Your team for next year if we get investment.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't buy a single player.

Sell/free some of the deadwood and spend the cash on coaching and scouting staff. We don't/shouldn't need any more players to win div1 next year and don't have the money to waste on players who, going by the last two year's worth of recruits, only have a 50% of actually being decent.

Then money that could have been spent on players can be kept to clear debts and avoid us needing more "short term capital".

No was speaking more in the context of the thread.

We've spent too much in the lower leagues already so keep the core of this squad and we should have enough, if it looks like we aren't going to go up during next season get a new manager.

You don't need to spend millions to improve the squad, next year also has to be the start of bringing in players capable of doing a job in the SPFL1. The last thing you want to have to do is bring in 10 players in our fist season back in the top flight.

You don't need to spend millions to improve the squad, next year also has to be the start of bringing in players capable of doing a job in the SPFL1. The last thing you want to have to do is bring in 10 players in our fist season back in the top flight.

We're hardly going to attract real top flight winning players while we're still in the lower leagues.

If it has to be 10 players then fine but fans might have to accept a bit more gradual progress.

Bring in some promising youth players that will do the job and improve during the season, Cheap and good. None of this shite buying 30 year olds on high wages and no sell on, Youth is the way forward!

Very risky because one poor game and they'll be slagged off / written off unmercifully. Fans in general too fickle for that to work, hence for need that core of squad is experienced.

We're hardly going to attract real top flight winning players while we're still in the lower leagues.

If it has to be 10 players then fine but fans might have to accept a bit more gradual progress.

We attracted 3 of the best players in the SPL when in the 4th tier.

Very risky because one poor game and they'll be slagged off / written off unmercifully. Fans in general too fickle for that to work, hence for need that core of squad is experienced.

I have no problems with an older player coming in if they are going to be a benefit to the club.

A good example is somebody like Weir a model professional who looked after himself and had bags of experience to pass on to younger players.

A bad example is somebody like Beattie. An overweight Premiership nearly man who had no motivation for a year before joining us and cost the club a fortune.

On the whole I think we need to have a younger team/squad but a few Weirs thrown in there wouldn't bother me at all for the reasons I mentioned.

On massively bloated salaries in comparison to their ability and what the have contributed to the club.

Absolutely, hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Don't recall too many posting at the time it was a disgrace we were signing these players, most were happy we could still attract these big names.

Of course most will now say they were against such signings, a bit like the 20,000+ who will tell you they were at Ibrox on the 23rd September 1981 ;)

Absolutely, hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Don't recall too many posting at the time it was a disgrace we were signing these players, most were happy we could still attract these big names.

Of course most will now say they were against such signings, a bit like the 20,000+ who will tell you they were at Ibrox on the 23rd September 1981 ;)

I always wanted us to get back as quickly and as cheaply as possible.

I lapped the signings up mainly because they were a GIRUY to the clubs who tried to bury us and good news in a time period where there had been nothing but bad news for six months, but I always thought they were excessive for where we were going and I never thought the club would be so badly run that we would find ourselves broke again with eighteen months.

Pending we get the money king is talking about. I would go 4.3.3 with bell.lb wallace rb alan Hutton. Cb Grant Hanley. Cb moshni. Dcm ian black. Cm. Mcleod cm. Nick law. Lw Templeton . Rw craig Conway. St boydie. Think that team would wipe the floor With the championship.

Moshni? Alan Hutton? Fucking Kris Boyd? Craig Conway? No offense but thats a pish team.

1. Davie Weir.

2. Davie Weir.

3. Davie Weir.

4. Davie Weir.

5. Davie Weir.

6. Davie Weir.

7. Davie Weir.

8 Davie Weir.

9. Davie Weir.

10. Davie Weir.

11. Davie Weir.

Wonder who your subs would be?

:)

PS -the solution lies with changes in the dugout, not on the pitch (tu)

Moshni? Alan Hutton? Fucking Kris Boyd? Craig Conway? No offense but thats a pish team.

moshni been pretty solid for us this season. Alan Hutton an attacking right back who demanded a transfer fee of 9 million who has exceled in champs league and internationally. Conway pacey winger who was good for United and kris body spl top goalscorer oh aye did pish for the championship ya baloon

moshni been pretty solid for us this season. Alan Hutton an attacking right back who demanded a transfer fee of 9 million who has exceled in champs league and internationally. Conway pacey winger who was good for United and kris body spl top goalscorer oh aye did pish for the championship ya baloon

We scored more goals when Boyd left. He's a traffic cone that can finish. How many goals against the scum? 1 in his total career against them. How well did he do at Middlesborough?

Hutton is half the player he used to but for the wages he would command I would rather have a younger RB with some sort of sell on value.

Conway? Can't get a game because he's pish. Hanley? Can't get a game because he's pish.

Moshni is nowhere near good enough for when we are back in the top flight. I like him but not Rangers class.

We scored more goals when Boyd left. He's a traffic cone that can finish. How many goals against the scum? 1 in his total career against them. How well did he do at Middlesborough?

Hutton is half the player he used to but for the wages he would command I would rather have a younger RB with some sort of sell on value.

Conway? Can't get a game because he's pish. Hanley? Can't get a game because he's pish.

Moshni is nowhere near good enough for when we are back in the top flight. I like him but not Rangers class.

i'm not talking for when we are back in spl. I agree about Boyd but he always scored against the lesser teams so ideal for the championship. Conway and Hanley would be better than we already have and be too much for championship. I reckon Hutton on loan would be a great addition. He still first choice for the national team and plays well when called apon. Must be something behind the scenes with him and lambert. Moshni again would be fine to get us out that league