McCoist defends transfer policy.

bawsburst

my opinion is ally isn't good enough to take the club forward but if rangers continue to employ him then you can only assume that the board are happy with the job he's doing,if the board want to keep him then come out and give him your backing if not then find a new manager instead of having a debate in public

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

My issue with it is that McCoist sat and told us on more than one occassion that he's justifying the excessive wagebill because the Rangers fans deserve to see good football and that winning isn't enough, the fans need entertained.

His comments last week before Brechin about people talking absolute nonsense who say our style of football isn't the best sums this whole sorry state up and proves how delluded he is. In my opinion of course.

I'm not an Ally fan by any stretch, but I feel I need to defend Ally here.

Ally shouldn't need to justify his signings from last summer.

Craig Matger said that he would go all out for every single player Ally wanted and would do everything to make sure he got EVERY one of them. That's a managers wet dream.

Ally was alqays going to sign all those players of he's getting told he can do it. Could you name any manager that wouldn't have done the same?

Anyway, point am trying to make is that Ally shouldn't have to even be answering these sort of questions. So for all of Ally's faults, this isn't something we can tear into him for.

I'm not an Ally fan by any stretch, but I feel I need to defend Ally here.

Ally shouldn't need to justify his signings from last summer.

Craig Matger said that he would go all out for every single player Ally wanted and would do everything to make sure he got EVERY one of them. That's a managers wet dream.

Ally was alqays going to sign all those players of he's getting told he can do it. Could you name any manager that wouldn't have done the same?

Anyway, point am trying to make is that Ally shouldn't have to even be answering these sort of questions. So for all of Ally's faults, this isn't something we can tear into him for.

You being serious? Ally shouldn't have to justify his signings from the summer? ffs ... that's a new one.

Can you imagine if Mather or Green went "hmm, no wit Ally, these guys are shite we're no signing them".

He'd be spitting the dummy out in the papers just like the Green/Forfar fiasco and getting his wee tarrier loving media pals to chew them up and spit them out.

Simonsen was brought in as back up to Bell and has only been signed for the 1 season so Gallagher could go out on loan and gain first team experience, I fully expect Simonsen to leave the club and have Gallagher back pushing Bell, as for signing 9 players, well we also released some, and not just that last season people were complaining about the players we had and insisting that Coisty should be allowed to bring in more players well you can't get it both ways, either he does or he doesn't, and as had been pointed out many a time, and not just by Coisty, the wage bill was actually reduced from last season to this.

As for the coming season some players will be leaving and as Coisty has said himself he won't be bringing in the same amount of players.

Simonsen was brought in as back up to Bell and has only been signed for the 1 season so Gallagher could go out on loan and gain first team experience, I fully expect Simonsen to leave the club and have Gallagher back pushing Bell, as for signing 9 players, well we also released some, and not just that last season people were complaining about the players we had and insisting that Coisty should be allowed to bring in more players well you can't get it both ways, either he does or he doesn't, and as had been pointed out many a time, and not just by Coisty, the wage bill was actually reduced from last season to this.

As for the coming season some players will be leaving and as Coisty has said himself he won't be bringing in the same amount of players.

Players were released or over 1.5 million paying them off? - Bocanegra, Goian, Kai Naismith, Kyle etc ...

If it's about the quality, theb fair enough.

But it's not, its on the quantity and tgeir wages. Ally hasn't done anything that any other manager would've done in his shoes.

The blame lies with Craig Mather. He should never have said he would go and sugn every player Ally wanted.

Mather was way out of his depth.

You being serious? Ally shouldn't have to justify his signings from the summer? ffs ... that's a new one.

If it's about the quality, theb fair enough.

But it's not, its on the quantity and tgeir wages. Ally hasn't done anything that any other manager would've done in his shoes.

The blame lies with Craig Mather. He should never have said he would go and sugn every player Ally wanted.

Mather was way out of his depth.

That's fair enough, but again McCoist seems to evade any sort of blame and responsibility. Must be magic being him.

Well, we've a decent enough idea where we've been in terms of players brought in last season and this season. Good value? Very debatable. Necessary to win 2 leagues. Again very debatable. To a large extent that's that. Reality for next season may be much much tougher. Could lose players in summer if money is needed because of some daft ill-judged boycott of ST sales. Could lose players anyway if decent enough offers come in. No budget yet for next season and that could be the case for a while yet until it becomes clear whether or not a ST boycott takes hold. I want to see Rangers progress back to the top flight at the first attempt. If that meant bringing in a few better players and releasing some that have not delivered enough then so be it. But it takes money we don't have. So arguments about past signings may be fruitless if the future reality next season is a reduction in capability to get back to the top at the first attempt. Point is - the attention should be on what can be done to generate a fund to acquire players and not rear-view mirror the past.

Ally was alqays going to sign all those players of he's getting told he can do it.

therein lies the problem

if we had a squad of young, vibrant players that were either learning the ropes or at a point where we could make a profit on them then his over wanting of the players and the overspend could be justified

However he targetted players like daly, foster, smith, cribari, sandaza, kyle, black, peralta, argyriou to name a good few, guys who were never going to, or are never gonna be top division capable

yes we had to get through the divisions, but whats the point in our 6mill a year squad spend if the squad needs overhauled everytime we gain a promotion, especially as we couldnt pay some of the guys to leave nevermind sell them at a profit

ally simply bought promotion because maybe deep down he even feels himself that he isnt a good enough manager to actually manage a team, so instead we simply set out to bludgeon our opponents.

Funnily enough the 3 years we will spend in the wilderness were a perfect opportunity for ally to work on his game and his tactical abilities, suss out what to do in different situations etc, instead we wasted two freebie years and look to be wasting a 3rd

We were told the world was ending when the banking crisis happenened...the banks were the enemy. A few years later the noise has subsided and they are back paying those over inflated bonuses to themselves again. We go bump, we all talk about austerity and rebuilding yet we are skint again after a year or so....the foolish learn nothing. Who in their right mind would put Ally and Durranty in charge of a club and a large portion of he budget and expect a going concern? We need to wake up.

Two words Ally should've learned - Gretna & Livingstone.

therein lies the problem

if we had a squad of young, vibrant players that were either learning the ropes or at a point where we could make a profit on them then his over wanting of the players and the overspend could be justified

However he targetted players like daly, foster, smith, cribari, sandaza, kyle, black, peralta, argyriou to name a good few, guys who were never going to, or are never gonna be top division capable

yes we had to get through the divisions, but whats the point in our 6mill a year squad spend if the squad needs overhauled everytime we gain a promotion, especially as we couldnt pay some of the guys to leave nevermind sell them at a profit

ally simply bought promotion because maybe deep down he even feels himself that he isnt a good enough manager to actually manage a team, so instead we simply set out to bludgeon our opponents.

Funnily enough the 3 years we will spend in the wilderness were a perfect opp ortunity for ally to work on his game and his tactical abilities, suss out what to do in different situations etc, instead we wasted two freebie years and look to be wasting a 3rd

Just as Green did when he left? Pictures in the rags of him standing outside his "castle"

He should have 2 Castle's one bigger than the other.

What he spends his money on is nobodies business. What about a picture of what McCoist will buy when he cashes in his penny shares in the papers?

January 17th 2014. Passing the buck.

Rangers say chief executive Graham Wallace is still examining other ways to cut costs at Ibrox but McCoist insists he is not to blame for the latest crisis to envelope the fallen Glasgow giants.

He (McCoist) sanctioned deals for goalkeepers Cammy Bell and Steve Simonsen, defenders Steven Smith, Ricky Foster and Bilel Mohsni, midfield men Nicky Law and Arnold Peralta, as well as Jon Daly and Nicky Clark but claims he has a smaller wage budget than last year.

The Rangers manager said: "I have no regrets. The fact of the matter is that I was given an option to bring players into the club, which I was more than willing to do, at the same time as bringing the budget down again.

"So I have a disappointment and a regret if the club is now suffering from that. But effectively there is nothing that myself or the players can do about it. If we had known about it, it might not have happened.

"But the fact we didn't have a clue about it means we can rest a bit easier about it. If I was told the club would suffer if I brought these players in, then I wouldn't have brought them in."

Asked if others should be held accountable, McCoist respond: "Possibly, but not the players.

"I don't know who is responsible but I do know who is not responsible, and that's the players and supporters, who have given us two years of 36,000 season tickets.

"I have my own ideas about who is responsible, but I would rather keep them to myself."

Also the bit about him saying above ^^^ " If we had known about it, it might not have happened." is a big bare faced lie. He sat and told the fans face to face at that arse-licking farse of a meeting at the start of the season inside Ibrox something totally different when questioned about his signings and the impact it's putting on the wagebill.

The man talks shite. Wake up people.