You are the Manager

quinty

of Rangers in this hypothetical scenario:

At a date in the future, the final game of the SPFL approaches. Aberdeen/Hibs/Dundee Utd/Partick Thistle take your pick are one point clear of Celtic at the top. Celtic play the bottom team and we have the top team at Ibrox. We cannot win the league no matter the result.

Question - do we deliberately lose the game to ensure that Celtic cannot win the League?

Question - would it make a difference to your answer above depending on which team was top?

Please be sure that you understand what the words, hypothetical and ensure mean before answering this post.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In this hypothetical scenario, am I to assume that a (3rd place at least) Rangers are going to be able to effect the outcome in the match anyway?

I mean we are hypothetically not good enough to even get into a winning spot in the league, so hypothetically we would probably get pumped by the first place team anyway.

WHAT IS THE POINT OF THIS

On another thread there were loads of posters lining up to say that Rangers should try to win every game no matter the circumstances. I'm just interested in their response to this scenario.

If it offends you, feel free to jog on.

In this hypothetical scenario, am I to assume that a (3rd place at least) Rangers are going to be able to effect the outcome in the match anyway?

I mean we are hypothetically not good enough to even get into a winning spot in the league, so hypothetically we would probably get pumped by the first place team anyway.

I did ask you to be sure you knew what 'ensure' meant Gogzy :thumbup:

of Rangers in this hypothetical scenario:

At a date in the future, the final game of the SPFL approaches. Aberdeen/Hibs/Dundee Utd/Partick Thistle take your pick are one point clear of Celtic at the top. Celtic play the bottom team and we have the top team at Ibrox. We cannot win the league no matter the result.

Question - do we deliberately lose the game to ensure that Celtic cannot win the League?

Question - would it make a difference to your answer above depending on which team was top?

Please be sure that you understand what the words, hypothetical and ensure mean before answering this post.

Personally I'd rather we won even if it meant they won the league but I wouldn't be as upset I we did lose.

Personally, I would throw the game to stop them winning - it would make me think harder before coming to the same conclusion if it was Aberdeen or Dundee Utd who would benefit - Ultimately though, my hatred of them surpasses all other.

A manager's job is to win games.

As a fan, I'd hate to see them win it

As a manager, I shouldn't have allowed my team to be in this position in the first place, so would take the upset of losing out on the top spot and salvage something from it if I could, even if it meant them winning

this kind of happened to me at Champ Manager exept I was Man City and Man U were going for a Champions League place

I had won the league and won every game of the season but I was playing Liverpool and if they won Man U wouldnt get into the Champions League

so I played my Best Striker in goals and played defenders up front and shit like that

needless to say Livepool won 2-0

NO champions league place for Man U :thumbup: