Calum Gallagher

Clyde Valley

cummockbear: I agree, these guys are hungry and I think they'll do a good job, as well as being relatively unknown, as regards their style, they surely can't do any worse than some of the performance we've had to endure in the last 5-6 months.

cummockbear: I agree, these guys are hungry and I think they'll do a good job, as well as being relatively unknown, as regards their style, they surely can't do any worse than some of the performance we've had to endure in the last 5-6 months.

Spot on Dutchy (tu)

I'd start him in all remaining games he brings a new dimension of football to the team imo

From what I have seen he seems to link the midfield to the frontline rather well.

Im actually disappointed he only got into the team once we had the league won.

He isn't going to get any better playing in the under -20s.

Would have no worries about playing him, he's certainly better wide right than Crawford.

Crawford is a central midfielder and nothing else. Gallagher may well be a CF but he has the ability to play out wide. He seems to be the only player we have who can play outside his recognised position.

From what I have seen he seems to link the midfield to the frontline rather well.

Im actually disappointed he only got into the team once we had the league won.

He isn't going to get any better playing in the under -20s.

aye he does a fine job of linking midfield to attack, quite disappointed myself it's took him this late in the season to get a sniff of 1st team action, and i'm gutted also that he's the only one from the U20's to get a shot at 1st team football this season.

Crawford is a central midfielder and nothing else. Gallagher may well be a CF but he has the ability to play out wide. He seems to be the only player we have who can play outside his recognised position.

Agreed mate, the amount of times Crawford find himself being dragged into the centre is terrible. Aird isn't much better either constantly wants to cut inside instead of taking his man on down the line.

Agreed mate, the amount of times Crawford find himself being dragged into the centre is terrible. Aird isn't much better either constantly wants to cut inside instead of taking his man on down the line.

played on Airds natural.right hand side that wouldnt happen and i would start Aird.wide right.and Gallagher up front with Jig

Or that he has been introduced at the perfect time.

Problem with that is we have been dire and if Aird or Templeton weren't producing we had no option on the bench to replace them. Gallagher gives us that option from what I have seen so he should have been introduced months ago.

Problem with that is we have been dire and if Aird or Templeton weren't producing we had no option on the bench to replace them. Gallagher gives us that option from what I have seen so he should have been introduced months ago.

Quite agree, as soon as we started losing all those games it was obvious that a change was needed.

He should start.

For all his ability he also seems to be have the mentality required to be a rangers player so it would beneficial for his long term development if he plays in a big game where a trophy is at stake.

Didn't do Derek Johnstone any harm to play in a cup final at 16 did it?

Just seems to be a mentality that says young lads shouldn't be trusted until they are at least 22 or 23.

Key positions are always filled with "experience"

Quite agree, as soon as we started losing all those games it was obvious that a change was needed.

The performances are the issue not the result. We can hardly make a like for like substitution unless its in the centre of midfield. Gallagher gives us this for Aird or Templeton.

Gallagher is due to play in the U20 game tonight, and I think he was only a sub at the weekend with this in mind.

Hopefully he has a good game tonight and it sets him up for the Ramsden's at the weekend. He has been a revelation since he came into the side.