Clydebank v Rangers 18/4/87

StewGer

My 1st ever game was against Clydebank at Kilbowie park can't remember the year though? I remember i had that Purple Rangers strip though.

This one maybe? 10/05/1996, Ken Eadie Testimonial, Clydebank 2-3 Rangers.

The last games of that season reminded me of something that is often sadly missing in todays football.

The games were all played at 3pm on a Saturday.

The tarriers drew that day, then 2 weeks later they lost to Falkirk with us winning the leaque at Pittodrie.

The atmosphere was amazing as the tarriers results filtered through.

This one maybe? 10/05/1996, Ken Eadie Testimonial, Clydebank 2-3 Rangers.

Don't know i was only 5 at the time mate. All i remember was that i had the purple strip on and the players kept hitting the ball off the windows, don't know if it was the polis stations windows or the bankies club?

Don't know i was only 5 at the time mate. All i remember was that i had the purple strip on and the players kept hitting the ball off the windows, don't know if it was the polis stations windows or the bankies club?

The windows would have been the bankies club behind one of the goals :D The only other game I can think of around that time was a reserve game that got a big crowd because Goram, McPherson, Gazza and McCoist were coming back from injury. So it was probably one of those two.

I remember being at that game. Was that not Colin West's first goal for RFC? I also think he'd been out injured for quite a while and this was his come-back game.

I think that was the season after... I remember West scoring against Clydebank putting the ball past that keeper who looked ancient.

I also remember the Kilbowie game where I think Gary Stevens made his debut or scored his first goal. Round about the time when you could but the season review videos but you had to buy four of them to get the full season. The Stevens game was on the 1988/89 video of the first part of the season.

I think that was the season after... I remember West scoring against Clydebank putting the ball past that keeper who looked ancient.

I also remember the Kilbowie game where I think Gary Stevens made his debut or scored his first goal. Round about the time when you could but the season review videos but you had to buy four of them to get the full season. The Stevens game was on the 1988/89 video of the first part of the season.

I am sure Stevens was away to Hamilton

Was Gary Stevens not at the old Douglas park ground in Hamilton ? I remember we played the bankies in the cup and it took 3 games if I remember right kilbowie park ibrox and we finally

Beat them in the third game at firhill might be wrong mind you my football memory is not what it used to be lol.

Gary Stevens scored at Hamilton at the start of a later season. I was also at that game. McCoist scored the second in a 2 nil win. Ally had to go off after scoring as he was being sick. That was start of season 88-89.

I meant to add that big West only stayed 1 season with us and that was 86-87. He got a bad injury early on and was out for most of the season.

I was wrong about it being his first goal though.

I am sure Stevens was away to Hamilton

You are right there, mate. Red and white strips and ramshackle stadiums have got me confused.

13 August 1988 Hamilton Academical (A) 2–0 10,500

(Stevens, McCoist)

Ten-and-a-half thou at Hamilton. The Gers were in town.

Gary Stevens scored at Hamilton at the start of a later season. I was also at that game. McCoist scored the second in a 2 nil win. Ally had to go off after scoring as he was being sick. That was start of season 88-89.

I meant to add that big West only stayed 1 season with us and that was 86-87. He got a bad injury early on and was out for most of the season.

I was wrong about it being his first goal though.

Nice memory, mate. (tu)

I remember Colin West well. That was my first season as a fan and I got photos taken at training with him, Souness and Phil Boersma.

My Da took me on the stadium tour that day. Happy times. And the first spark of over a decade of imperious dominance. :)

The windows would have been the bankies club behind one of the goals :D The only other game I can think of around that time was a reserve game that got a big crowd because Goram, McPherson, Gazza and McCoist were coming back from injury. So it was probably one of those two.

It must have been this one mate. I knew i remembered Gazza and McCoist being there.

Thats the one mate.

:uk:

You wouldn't have thought it but that was the third or fourth game left that season and we were only two points ahead of the Nellie Kims.

Hundreds were locked out on the streets around Clydebank - again some of them had tickets too!

Within a week or two of that game we went to Pittodrie and won the league for the first time in nine years.

The first time I was in kilbowie was after jock Stein died, I always remember being

inside when the minutes silence started, when the bears outside we're singing

like fuck unaware what was happening.

The game was shit but we won 1-0 with a late Bobby Williamson goal.