Who is our most important player?

Wallace and Black have to be equal nominees for the season. For the youngsters it has to be macleod. Who ever said Moshni needs their head read, the guy is full of passion but his passing and risk taking is calamitous at times. He has given away the ball far to cheaply on numerous occasions this season

You only have to look at the goals we were conceding last season to see that mohsni has made a big difference to our defence, we've only conceded 2 away goals! Take him out and we would be back to last seasons defence again, that's a scary thought.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The true fans who back the team home and away, not the silly plooky wee schoolboys being lead down the garden path by SoS RST or what ever new alphabet soup is thrown together. It is time we forgot about the boardroom battles and Ally OOT crap. The important thing is the lads in Rangers blue on the field and the lads and lassies in the stands cheering them on game after game. It is time we remembered that we are ALL BLUENOSES, just regular folks born in to a love of Rangers Football Club and quit letting those that either would like to inflict hurt on us, or those that without any real support try to hijack us. One of our anthems starts

ALL TOGETHER NOW!!!!!!!!

THE CRY WAS..........

Can't believe the people saying Moshni.

The guy could make a decent player but his positional discipline is appalling.

He spends so much time trying to be e centre forward that good sides will exploit that all day long.

If he cuts out the silly runs forward I could change my mind

Until then Wallace has to be the man

You only have to look at the goals we were conceding last season to see that mohsni has made a big difference to our defence, we've only conceded 4 away goals! Take him out and we would be back to last seasons defence again, that's a scary thought.

Jig?

Oh dear. He is no defender and he is no Captain.

He treated one of the supporters clubs very poorly after the Annan debacle last season, and he actually tried to deny it. Not an impressive way to behave as an ambassador for Rangers. Frankly, I wouldn't have the man on the pitch at all.

Probably Lee Wallace.

Although in the long term I'd say Lewis Macleod.

I do agree with disgruntled_bear though everyone is replaceable and if it was me incharge the whole squad wouldn't be in our Premiership team bar Wallace and a few of the youngsters like Macleod, Aird, Gallagher and maybe Crawford.

Jig?

Oh dear. He is no defender and he is no Captain.

He treated one of the supporters clubs very poorly after the Annan debacle last season, and he actually tried to deny it. Not an impressive way to behave as an ambassador for Rangers. Frankly, I wouldn't have the man on the pitch at all.

Reading a interview with Callum Gallagher in the Evening Times and he speaks very highly of Jig and how he's helped the younger players on and off the pitch. Jig doesn't get everything right (who does?) and id rather he wasn't mates with the likes of Gudi but i think he's generally behaved as i expect a Rangers captain to behave. Way better than guys like Davis or even Barry Ferguson.

Reading a interview with Callum Gallagher in the Evening Times and he speaks very highly of Jig and how he's helped the younger players on and off the pitch. Jig doesn't get everything right (who does?) and id rather he wasn't mates with the likes of Gudi but i think he's generally behaved as i expect a Rangers captain to behave. Way better than guys like Davis or even Barry Ferguson.

I cannot argue on what Callum has said, but I could and would argue all day long that he is a fucking bombscare of a defender and not a good ambassador for Rangers.

When I look at him as a Captain, I make my comparisons with the likes of Gough, Amoruso, Greig, Butcher, guys who led from the front and with their heart - I am not talking about footballing ability, he is nowhere near any of them. I don't see that leadership in him, and as I said in my post earlier he didn't cover himself in glory at the Annan game - I know this because I was there in the Thornton suite when one of the Supporters clubs, who had spent a lot of money doing the hospitality - were let down by McCulloch. And you note his friendship with the likes of Guidi. Fuck me, how can he be mates with a total arsehole like that? Do the math Lee, as the yanks would say.

Neither Davis or Ferguson were Captain material in my opinion. Fuck knows why either were made Captain of my club.

Nae Captain, nae player.

Wallace is our most important player IMO.

He is both our most talented playe rand the player who has the most value as a saleable asset.

Behind him I owuld probably put NIckly Law who has been our best creative player for the season (so hopefully his injury will not rule him out of the cup semi and Ramsdens final). He has the edge over Black for me but I put him 1st as I htink the presence of Law has allowed Black to be a better player this season.

Lewis MacLeod is probably the most important player for the future - providing he can say illness and injury free he has a very exciting future ahead of him