players game time, and high class facilities.

Some man city player scored 4 goals.

Nope I am against loans in general as all you are doing is developing a player for someone else to reap the reward.

I don't mind loans with a view of try before we buy but not to help another teams development.

I was just thinking along the lines if it may save us a little short term as we won't be offering people 3 year contracts that we might have little use for next year.

We seem to have an issue with having surplus to stock and having to pay them severence pay off, also I believe some one said recently that our u20s werentngood enough and that was the reason they weren't getting game time.

Nope I am against loans in general as all you are doing is developing a player for someone else to reap the reward.

I don't mind loans with a view of try before we buy but not to help another teams development.

Totally agree blue,the only circumstance in which we should be loaning players is if we are looking to buy them. It may sound arrogant considering where we are but I think that only smaller teams should be doing this.