Craig Gordon still training with us?

Cammy Bell has been solid so far and is at an age where he can still improve. He's the one who we should continue to invest our time in at this point and any number two behind him needs to be nothing more than a solid, reliable and relatively cheap hand.

At 30/31 years old and with him publically speaking about his aspirations to play football at a high level again Gordon doesn't fit that profile at all and we as a club shouldn't be going down the road of paying two keepers number one level money again.

It's needless excess in the mould of when we were splashing out a rumored 32k a week on McGregor & Alexander when only one of them was ever going to be on the pitch whenever he was available.

I'd like to see us adopt a rotational policy when it comes to goalkeepers next season. Bell playing one game one week, and Gordon playing the next.

Simonsen is about 90, and Gallacher's contract expires at the end of the season, and is unlikely to be renewed.

Gordon would be a much better alternative to both.

A goalie should NEVER be a rotational position

I don't expect us to be at this level for much more than a year. Next season isn't going to be easy and we need to make improvements to the squad at any level and at any opportunity.

If there was a chance for us to sign Scotland's greatest goalkeeper of this generation for free, I would take it.

Problem you have is that Hull won't release McGregor :pipe: