deadwood. players you would let go for next season?

Peralta- bar 1 free kick in a friendly against dundee he's done nothing. Probably on a decent wage too. Dean sheils. Decent enough footballer when on form but posted missing too much for my liking. Couple of the younger 1st too. Robbie Crawford and barrie mckay not good enough in my opinion.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless they're at the end of their contract we can't let anyone just go.

And,if they're still in contract we would need to find another team that required their services and was willing to match or better their wage.

In a perfect world,we'd get shot of the vast majority and start again..............the world's far from perfect,tho!

Simonsen - I like him as a goalkeeper and he's a great attitude, but sadly a luxury back up we can't afford.

Peralta - pish.

Foster - pish.

Smith - Not as bad as Foster or Peralta IMO but another luxury, good experience and versatile but that's it.

McKay - Not good enough - let someone let Gallagher, Stoney or Telfer come through.

Crawford - Same as above.

Faure - Improved from last season but still not good enough. How people rate him is beyond me. Wouldn't spend cash getting rid, but if we could get a couple of hundred grand then move him on, if not then keep him as back-up.

McCulloch - I love the big guy, he's a legend but he's at that age now and giving someone like him 10-15 grand a week is insanity. Thanks Lee. Legend.

Cribari - Enough said.

Hutton - Injury prone and inconsistent. Will become a better player elsewhere.

Perry - He's pish.

Hegarty - He's pish.

Little - I like him but he's never a winger. He will never be first choice forward under McCoist. I still rate him but under these circumstances if we get a few hundred grand for him I'd move him on, if not I'll happily keep him as back-up. Infact, I think he's out of contract? if he is and will re-sign on cheap terms then consider that.

Shiels - Only if we can get some good money for him. By that I mean 400-500 grand. He's a high earning luxury we can't afford for little or not return ... or when he feels like it.

On the fence with Aird. He's not that great but He's shown some glimpses and is young, but next season is a big season for him. Will re-evaluate him next year.

I wouldn't get rid of Peralta.

It takes a while for players to settle , never mind from Central America .

The guy's about to play in the World Cup , way above the class Scotland have attained.

It hasn't worked out for him yet , but let see what he does next year and if it's still not happening then it's time to let go.

The guy's about to play in the World Cup , way above the class Scotland have attained.

It hasn't worked out for him yet , but let see what he does next year and if it's still not happening then it's time to let go.

I'm hoping he's gonna run riot in the World Cup then we cash in. Then again,I'm hoping to win the lottery the morra!

Our scouting(?)system seems to be a tad flawed.

I'm hoping he's gonna run riot in the World Cup then we cash in. Then again,I'm hoping to win the lottery the morra!

Our scouting(?)system seems to be a tad flawed.

Actually agree with you.

I don't scottish football suits him. My biggest fear is we get rid of him just for the sake of it , for nothing .

Whereas if we just wait till after the WC , he may do us a turn . If not , we may get a fee for him.

Peralta is bollocks and he isn't going to get any better while wearing a Rangers shirt imo. I dont think he wants to be at the club.

Let him go sooner the better

Simonsen - I like him as a goalkeeper and he's a great attitude, but sadly a luxury back up we can't afford.

Peralta - pish.

Foster - pish.

Smith - Not as bad as Foster or Peralta IMO but another luxury, good experience and versatile but that's it.

McKay - Not good enough - let someone let Gallagher, Stoney or Telfer come through.

Faure - Improved from last season but still not good enough. How people rate him is beyond me. Wouldn't spend cash getting rid, but if we could get a couple of hundred grand then move him on, if not then keep him as back-up.

McCulloch - I love the big guy, he's a legend but he's at that age now and giving someone like him 10-15 grand a week is insanity. Thanks Lee. Legend.

Cribari - Enough said.

Perry - He's pish.

Hegarty - He's pish.

Little - I like him but he's never a winger. He will never be first choice forward under McCoist. I still rate him but under these circumstances if we get a few hundred grand for him I'd move him on, if not I'll happily keep him as back-up. Infact, I think he's out of contract? if he is and will re-sign on cheap terms then consider that.

Shiels - Only if we can get some good money for him. By that I mean 400-500 grand. He's a high earning luxury we can't afford for little or not return ... or when he feels like it.

On the fence with Aird. He's not that great but He's shown some glimpses and is young, but next season is a big season for him. Will re-evaluate him next year.

Thats pretty much the list and thoughts I have, Foster is less pish than he was though.

Really depends on if we would have others to bring in who would be an improvement, either from other clubs or our youth ranks. Depending on what they get as well, people like Foster and Smith can be quite useful especially if the squad size is reduced. Probably Simonsen, Faure, Cribari, Peralta, Shiels, Perry - after that I would only be getting rid of someone that we could replace.

In an ideal world our player pool should be culled dramatically over the summer with 4 key first team signing made, notably a right back, centre back and a striker.

Of our current first team i would keep the following:

GK: Bell

RB: require a new player

CB: moshni

CB: require a new player

LB: wallace (captain)

RM: aird (big season) or c gallagher

CM: mcleod

CM: require new creative/attacking option

LM: templeton

CF: clark

CF: require new player

4 key signings to make our play a bit more attractive, pressing and that can retain posession more.

Injuries, suspension, loss of form are inevitable plus the championship will throw up tough games now and then especially away from home so the first team should be supplemented with the following options:

S gallacher, gasparotto, peralta (1 more season to determine his worth) law, black, mckay (big season), little and daly.

I expect the following to start pushing for first team places this season:

Mcausland, halkett, sinammon, telfer, walsh, stoney and ogen.

We may well get lucky and pick up a player or 2 out of contract this summer also but only if they are of benefit to the team and not benchwarmers draining a wage.

I also think maybe its time ally used a fresh option in his coaching staff, as much as i love durrant and mcdowall has done a decent job, maybe someone from the continent with new ideas and has success bringing through youth?

mcculloch, mccoist,KM and durrant would be a good starting point

throw in daly and black and you might start getting somewhere

smith, foster, cribari et al should be too embarrassed to even turn up for pre-season

So we have no cash... and you want us to start the championship season with no management team, no captain and no back-up in defence.

Bravo. :clap:

Peralta - pish.

Foster - pish.

Cribari - Enough said.

Perry - He's pish.

Hegarty - He's pish.

Ha ha, couple of hundred grand for Faure, few hundred grand for Little, 400-500 for Sheils !! Good one

Simonsen £1-2k

McCulloch £15k

Foster £3-5k

Smith £1-2k

Hegarty £1k

Perry £1k

Hutton £1k

Crawford £1k

Little £3-5k

Shiels £5k

Crabari.. £5k

Those are rough estimates of what those players earn. Weekly that works out at least £37k per week which is £1,924,000 in wages per year for very very little in return.

Those are rough estimates of what those players earn. Weekly that works out at least £37k per week which is £1,924,000 in wages per year for very very little in return.

That's frightening and I think your being generous to one or two too as I have a suspicion they might earn a little more