andrew shinnie

berkshirebear

I'm pretty sure I seen a newspaper interview about just this. It went something like:

"We gave him a shot once and he didn't set the world alight. Who the fuck cares if he had already played 90 minutes for the youth that day? This is Rangers, ye get one fucking chance, one chance and if ye fuck up then yer out on yer arse. Shinnie didn't take his chance. Did he score a hat trick and have a pass completion rate of 100%? Naw. And that's his fault. He's no on that much money anyway, so he must be shite. I'm paying Edu, Daily and Hemdani shit-tonnes, so they must be shit hot. I wouldn't have gave them they contracts if they weren't, would I? I canny mind, but the point is, We're a club with fuck all money, so I'm away to spunk £3Mil on Mendes, then sell him a year down the line for half that. Fucking Hell, wit am i like?"

Injuries held him back.

“At Rangers I did have a couple of injuries with my feet. I had a problem, I had a couple of operations there which did hold me back because I was included in quite a few pre-season tours in the first team and I was on the bench a few times.

“But that did hold me back.

“In hindsight it’s ifs and buts and what could have been.

He was highly thought of coming through the youth ranks at rangers.unfortunatley between injuries and circumstance he never got the time he needed.we don't always have to look for someone at fault for letting these guys go as it was best for the boys career.

He'd probably not be the player he is today had he remained with us. He left and ended up where he could play week in week out, I'm sure that aided his development over playing in our reserves or sitting on the bench. It's difficult for young players to break through here as there are far better players ahead of them in the queue