Craig Gordon still training with us?

Is Craig Gordon still training with us? How is he coming along? Is he near a return to professional football?

If so would it be a good signing for both parties? It might be a good level to give him some game time and Cammy Bell has previously stated that he would welcome him.

Thoughts?

I'd like to see us adopt a rotational policy when it comes to goalkeepers next season. Bell playing one game one week, and Gordon playing the next.

Simonsen is about 90, and Gallacher's contract expires at the end of the season, and is unlikely to be renewed.

Gordon would be a much better alternative to both.

I'd like to see us adopt a rotational policy when it comes to goalkeepers next season. Bell playing one game one week, and Gordon playing the next.

Simonsen is about 90, and Gallacher's contract expires at the end of the season, and is unlikely to be renewed.

Rotating Goalies is the worst thing imaginable, maybe one in the league and one for the cups that would be the only scenario where I would ever change my goalie unless he was injured, suspended or had a really bad dip in form over a few games.

You are at it :lol:

More than any other the goalkeeper is the one area of the pitch you don't want to chop and change.

It seems to be working for Real Madrid.

The exception to the rule.

What possible reason/justification can you have for wanting us to sign another pricey keeper for the level we are at and rotate him with our current (highly paid) number one.

It's one of the most baffling ideas I've read on here in ages tbh.

The exception to the rule.

What possible reason/justification can you have for wanting us to sign another pricey keeper for the level we are at and rotate him with our current (highly paid) number one.

It's one of the most baffling ideas I've read on here in ages tbh.

I don't expect us to be at this level for much more than a year. Next season isn't going to be easy and we need to make improvements to the squad at any level and at any opportunity.

If there was a chance for us to sign Scotland's greatest goalkeeper of this generation for free, I would take it.