When did Rhys McCabe go to Portsmouth?

pcbear

See he is on the bench for them tonight, as is Kal Naismith for the mighty Accrington, and Jamie Ness for Orient, Naismith I thought was shite but the other pair had a fighting chance with us, all now getting splinters around the arse end of English football.

If Ness & Mccabe were half as good as they thought they were, they'd be decent players.

Been found wanting in English lower leagues have they?

If they were half as good as they thought they were they'd both have started in El Clasico the other night.

I thought Ness and McCabe could have gone on to cement first team places in midfield. Both looked really good in their respective breakthrough season.

I can sympathies with the likes of Davis and there reasons for moving on and getting a small fee for the club in the process.

But guys like McCabe who had there whole careers ahead of them and an opportunity to play in front of 40,000 people every other week at the age of 20, and the security of first team football every week, are just plain stupid. By the time we were back to the SPL, McCabe and Ness would have been around 23/24 years old and with a good 100+ games under their belt. Not to mention they'd be picking up £3000 every week.

Who in their right mind, at that age, would turn that down in favor of playing for teams like Portsmouth who are grinding it out in the 4th tier of English football with no chance of promotion in front of 3000 people every week and earning a fraction of what you would at Rangers?

I wish them both a miserable, unsuccessful and injury ravaged career.